Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

  • ffffrf
  • ffffrf
30 Sep 2025 00:48

Extremely confused - Nonworking limit switches

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

sorry not super tech savvy, I think so though?

All of this is on a single computer with a single ethernet port (computer1)

1. I started with my mesa1 (mesa1, config1) board set at 10.10.10.10, which was working all correctly for machine1 on computer1
2. Purchased second mesa 7i96s for a second machine (mesa2, config2) for computer1, and gpio and steppers work in pncconf for config2 but when running config2, none of my GPIO work, but steppers work
3. When I run config1 on mesa2 on computer1, the GPIO works as normal
4. I tried changing mesa2 to 10.10.10.11 per my above code, and ran config2, but it did not fix the issue
5. when I run a custom halrun (per above post) with mesa2, the GPIO does work, but still doesnt work when i run config2

I never ran ip command at all except for the related code in my above post

I have thus far never had success with config2 and mesa2 gpio working under any circumstance
  • Ilysha
  • Ilysha
30 Sep 2025 00:39
Replied by Ilysha on topic Can the OPI5 be Configured to Run LCNC?

Can the OPI5 be Configured to Run LCNC?

Category: Computers and Hardware

Hi everyone! I’m new to Linux and Orange Pi, but I’m really eager to learn and figure things out. I would be incredibly grateful for your help. Could someone write a simple, step-by-step guide—from a fresh Armbian installation to a fully working setup, including using files from a disk? I’m really trying to understand everything and I’ve already exhausted ChatGPT! Please, I would deeply appreciate any guidance you can give
  • PCW
  • PCW's Avatar
30 Sep 2025 00:26 - 30 Sep 2025 00:28

Extremely confused - Nonworking limit switches

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

So LinuxCNC setup (2.9.4) with 7i96S initially set at IP address 10.10.10.10:

mesaflash --device  7i96s --addr 10.10.10.10 --readhmid
(works)
LinuxCNC with 10.10.10.10 IP address works and inputs work
mesaflash --device  7i96s --addr 10.10.10.10 --set ip=10.10.10.11
mesaflash --device  7i96s --addr 10.10.10.10 --reset
mesaflash --device  7i96s --addr 10.10.10.11 --readhmid
(works)
LinuxCNC with 10.10.10.11 IP address works and inputs work
mesaflash --device  7i96s --addr 10.10.10.11 --set ip=10.10.10.10
mesaflash --device  7i96s --addr 10.10.10.11 --reset
mesaflash --device  7i96s --addr 10.10.10.10 --readhmid
(works)
LinuxCNC with 10.10.10.10 IP address works and inputs work

Did nothing else (never ran ip command at all)


 
Displaying 13291 - 13293 out of 13293 results.
Time to create page: 0.845 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum