Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
12 Mar 2014 12:29 #44722 by mariusl
Hi Norbert
I did look at the change.ngc file. I cannot see a way to do what I am looking for.

There are two ways to get the block height.
1: By making a manual measurement ( as you do )
2: By probing the top of the block or anywhere on a complex part with G38.x (most common way of doing - for me at least )

What I am looking for is a way to get the block height into "gmoccapy.blockheight" from the probed result. It is not always practical to measure a part or block height form the base of the machine so we probe the height. For instance, if I want to machine inside a cavity of an already made part, it could be very difficult to measure the exact height. But if it is probed, you can get the correct measurement.
This is the usual way of getting the job Z zero position for every job that I do. So it serves a dual purpose.

NOTE: This method is done before the gcode is run at all.

To provide a solution for this way of usage;
If the "gmoccapy.blockheight" was R/W or a parameter, then we could write the result to that instead of pushing the "Block Height" button manually. Also we dont have the probe result on display to enter it easily.

I understand that you cannot spend time on support for the usage of the screen but I do think this is a very needed feature. Without that the Automatic tool change function will be limit.

Any suggestions will be welcome :)

P.S. What is Luminos?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2014 14:00 #44724 by mariusl
Hi Norbert
Just noticed something. You can please change the header comment of the gmoccapy script. It is not a "Try of a new GUI" it is a new GUI and a damn good one man. :cheer:

Give yourself some credit.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
12 Mar 2014 14:13 #44725 by newbynobi

Hi Norbert
Just noticed something. You can please change the header comment of the gmoccapy script. It is not a "Try of a new GUI" it is a new GUI and a damn good one man. :cheer:

I did not change the header, but someoen did ;-) May be the admin of this thread like gmoccapy too ;-)

Norbert

More
12 Mar 2014 14:28 - 12 Mar 2014 14:29 #44726 by newbynobi
ToolChange:

The toolchange of gmoccapy is nothing more than a remap function with the special case of block height.

If you do want to modify it, you only have to modify the change.ngc file.

Marius the way you want to do it, do requiere a reference tool! Exactly this is what I wanted to avoid. There is an example of touching off the workpiece with a reference tool in sim/axis/remap called manual-tool-change-with-tool-length-switch.

Please take that one as starting point. You will not need than the blockheight button or pin from gmoccapy.

Norbert

luminos = Linux User Machine Inetrface NOrbert Sch.
Will be the very industrial version of gmoccapy. It will require basic hardware as ESTOP Button ON-Switch, Jogwhell, Axis selection switch, mode selection switch, keyboard and some more. It will offer the "gmoccapy layout", the sidebutton handling, much more pin than gmoccapy to connect hardware and in the final version it will contain an integrated gcode generator similar to the ShopMill and ShopTurn. so you will be able to produce most 2.5D parts without the need of a CAM. But if you want not only basic stuff, like drill, facing and so on, you will be forced to spend a little money to get contour pocketing with island and atomatic selection of entry and leaving moves, trochiodal slotting and so on...

Be surprised, I will open an own thread for that as soon as the first moves can be done, but that will still take a while.
Last edit: 12 Mar 2014 14:29 by newbynobi.

More
12 Mar 2014 15:56 #44729 by mariusl
Thanks Norbert, I will have a look at that.

Luminos sounds like a very interesting development. I will be looking out for it :) Let me know if you want a tester.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
12 Mar 2014 16:42 #44731 by cncbasher
count me in as well Norbert ,

More
13 Mar 2014 04:41 #44744 by newbynobi
gmoccapy 1.0.8

This patch has been supplied from Steffen Noack
He added a new property to hal_gremlin to allow select the
button behavior of the mouse.

add property 'mouse_btn_mode'
0 = left rotate, middle move, right zoom
1 = left zoom, middle move, right rotate
2 = left move, middle rotate, right zoom
3 = left zoom, middle rotate, right move
4 = left move, middle zoom, right rotate
5 = left rotate, middle zoom, right move

The mouse wheel will still zoom the preview in every mode.
If you select an element in the preview, the selected element
will be taken as rotation center point.

Gremlin has as default Mode 0, I selected Mode 4 for gmoccapy as default. If you do not like that mode, just change it on the settings page. I updated the WIKI and also the translations.

Someone have to take a look on the Serbian translation, and who can check my Hobby Spanish translation. Just take gtranslator and open the corresponding files in linuxcnc-dev/src/po/gmoccapy/??.po and after editing post the file, I will push the changes.

Norbert

P.S. At the volunteers for luminos, I will come back to you.

More
13 Mar 2014 16:48 #44753 by mariusl
Hi Norbert
Is there a way to hide a glade panel that is inserted in the box_custom_1 space. I would only like to bring it up on the screen when I do the reference tool probe. After that it must be hidden completely until the next tool change.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
14 Mar 2014 10:27 #44793 by Quadro
Hello Norbert,
Are you accepting any requests for features for luminos (BTW a lot better name than gmoccapy)?

Anthony

More
14 Mar 2014 10:45 #44794 by jbunch
Norbert,

Here is the new error after runing the build.

:~/linuxcnc-dev$ linuxcnc
LINUXCNC - 2.6.0~pre
Machine configuration directory is '/home/jimbo/linuxcnc/configs/yam_lathe'
Machine configuration file is 'yam-lathe.ini'
Starting LinuxCNC...
/home/jimbo/linuxcnc-dev/scripts/realtime: line 159: /home/jimbo/linuxcnc-dev/bin/linux
cnc_module_helper: Permission denied
Realtime system did not load
Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...
Running HAL shutdown script
RTAPI: ERROR: could not open shared memory (errno=2)
/home/jimbo/linuxcnc-dev/scripts/linuxcnc: line 492: 5318 Segmentation fault $HAL
CMD -f $SHUTDOWN
/home/jimbo/linuxcnc-dev/scripts/linuxcnc: line 492: 5325 Segmentation fault $HAL
CMD stop
/home/jimbo/linuxcnc-dev/scripts/linuxcnc: line 492: 5326 Segmentation fault $HAL
CMD unload all
/home/jimbo/linuxcnc-dev/scripts/realtime: line 192: /home/jimbo/linuxcnc-dev/bin/linux
/home/jimbo/linuxcnc-dev/scripts/realtime: line 192: /home/jimbo/linuxcnc-dev/bin/linux
Cleanup done
LinuxCNC terminated with an error. You can find more information in the log:
/home/jimbo/linuxcnc_debug.txt
and
/home/jimbo/linuxcnc_print.txt
as well as in the output of the shell command 'dmesg' and in the terminal

Jim

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds