Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
06 Mar 2014 20:34 #44493 by newbynobi
Halo Marius,

you are able to get me crazy ;-)

OK, in detail:

- why do you leave a bunch of unneeded files in a directory for your machine? I deleted most of them.
- The problem was, that you did include in [TRAY] MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY, but that section should never take this, I changed that one to the correct value MAX_VELOCITY and that's it.
- I do not know if it is necessary, but I recommend to add HALUI = halui at last line in HAL Section, but do use that one only if you must! I have not tested all through with gmoccapy, so there may be side effects using that hal module.

Find attached the cleared archive.

Norbert
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2014 20:49 #44495 by mariusl
Hi Norbert
All I do is copy the sim directory for gmoccapy and then I delete what I dont want later. Is there another way to start a new config?

That part of the ini file comes from the 2.5.3 production config for the same machine. I created a config with stepconf in 2.5.3 to get the hal that I want and then used that together with the sim stuff. Why is it an issue here and not in 2.5.3 or is that section changed?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
06 Mar 2014 22:21 #44499 by mariusl
Norbert
I am trying to find the pyngcgui stuff for gmoccapy but I cannot seem to locate it. Has it moved?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
06 Mar 2014 23:09 #44500 by newbynobi

All I do is copy the sim directory for gmoccapy and then I delete what I dont want later. Is there another way to start a new config?

That part of the ini file comes from the 2.5.3 production config for the same machine. I created a config with stepconf in 2.5.3 to get the hal that I want and then used that together with the sim stuff. Why is it an issue here and not in 2.5.3 or is that section changed?

Who did tell you to do that?

If you make your config in 2.5.3, OK, even if I do not know why not to take stepconf from master.

You should than have a folder linuxcnc/config/my_Machine

Just take that folder and copy that one to linuxcnc-dev/configs

After doing that, just start that config without any changes, if it starts without errors, then just edit your INI according to the WIKI and you should not have problems.

[TRAY] did never had an option MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY, at least as far as I know, the strange error is surprising me.

In regard to the pyngcgui stuff, i think I lost that one changing from gscreen to stand alone.
I have never loked at that, because I am developing together with a German a differnt way of getting gcode. As far as I know Dewey Garrett is taking care of that software, so best is to ask him if he is willing to bring it back to gmoccapy.

Should not be so complicated, as it is just an embedded_tab.

Norbert
The following user(s) said Thank You: mariusl

More
06 Mar 2014 23:29 #44502 by mariusl
Ah the stepconf program that writes to some other directory. I forgot aout that issue. Nobody has to tell me to do all kinds of funny stuff, I manage to do that all by myself ;)

I have the pyngcgui stuff sorted. I was just wondering why it was not on your directory. I will ask Dewey to help.

My system is up and running again with all the latest software so now I can get work done on the panel again.

Thanks for all your patience and help, I do appreciate it very much.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
07 Mar 2014 00:03 #44504 by newbynobi
Hallo Marius,

you are a very good bug finder and we do need people to manage strange behavior. That is the only way to make software stable and reliable!

So go on!

Norbert

More
08 Mar 2014 03:33 - 08 Mar 2014 21:16 #44555 by verser
Hi Norbert,
there is a small problem autoscale of custom panels:

solved (right figure) by adding in gmoccapy.glade for custom box (box_custom_2 in my case)
<packing>
  <property name="expand">False</property>
</packing>
but I should not touch gmoccapy.glade.
How best to resolve it?
Whether GTK+ allows access to the property of the parent from the dynamically connected child ?
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Mar 2014 21:16 by verser.

More
08 Mar 2014 22:27 #44567 by newbynobi
Halo Verser,

as I did not find any side effects of your changes, I made them standard and just pushed the corrections.
It will work as you wished from ver. 1.0.6.2 (actual from now on)

Norbert
The following user(s) said Thank You: verser

More
09 Mar 2014 05:42 - 09 Mar 2014 15:42 #44586 by verser
Addition Compensation Z is ready.
Norbert, thanks for the help :)
cnc-club.ru/forum/download/file.php?id=25699
Last edit: 09 Mar 2014 15:42 by verser.

More
09 Mar 2014 20:58 #44597 by mr_deimos
I needed to give my mill a spin a few days ago so i decided i could as well try the latest and greatest gmoccapy.
Transition from 0.9.9.9.(...) to 1.x version went suprisingly smoothly. After reading about other users' problems i was prepared to spend half an hour or so tweaking configs and persuading git to pull the new version, but it was only a matter of doing git pull, make and changing names of two hal pinsnftom gscreen.* to gmoccapy.*

Everything works great, no new problems to report so far. Being able to double click files and folders to open them saves some time and frustration :)
Great job as always, Norbert.

As for z compensation i was planing to try it out for some time now. Not having to mill a flat bed for pcb should save some time and allow for simpler mounting. Thanks for implementing it right in gmoccapy, verser. I'll have to give it a try with the next pcb i make.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds