Another plasma component...

More
18 Apr 2019 05:38 #131110 by phillc54
I have pushed another update:
- fix a timing issue causing probe trip errors.

Probing works like:
If ohmic-max-attempts = 0, a probe will trigger by the first of ohmic or floatswitch.
If ohmic-max-attempts = n, probing will attempt an ohmic probe, if unsuccessful move to probe height and try again, if unsuccessful n times, move to probe height then trigger by the first of ohmic or floatswitch.

Any successful probe will then move on to pierce height.

Cheers, Phill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2019 20:47 - 18 Apr 2019 22:30 #131186 by islander261
Phill

I installed the latest today and only got as far as static testing.

In the configuration tab the safe height (Safe Z) now only allows entries in the .04" to .25" range now. The previous build I was using had a default value of .75" and I set mine to 1.0". This appears to be some kind of configuration problem as the sim works as it should.

Ohmic Probing is now ending up about .01" high right now. I set .09" and get .1". I check the physical height frequently so this isn't a show stopper for me, at least the error is in acceptable direction.

John
Last edit: 18 Apr 2019 22:30 by islander261.

More
18 Apr 2019 23:50 - 19 Apr 2019 01:52 #131201 by phillc54

In the configuration tab the safe height (Safe Z) now only allows entries in the .04" to .25" range now. The previous build I was using had a default value of .75" and I set mine to 1.0". This appears to be some kind of configuration problem as the sim works as it should.

Currently the settings are:
Minimum = 0.1
Maximum = ini.z.max_limit
Default = 0.75 (only if there is no entry in the cfg file)
These are in plasmac_config.py, probably quite a few of the defaults in here need revisiting...

Ohmic Probing is now ending up about .01" high right now. I set .09" and get .1". I check the physical height frequently so this isn't a show stopper for me, at least the error is in acceptable direction.

That is a lot more error than I get here, what is your debounce set to?
EDIT: It won't be that, I have tried imperial and metric configs with debounce at 1 and at 20, at 1 it is within 2 thou (always higher) and at 20 is higher by less than 3.4 thou - these are conversions as I only have metric feeler gauges. Also the measurements are very consistent.

I think I may have misinterpreted (again) your probing sequence.
Rather than having the spinbutton for ohmic attempts should it just be a checkbox to allow floatswitch fallback labelled "Float Switch".
If "Float Switch" enabled, successful probe on first to activate, ohmic or float.
If "Float Switch" not enabled then error after ??? attempts.
Trying to get it right for those who do have ohmic and those who don't...

Cheers, Phill.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2019 01:52 by phillc54.

More
19 Apr 2019 00:14 #131202 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...
Well, its taken a while but you may have noticed I've started to adopt plasmac now I have Ohmic sensing on my table (I hope). I'll try and keep it clean of chatter so its an installation manual. But I will report on things I find here.

One thing I noticed in the INI file you have
[TRAJ]
COORDINATES             = XYYZ

It should follow the axes in the machine as follows:
[TRAJ]
COORDINATES             = XYZ

This is enough for one session. I gotta stand at the machine so there is only so much of that I can handle.

More
19 Apr 2019 00:49 #131203 by phillc54
Rod,

Thanks for that, there are probably lots more...

Cheers, Phill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
19 Apr 2019 01:17 #131204 by rodw
Phill, just getting my head around how to setup my hal files. By the look of it, I just need to make a hal file called machine.hal and put all my stuff in there. The only components plasmac loads are the few lines in plasmac.hal
#***** DEBOUNCE FOR THE FLOAT SWITCH ***********************************
loadrt  debounce                cfg=3
setp    debounce.0.delay        1
addf    debounce.0              servo-thread

#***** PLASMAC COMPONENT ***********************************************
loadrt  plasmac
addf    plasmac     servo-thread

Is that right? If so you've really made this easy. I was a bit worried about overlapping loadrt commands

More
19 Apr 2019 01:23 #131205 by rodw
And also, I need to decode the torch voltage from THCAD?

More
19 Apr 2019 01:26 #131206 by phillc54
In the Config tab/page use Voltage Scale and Voltage Offset

Cheers, Phill.

More
19 Apr 2019 01:56 #131207 by phillc54

rodw wrote:
Phill, just getting my head around how to setup my hal files. By the look of it, I just need to make a hal file called machine.hal and put all my stuff in there. The only components plasmac loads are the few lines in plasmac.hal

Sorry Rod, I missed that post. Yes make a machine hal for your machine specific stuff and edit plasmac.hal for any connections required for the plasmac config or do as John does and put the connections in your machine hal file and leave plasmac.hal as is.

Cheers, Phill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
19 Apr 2019 03:32 #131208 by rodw
I'm a bit confused about modes and voltages
From what I can see, I should be using mode 1 becasue I have a voltage from THCAD-10 and an arcok
# 1 = use arc-ok-in for arcOK and arc-voltage-in for THC (no need to connect move-up-in and move-down-in)

But then you talk about voltage offsets.
pin in  float   arc_voltage_in              "arc voltage input [mode 0 & mode 1]";
pin in  float   arc_voltage_offset          "offset to set arc voltage to 0 at 0 volts";
pin in  float   arc_voltage_scale           "scale to convert arc_voltage input to actual volts";

So with a 30:1 voltage divider on a 10 volt scale, my full scale voltage reading is 300 volts
With the THCAD set on 32:1 divisor, I have frequencies of:
Full scale 28778.175
0 volts 3659.375

With my scalethcad component, I just input the raw data and it outputs a voltage so I don't understand how you expect these values to be entered as the THCAD talks in frequencies not volts. I kinda think I could just input my calculated arc voltage and set arc_voltage_scale = 1 and arc_voltage_offset = 0

How would you set it up?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds