Another plasma component...

More
01 May 2019 02:41 #132404 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...

Guys,
What is a typical LinuxCNC tool table for plasma?

Cheers, Phill.

Phill, this is quite incomplete. This is for my Thermal Dynamics A120 which has large overlaps between material thicknesses at different amperages

File Attachment:

File Name: metric_pla....mat.txt
File Size:2 KB

You can also find sheetcam tool tables for the Hypertherm 45 to 105 here

You should be able to import these into the free Sheetcam demo
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2019 03:35 #132407 by islander261
Phill

Thank you for all your work on this, I am sorry if my requests cause confusion, I really wasn't being careful about reading the exact text when you posed your query.

So your case 1 is the same as the HT document, skip distance is measured from the end of the last cut when the THC is enabled.

I wasn't reading carefully about case 4, what needs to happen here is the skip needs to be referenced from the last successful probe location so you don't chain the distance across the plate without re referencing at about every IHS skip distance.

Again sorry my rambling wasn't clear. If case 1 is enabled by a plasmac.skip-ihs-type == 1 then I (we) can save a bit when controlling from Gcode because THC-enable == plasmac.skip-ihs-type ==1 is true anytime the ihs-skip-distance > 0 AND THC-enable is true. Like wise when THC-enable == plasmac.skip-ihs-type == 0 we are cutting open lines at a fixed height and want to reference the last successful probe. I can always add a NOT component in my hal logic to fix this if it is a problem.

I know this maybe confusing because plasmac doesn't support external THC-enable right now. I have an OR2 function between the the GUI (plasmac_run.py) and the plasmac component who's other input is the THC-enable from Gcode. So if I set THC Enabled FALSE on the GUI then the Gcode is in control and if I set the THC Enabled TRUE in the GUI then it is always true.

Thank you for your patience.

John

More
01 May 2019 04:12 - 01 May 2019 04:13 #132409 by rodw

I know this maybe confusing because plasmac doesn't support external THC-enable right now. I have an OR2 function between the the GUI (plasmac_run.py) and the plasmac component who's other input is the THC-enable from Gcode. So if I set THC Enabled FALSE on the GUI then the Gcode is in control and if I set the THC Enabled TRUE in the GUI then it is always true.

Thank you for your patience.

John

I agree. I think I mentioned this in a previous post. One of the motion.digitaloutput-nn pins(pin 0) needs to be reserved so there is a method to enable/disable THC from gcode and it should be connected to a THCenable pin on plasmac.

Phill, Sheetcam supports code snippets you can insert at various places to control THC. It is required based on my experience. If you go back to the Hypertherm docs you will note there are a number of Mcodes mentioned to alter behaviour such as this.
Last edit: 01 May 2019 04:13 by rodw.

More
01 May 2019 04:18 #132410 by rodw
Now I remember, I think you only need to turn axis.Z.eoffset-enable on and off as offsets are held if you disable this according to the docs.
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/motion/exte...-offsets.html#_notes

More
01 May 2019 10:24 - 01 May 2019 10:38 #132419 by phillc54
John,
If I reverse the two skip types will that suit what you want to do?

Have you tried the plasmac.comp I posted earlier yet?

Cheers, Phill.
Last edit: 01 May 2019 10:38 by phillc54.

More
01 May 2019 10:34 #132420 by phillc54
Rod,
Thanks for the files but:
1. Sorry, I meant the actual internal linuxcnc tool table rather than anything plasmac centric, I am guessing that all it is is a couple/few different nozzles with different diameters to allow for kerf width and comments to suit.
2. That exe file doesn't play well with my iMac, I don't have any Windows machines, I have an allergy to them. :)

Cheers, Phill.

More
01 May 2019 10:37 #132421 by phillc54

I know this maybe confusing because plasmac doesn't support external THC-enable right now.

I agree. I think I mentioned this in a previous post. One of the motion.digitaloutput-nn pins(pin 0) needs to be reserved so there is a method to enable/disable THC from gcode and it should be connected to a THCenable pin on plasmac.

I haven't forgotten about this, just a bit busy at the moment but I will get around to it.

Cheers, Phill.

More
01 May 2019 11:02 #132423 by rodw

Rod,
Thanks for the files but:
1. Sorry, I meant the actual internal linuxcnc tool table rather than anything plasmac centric, I am guessing that all it is is a couple/few different nozzles with different diameters to allow for kerf width and comments to suit.
2. That exe file doesn't play well with my iMac, I don't have any Windows machines, I have an allergy to them. :)

Cheers, Phill.

Phill, I don't think anybody uses the tool table for plasma. The only relevant setting is tool diameter and tool ID.

The file I linked to was a zip file but now I see there was an EXE inside. Let me get off my Chromebook and see what I can find if I go up to my most loathed Windows machine. There are only two programs that keep me locked to Windows. One is my CAD package and the other is Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. Almost everything I do is in a browser so the Chromebook is perfect but does not support Zebra Label printers and their ZPL printer description language.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
01 May 2019 11:14 #132424 by rodw
Phill, Here is some Hypertherm book settings plus my Thermal Dynamics tool set (mild steel only). Sheetcam toolsets are just text files so you should find your way around OK even on a Mac!

Anyway, I had to be at home to get these for you as they were on my HDD and not in Google Drive!

File Attachment:

File Name: A120Therma...mics.zip
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Hypertherm.zip
File Size:17 KB
Attachments:

More
01 May 2019 11:32 #132427 by rodw
Phill, here is the printable cut charts for my TD tool set from the manual. . You could just pull down the manual for any of the larger Hypertherms (eg 45XP) and see similar charts.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds