Another plasma component...

More
02 May 2019 12:31 #132527 by BigJohnT

I was looking at that limit too. I do remember Andy or someone saying it had been increased. There is a note on the lathe page that there is a 99999 limit but I think pockets are involved. I think though most users will only have one machine so a smaller subset (but 56 won't go far). I was looking at my SQL stuff and wanted to try and add an auto incrementing tool ID to the cut chart select statement but not having much luck with SQLITE syntax. If I could do that, it would be much easier as the select statement could limit the data set (to 56)

It would be good if JohnT could share his sql and interface. I kinda think there needs to be a separate toolchanger module that shares the plasmac data.

I've just started on my plasma gui the other day so not much for show and tell yet. There is a limit of 56 tools in the tool table but the numbers can be anything from 1 - 99999,

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2019 12:38 #132528 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...

The maximum number of entries in the tool table is 56. The maximum tool and pocket number is 99999.

JT

Have to think about that.

What if we chose a data entity that had fewer values for a tool? It really is only the kerf width we need., 56 might work then. A quick loop in the setup .ngc file would establish the tool table with ID's and diameters/kerf widths depending on device units. So Plasmac looks up the ToolID that applies to the kerf width stored in the materials file.

Maybe the post processor passes plasmac the materials file ID via M67/M68. Plasmac retrieves the tool ID unique to that kerf width. Then after a dwell while plasmac completes the lookup, the Gcode does an M66 E0 L0 to retrieve the tool ID and saves it to variable #5399. Subsequently the gcode does a T #5399 M6.

Crazy, but my twisted brain says that might work!

More
02 May 2019 13:28 #132534 by rodw
Hmm, why don't we just increase the number of tools to 257 like this and just do it all in the .mat file?
www.wiki.eusurplus.com/index.php?title=U...257_instead_of_56.29?

More
02 May 2019 13:46 #132536 by islander261
Phill

The HT term used is "nozzle".

Screen shot of SheetCam Tool Table;

I certainly don't use the data from every field because some of it is CandCNC hardware specific. but it will give you an idea of an extended plasma tool table.

Attached is text file for this.

John
Attachments:

More
02 May 2019 14:08 #132537 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Another plasma component...

Hmm, why don't we just increase the number of tools to 257 like this and just do it all in the .mat file?

Why is this not done by default? 257 tools.

More
02 May 2019 14:23 #132539 by rodw

It is .... by Path Pilot.....

I checked the sources and it has not changed.,

More
02 May 2019 14:30 #132540 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Another plasma component...

It is .... by Path Pilot.....

I checked the sources and it has not changed.,

Who do I have to send money to to get this done in the next release? lol

Think it would be possible to have this as a config option in the ini?

More
02 May 2019 15:29 #132542 by Dee436
Replied by Dee436 on topic Another plasma component...
Well, after a full rebuild using Stretch, and a fresh clone of Plasmac, plus the ini file changes that were pointed out, I now have a machine that will jog, home, react to soft limits and limit switches.

I wanted to check probing, but when I go into the plasma config tab or the plasma run tab I am unable to enter any setting, the spin buttons do not work and any numbers that I can type in manually just revert to 0 or blank when I move to the next box or try to save.
I also notice that the squares gcode file does not load at start up. I also still have to comment out the IHS skip or I get an error, see attached screenshot.
I feel as though I have a path wrong or some files missing. I have tried a new clone and copy of the files to my Plasmac directory but it was still the same. I also used to have a test window pop up that I no longer see.
Attachments:

More
02 May 2019 18:46 - 02 May 2019 19:01 #132556 by BigJohnT

Rod, that's a good find... wonder why it's not done in master?

Someone needs to do a PR on that, I can't quite figure out how to start one, I know how to merge one lol.

JT
Last edit: 02 May 2019 19:01 by BigJohnT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
02 May 2019 21:26 #132566 by rodw

Someone needs to do a PR on that, I can't quite figure out how to start one, I know how to merge one lol.

JT

I was kinda hoping if Phill implemented it in his repository, it would find its way into master branch eventually!

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 2.288 seconds