Another plasma component...

More
03 May 2019 03:55 #132595 by islander261
Phill

I changed plasmac.skip-ihs-type to a bit type and did a dry run using the 30/04/19 posting and it looked like it worked correctly.

Yes, you are correct, for my install plasmac.skip-ihs-type == THC enable == 1 == skip from end of cut will let me get rid of an extra NOT component. Please just keep me posted about changes so I can fix my .hal files.

I will be busy with meetings and some more design work in the morning and early afternoon tomorrow so I may not get to live cutting until Sunday. Lawn and packing up work in afternoon and off island market all day on Saturday.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2019 04:50 - 03 May 2019 04:53 #132598 by phillc54
Tool Handling, episode next

Don't use an internal LinuxCNC tool table at all.
Use the materials file with an unlimited number of 'tools'
When the tool is loaded set a global named parameter (say #<_kerf_width>)
Use G41.1 and G42.1 for cutter compensation (G41.1 D#<_kerf_width>)

Would that work for anyone...

If this is the way to go then it would be better necessary to change the format of the materials file from:
[Mild Steel 12mm]
PIERCE_DELAY       = 0.6
PIERCE_HEIGHT      = 3.8
PUDDLE_JUMP_HEIGHT = 0
PUDDLE_JUMP_DELAY  = 0
CUT_HEIGHT         = 1.5
CUT_SPEED          = 540
CUT_AMPS           = 45
CUT_VOLTS          = 140
to:
[TOOL_NUMBER_112]
NAME               = Mild Steel 12mm
KERF_WIDTH         = 1.2 
THC                = 1
PIERCE_DELAY       = 0.6
PIERCE_HEIGHT      = 3.8
PUDDLE_JUMP_HEIGHT = 0
PUDDLE_JUMP_DELAY  = 0
CUT_HEIGHT         = 1.5
CUT_SPEED          = 540
CUT_AMPS           = 45
CUT_VOLTS          = 140
This would mean when selecting something manually you would need to do it by tool number.
It may even be better to ditch the material name and call it plasmac_tool.tbl or similar.
I have include THC enable/disable as it is not much more work to integrate that into the other changes.

I do have a working proof of concept with 112 tools so far but there is quite a bit more work to do to get it to a finished state.

Cheers, Phill.
Last edit: 03 May 2019 04:53 by phillc54.

More
03 May 2019 05:35 #132600 by phillc54
I have pushed an update to modify IHS skip

Affects:
plasmac.comp - you will need to run make
all ini files - IHS skip type are invertered
# sets the type of IHS skip, if not specified the default is 0
# 0 = if start of cut within skip-ihs-distance of last successful probe
# 1 = if start of cut within skip-ihs-distance of end of last cut and THC is enabled
SKIP_IHS_TYPE           = 0

Cheers, Phill.

More
03 May 2019 12:34 #132623 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...
Tool table revisited:

I don't know why we did not think of this before. What if there was only one entry in the tooltable (T1) and it was updated whenever a drop down selection was made in Plasmac.

If you wanted to set your own tool in gcode, then you could use T2 and above.

Would that work?

More
03 May 2019 15:19 #132641 by Dee436
Replied by Dee436 on topic Another plasma component...
I am really struggling here. I have spent a full day going over my files, I have compared my .ini with the sim .ini. In kdiff3. I have re-cloned and started fresh a number of times.

My gmoccappy sim runs fine, all the details in plasma config tab, and plasma run tab are populated, in my live environment all the boxes are blank and will not save any input, the spin buttons are also not doing anything. The only difference between the sim and live environment are the machine.hal and darrens_plasma.ini. I can see the settings populated in the plasmac config file, its just as though it not being read in.
The terminal output shows errors relating to files missing that I can see are there, missing python components that are installed etc, the same errors are evident when running the sim or live environments.
I also see errors relating to pins already being assigned, having done searches on plasmac and machine hal files I cannot see any duplicates.

I also have no gcode program loaded at startup, looking in the ini I believe it should load the squares program.

I am sure I must be missing something very basic here as the pc is a fresh build, and the plasmac is the latest release. I have uploaded my current files in the hope someone can see where I am going wrong.

Darren

File Attachment:

File Name: darrens_pl...5-03.ini
File Size:10 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: machine_20...5-03.hal
File Size:10 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: terminalou...5-03.txt
File Size:7 KB
Attachments:

More
03 May 2019 21:15 #132667 by rodw
Dee, can you post up your plasmac.hal file. YOu are doubling up on these signals SO I am guessing that they are duplicated
<commandline>:0: Pin 'plasmac.arc-voltage-in' was already linked to signal 'scaled_arcvolts'
<commandline>:0: Pin 'debounce.0.0.in' was already linked to signal 'plasmac:float-switch'

More
03 May 2019 21:33 - 03 May 2019 21:34 #132669 by rodw

Tool Handling, episode next

Don't use an internal LinuxCNC tool table at all.
Use the materials file with an unlimited number of 'tools'
When the tool is loaded set a global named parameter (say #<_kerf_width>)
Use G41.1 and G42.1 for cutter compensation (G41.1 D#<_kerf_width>)

Would that work for anyone...

If this is the way to go then it would be better necessary to change the format of the materials file from:
to:
[TOOL_NUMBER_112]
NAME               = Mild Steel 12mm
KERF_WIDTH         = 1.2 
THC                = 1
PIERCE_DELAY       = 0.6
PIERCE_HEIGHT      = 3.8
PUDDLE_JUMP_HEIGHT = 0
PUDDLE_JUMP_DELAY  = 0
CUT_HEIGHT         = 1.5
CUT_SPEED          = 540
CUT_AMPS           = 45
CUT_VOLTS          = 140
This would mean when selecting something manually you would need to do it by tool number.
It may even be better to ditch the material name and call it plasmac_tool.tbl or similar.
I have include THC enable/disable as it is not much more work to integrate that into the other changes.

I do have a working proof of concept with 112 tools so far but there is quite a bit more work to do to get it to a finished state.

Cheers, Phill.

Sorry I missed this. But its kinda like I suggested after your post. This keeps plasmac the master of everything. One final request.

Say I had a tool in Sheetcam for 12mm mild steel. I really only need to store one number in the sheetcam toolset which is the plasmac tool number. So if I could do a M67/M68 to set one of the analog pins to the tool number (eg 112 in the example), could plasmac then see this and retrieve the appropriate cut chart? eg on
M67 E0 Q112
G4 P0.1
get
TOOL_NUMBER_112
That would be pretty awesome!

Also great to hear there is a THC disable pin coming.
Last edit: 03 May 2019 21:34 by rodw.

More
03 May 2019 22:07 #132670 by Dee436
Hi Rod

I won’t be in the workshop until tomorrow to get the file, but I am using the standard plasmac hal file from the clone with the only change being a joint 3 entry that I change to joint 2 as I have an xyz rather than xyyz machine.

Darren

More
03 May 2019 22:11 #132671 by rodw
Dee, Have a good look in both your hal and plasmac.hal for those two pins as there is a duplicate to resolve and you'll be all good!

More
03 May 2019 23:03 #132672 by Dee436
Hi Rod

Midnight here but I have driven down to the workshop as I need to get this working.

Please see attached plasmac.hal.

Darren

File Attachment:

File Name: plasmac_20...5-03.hal
File Size:5 KB
Attachments:

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds