Another plasma component...
phillc54 wrote: I am happy to try to write converters to allow creating a plasmac material file from other tool files as I have done for SheetCam which are the only ones I have seen and which I doubt I will use myself.
I think when we are done, I'll be asking you to write one the other way. Export a plasmac materials file to a sheetcam tool table!
Most of the code changes are in these:
configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/plasmac_run.glade configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/plasmac_run.hal configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/plasmac_run.py configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/plasmac_config.py
There is one new file which is the M code for the material change:
The inifiles have all references to remap removed,
All ngc files have the new feed rate code
nc_files/plasmac/imperial_circles.ngc nc_files/plasmac/imperial_ihs_skip_0.ngc nc_files/plasmac/imperial_ihs_skip_1.ngc nc_files/plasmac/imperial_line.ngc nc_files/plasmac/imperial_squares.ngc nc_files/plasmac/imperial_wrench.ngc nc_files/plasmac/metric_circles.ngc nc_files/plasmac/metric_ihs_skip_0.ngc nc_files/plasmac/metric_ihs_skip_1.ngc nc_files/plasmac/metric_line.ngc nc_files/plasmac/metric_squares.ngc nc_files/plasmac/metric_wrench.ngc
The material_change_ngc files have material handling and cutter offset code
The README.md file has been modified, I would appreciate feedback on this, good or bad...
The tool verter has been renamed to materialverter in keeping with the other changes:
All remap files have been deleted:
configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/plasmac_feed.ngc configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/plasmac_tool.ngc configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/python configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/python/remap.py configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/python/toplevel.py
I have also removed the following so in future they won't overwrite your local files:
configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/IMPERIAL_PLASMAC.pref configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/imperial_plasmac_config.cfg configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/imperial_plasmac_run.cfg configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/imperial_plasmac_tool.tbl configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/METRIC_PLASMAC.pref configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/metric_plasmac_config.cfg configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/metric_plasmac_run.cfg configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/metric_plasmac_tool.tbl configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/plasmac.halshow
I hope I have finally got it right, it has been a challenge...
This doesn't yet have:
Set IHS skip type to match THC mode.
HAL pin for THC disable.
THC start delay.
These are in the pipeline, I need a beer break now.
Thc start delay can be done in hal without modifying your component. Just use a delay on the spindle on. Thats how most of us have done it.
But it does need to be a setting in the materials file that is edited on screen.
I'll follow your lead now and go home via the beer fridge!
My machine is working nicely right now. Because I am now working an outside job at the busiest time of year for my own production work I will not be updating to the newer versions until I have more time in about 2 months. Sorry but the old " If it isn't broken don't fix it" is driving the show for me right now.
I am glad it is working for you and I really appreciate the time you have spent testing this config. I also hope I haven't cost you too much in consumables...
Thank you, the Plasmac branch has resulted in improved consumable life for me!
I am actually quite surprised by how well the Plasmac branch works without the THC servo delay, the THC just locks onto the set point and holds. Of course it goes without saying that I haven't even tried to use the Auto Volts function yet. I get such good electrode life that I don't need to try and compensate for wear right now, 3,000 plus pierces on average and many much more.
rodw wrote: jtknives, it sounds like you have spindle.0.on connected to the other relay somehow. It should be connected to plasmac.spindle-on in hal.
Just recapping, spindle.0.on goes high on a M3 and I guess plasmac internally connects it to your torch on relay but the pulse button just triggers the torch on relay bypassing spindle.0.on
Where would I find this at. I looked through machine.hal and searched for spindle and it all looks correct. I also updated and it’s still triggering the wrong relay.
phillc54 wrote: Particularly if you work with the arcane docs editor used in the linuxcnc environment. I hope Andy pops in and points you in the right direction on that one!
The manpages are written on groff / trof or something like that, but I don't think that is the way to document this.
(And if you write a .comp then the compiler converts for you automatically)
The "real" docs are written in Asciidoc, and that's much friendlier. You can even edit and preview directly in Github,
Here is some documentation from the LinuxCNC source viewed "raw"
As you can see, it is entirely legible even as markup source.
It gets pre-rendered by Github in the default view: