Another plasma component...

More
10 May 2019 14:21 #133360 by islander261
Rod

I think your probe speed is way too high. I probe at 5ipm or 127mmpm and get very accurate results.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 20:05 #133403 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...

Rod

I think your probe speed is way too high. I probe at 5ipm or 127mmpm and get very accurate results.

John

John, thanks, I just blindly used the defaults so I'll try again.

Re the button colour, I want back and checked what Phill had said on the last two updates in case I missed any required ini file updates.
forum.linuxcnc.org/plasma-laser/35449-an...ent?start=700#133228

The only thing i could see was the need to remove the remaps (which I will say crash Linuxcnc if you forget to remove them)

More
10 May 2019 23:04 #133417 by phillc54

Rod
John

John, thanks, I just blindly used the defaults so I'll try again.

Re the button colour, I want back and checked what Phill had said on the last two updates in case I missed any required ini file updates.

John,
would it be possible for you post a list of sane defaults I could use?

Rod,
I cannot see the problem on my development machine, I will update my test machine later today and see what happens there.

Cheers, Phill.

More
10 May 2019 23:53 #133420 by rodw
Strange, I started with a brand new copy of the plasmac sim folder and just copied my hal and ini values into it. The only other change I made was delete the remapping in the ini file.. I'll check the sim when I'm near the machine again.

More
11 May 2019 04:22 #133423 by phillc54
I just pushed an update.

Fixes button code if gcode math required.

Affected files:
configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/metric_plasmac.ini
configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/imperial_plasmac.in
configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/plasmac_buttons.py
The only changes in the ini files is the comment and code for buttons.

Rod,
I cannot find any problems with the button colors.

Cheers, Phill.

More
11 May 2019 05:33 - 11 May 2019 05:43 #133424 by AgentWD40
I've recently got the plasmac installed on my computer and have been exploring the interface. As a new comer to cnc plasma tables all together I've come up with a list of no less than 30 questions about how to use this gui. Literally, I've got them numbered here in gedit. I realize a few of my questions may not be specific to just this gui but to plasma tables in general. I hesitate to just post the list of questions at risk of annoying you guys. They're not particularly hard questions but just more about the who/what/when/where and why of many of the less obvious buttons and settings in the gui. But I do feel like they are fair questions that newbies in the future would appreciate having answered in one spot.

Before I do ask them does anyone here have any plans to make thorough documentation for how to use this interface, or maybe write a walk through, or a make youtube video, quick start guide, etc.?

Rod has a great write up on how to install it, but who's got the write up on how to use it?

[edit]
Sorry, I do realize plasmac isn't just a gui
Last edit: 11 May 2019 05:43 by AgentWD40.

More
11 May 2019 05:56 - 11 May 2019 05:57 #133426 by phillc54
AgentWD40,

You could post the text file as an attachment.

Eventually, all things going well I will do a basic operating instruction, unless of course if someone else would like to...

The only documentation at the moment is the readme , the notes in the ini files and the description in plasmac.comp which you can read by typing
man plasmac
in a terminal window (you need to have already run rip-environment if you have a run in place install).

Cheers, Phill
Last edit: 11 May 2019 05:57 by phillc54.

More
11 May 2019 06:19 #133429 by rodw
Very strange Phill. I really missed the coloured buttons! See what happens on the update. I will add an extra hal file this time and unlinkp all of the pins plasmac and I fight over and move them to another hal file. I've just been lazy.

AgentWD40, plasmac is much more than a GUI. It includes a complete realtime component called plasmac.comp that does all of the THC stuff and also has merged the reverse run branch into it. Reverse run has been languishing on the side lines for so long the master branch has changed so much it was a big job to include it. But Phill managed to sort it out and is keeping plasmac current with changes to master branch weekly.That is why linuxcnc needs to be compiled from scratch. The reverse run code allows stepping through the gcode on a pause to resume from a flame out.

It has not really been possible to write an operations manual for plasmac yet as the way it works has been a constant state of change so hopefully, it will be stable very shortly so we can think about how to document that. (preferably as part of master branch official docs).

Les Newell from Sheetcam has agreed to write a sheetcam post-processor for it once we know exactly what we want. So when you see that happen you will know its ready for prime time...

More
11 May 2019 07:18 - 11 May 2019 07:19 #133433 by phillc54
I have pushed another update.

Specifying a time after probe-test in the ini file will hold the probe test on for that time, allows for better hands free probe testing.
Affected files:
configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/metric_plasmac.ini
configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/imperial_plasmac.ini
configs/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac/plasmac_buttons.py
The only changes in the ini files are additional comments for probe-test.

Cheers, Phill.
Last edit: 11 May 2019 07:19 by phillc54.

More
13 May 2019 02:27 #133612 by rodw
[quote="phillc54" post=133423
Rod,
I cannot find any problems with the button colors.

Cheers, Phill.[/quote]

This is quite strange. I just updated again. I dug through the glade file and python handler and there is no reason why its not working. My machine has forgotten how to change the background. The handler is definitely is being called as the text changes. I'll ask in another forum section.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds