Another plasma component...

More
29 May 2019 18:52 #135314 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...

@Rod,

For your previous post 29 of may post nr. 135227.
My advise for you is to use the code snipped ( on circles and small shapes ) to lower your speed
to 50-70%. Sheetcam lines will turn from green to blue where the code snipped is active.
This will result in more accurate holes and small shapes. At the moment you go to fast i see at the picture.

The post after this 29 May 2019 08:39, i marked up your plate allignment of plasma cutting is wrong in relation to the working table.
Always try to cut the long pieces the other way. Try alway's to cut the long pieces over the metal strips 90 degrees.
See this as your nesting protocol !
And in the end. Why don't you have a water table? This will end in a much more accurate product.
I made my second plasma rotary water cut option this week for a Belgium customer. Will give the forum picture coming day's.

Thanks for the advice. It makes sense. I stopped playing with Sheetcam rules when I started with plasmac becasue I wanted to use it in its standard form and it does not have a way to disable the THC from Gcode but I think now I can depend on its corner lock to do that. I still have much to do to to finish off my machine and I know I can't put it off any longer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2019 20:00 #135320 by JTknives
Has anyone else had the float sensor problem where you can’t restart. We have been cutting steel the last 3 days and I think I have narrowed it down to when it happens. If the float trips during cutting (I have a VERY sensitive float switch under .005”) I can restart. Or if I pause during cutting I can restart. Where the problem crops up is right at the end of a cut. If the sheet pops up right as it finishes and bumps the shield it trips out and I can’t restart it. We cut recycled bandsaw blades up into smaller sheets for resale so the blades do move a bit during cutting. I had one today bow up almost at a 45° and the THC fallowed it perfectly.

So is there any solution to the float switch issue or should I just disconnect it. I do like the float switch becaus it dont have a break away torch and any bump will stop the machine.

More
29 May 2019 20:33 #135323 by billykid
you could use the relay of the torch on command to disable the float switch .. practically make sure that with the torch turned on it doesn't work anymore.

Cheers
mauro

More
29 May 2019 23:36 #135330 by phillc54

Where the problem crops up is right at the end of a cut. If the sheet pops up right as it finishes and bumps the shield it trips out and I can’t restart it.

Is this happening after the torch is turned off or before?

Is anyone else seeing the issue where the Torch Enable button has no colors?

John and Rod, could you post your ini file and pref file for the configs with the color issues.

Cheers, Phill.

More
29 May 2019 23:45 #135331 by sevaz
Replied by sevaz on topic Another plasma component...
I saw the missing color button issue. But in my case, it depends on gtk theme: so with some themes(usually xfce default one) everything works fine, but another i see no color at all.
I tested it on debian 7 and mint 19
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
30 May 2019 00:06 - 30 May 2019 00:19 #135332 by islander261
Phill

Please find attached requested files. I tried to set the theme to follow system with no change.

John
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 May 2019 00:19 by islander261.

More
30 May 2019 00:25 - 30 May 2019 00:32 #135333 by phillc54
John,

If you get a spare minute could you try this:
comment out line 203 in plasmac_buttons.py which is "self.set_theme()" and see if that has any effect.

Cheers, Phill.

Edit:
Does the button have no color at all or is it stuck on one color?
Last edit: 30 May 2019 00:32 by phillc54.

More
30 May 2019 00:40 #135334 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...

John,

If you get a spare minute could you try this:
comment out line 203 in plasmac_buttons.py which is "self.set_theme()" and see if that has any effect.

Cheers, Phill.

Edit:
Does the button have no color at all or is it stuck on one color?

No change Phil. The buttons have the default background colour in all states

More
30 May 2019 00:42 #135335 by phillc54
Thanks Rod,

Are you running from a terminal? If so do you get any messages in the terminal when you click the button?

Cheers, Phill

More
30 May 2019 00:58 - 30 May 2019 01:09 #135336 by phillc54
Rod and John,

What is your default system theme?

Cheers, Phill.

Edit:
I did manage to see this anomaly.
It happens here because Gmoccapy lets me select a theme that is not installed on my system.
Plus in my system appearances I can also select a theme (Adwaita) that is not installed...
Last edit: 30 May 2019 01:09 by phillc54.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.718 seconds