Another plasma component...

More
28 May 2019 04:50 #135120 by phillc54

If you specify a feed rate in gcode say F2000 then if that is less than 99.9% of the displayed materials cut feed rate then cornerlock will stay locked because the machine will not reach the displayed materials cut feed rate.

Phil, a clear case where the state tags branch would benefit Linuxcnc immensely as plasmac would always know the current feed rate as its passed to motion where we can see it. If only it was merged into master...

I kinda like it as it is...
select your material
F#<_hal[plasmac.cut-feed-rate]>
cut cut cut
if you want to cut a hole without THC then F{less than material cut feed rate}
cut

It's what I call a feature :)
Cheers, Phill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2019 08:43 #135138 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...
It seems developers are the same the world over. Its even worse when they are unpaid. Just take the easy way out call the bug a feature! :)

More
28 May 2019 15:06 #135172 by islander261
Phill

Thanks for all the hard work.

I got the material file working, my fumble fingering confused the parser but it didn't post an error message. The kerf width does load from the material file but the spin box to change it is still broken. Only shows 3 values, 0, the value from the file and .25.

The torch enable button color isn't changing. The handler is working because the text is changing with button presses. Is this an OS or Gmoccapy problem? All the LEDs are changing color correctly.

Now questions on operation. If I set the material from Gcode will the THC enable follow the THC enable check box value in it if the THC auto check box is selected?
Will the IHS skip mode automatically follow the THC enable setting or do I still need to set it from code with some .hal code?
Will the material displayed on the GUI change to reflect what is loaded from Gcode?

I have my pendant now working without hacking the plasmac.hal file by using the postgui.hal file

John

More
28 May 2019 19:00 #135188 by islander261
Phill

Strange things with torch enable button color. I was having some network trouble while trying different themes in Gmoccapy and suddenly the button started changing colors to match it's state. I shut down linuxCNC and went into the house and when I came back out started LinuxCNC again and no color on the button. I tried changing themes again but nothing made the button color change this time. About ready try live cutting, did dry runs on two different files and both looked to work ok.

John

More
28 May 2019 21:37 #135201 by rodw

Phill

Strange things with torch enable button color. I was having some network trouble while trying different themes in Gmoccapy and suddenly the button started changing colors to match it's state. I shut down linuxCNC and went into the house and when I came back out started LinuxCNC again and no color on the button. I tried changing themes again but nothing made the button color change this time. About ready try live cutting, did dry runs on two different files and both looked to work ok.

John

I'm also afflilcted with the colour bug on the torch enable. Phill had a look and did to but neither of us could see a reason in the screen handing that this should ocurr. I suspect its outside of plasmac.

More
28 May 2019 22:41 #135213 by islander261
Guys

The whole color themes and interactions are far above my pay grade and understanding. It is strange that with the version installed the first week of May or last week of April everything worked fine for me. Can this be related to the recent re merging with the master branch in some way? Sorry I don't even know the correct questions to ask here. This is not the first time I have seen color/theme actions that I don't understand happen with LinuxCNC and Gmoccapy in particular. I did find it strange that the update acted more like a fresh clone compiling and linking nearly every file in the branch including the base LCNC stuff.

I cut out a sheet of parts today using my fresh Plasmac install, Tuesday morning my time. Changed materials from Gcode successfully and read feed rate from the materials list. Near as I can tell the IHS skip worked correctly. I am going out now to cut another sheet of parts out if my network problems allow me to transfer the Gcode file. I hate using the sneaker net and thumb drive.

John

More
28 May 2019 22:50 #135216 by rodw
I have seen the full compile. I think it might happen when Phill rebases Plasmac against master branch and something has changed in master.

More
28 May 2019 23:26 #135220 by phillc54
This color thingy has me confused.
I have never been able to recreate it.
My development machine is Stretch from the LinuxCNC web site.
My test rig is Wheezy from the LinuxCNC web site.

Cheers, Phill.

More
29 May 2019 00:33 #135225 by islander261
Rod

No doubt the full recompile is what was supposed to happen. I was just surprised and looking for a reason the button behavior changed on my system.

Phill

I think this button thing is a task for someone with deep GTK/OS skills to look into. My work machine is running a custom RT patched version of Debian Jessy under LMDE-2. The button color worked up until I did the update yesterday morning. With over 100 files changed I certainly don't know where to look. I am thinking that this is type of reason we should all be looking to moving beyond Python 2.7 and GTK to something that will be supported long term.

Another successful sheet of parts cut out with 100% yield. I only used two different materials but both worked correctly. Two minor things to think about from my point of view. The THC active LED appeared to work as designed(?),from my view point what I usually want to know is if the THC is enabled, I know if the SW is working correctly why bother, I have had many times it wasn't (not Plasmac). The Z up and Z down indicators are more accurately described as THC up and THC down because they don't indicate what the Z is doing when not controlled by the THC.

John

More
29 May 2019 00:43 #135226 by islander261
Guys

Quick test on my office machine, just sim, no RT hardware or OS.

jd@deskmonsterll:~$ uname -a
Linux deskmonsterll 4.9.0-9-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.168-1+deb9u2 (2019-05-13) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Torch enable button color doesn't change with button state.

John

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds