Another plasma component...

More
30 May 2019 01:14 #135338 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...
Hmm, so both John and I both use Linux Mint.
I have no idea how to change the theme...
Cool you found the cause.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2019 01:31 - 30 May 2019 01:32 #135339 by islander261
Guys

I have tried changing both the Gmoccapy theme and the system theme with no effect. Remember it worked fine on my system until I updated on Monday.

John
Last edit: 30 May 2019 01:32 by islander261.

More
30 May 2019 02:03 #135342 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...

Guys

I have tried changing both the Gmoccapy theme and the system theme with no effect. Remember it worked fine on my system until I updated on Monday.

John

Ditto here too.

More
30 May 2019 04:13 #135349 by phillc54
This color button is frustrating...
Could you guys let me know the results of
lsb_release -a
on your machines.

Cheers, Phill.

More
30 May 2019 04:23 #135351 by AgentWD40
I found a small bug with the configurator. Lines 519 and 523: these conditionals need to check from the beginning of the line eg ^MAX_VELOCITY instead of *MAX_VELOCITY. Otherwise it will fail when it encounters a line with these strings in a comment. Pncconf generated ini files will have these strings in the comments.

*Note the autogenerated pncconf comments:
# The values below should be 25% larger than MAX_VELOCITY and MAX_ACCELERATION
# If using BACKLASH compensation STEPGEN_MAXACCEL should be 100% larger.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
30 May 2019 04:27 #135352 by islander261
Phill

I am going off island for the next 5 to 7 days and am done for night now. If I have time in the morning I will try the test. I am using the Linux Mint system theme on the LMDE-2 machine control box.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
30 May 2019 04:31 #135353 by phillc54

I found a small bug with the configurator. Lines 519 and 523: these conditionals need to check from the beginning of the line eg ^MAX_VELOCITY instead of *MAX_VELOCITY. Otherwise it will fail when it encounters a line with these strings in a comment. Pncconf generated ini files will have these strings in the comments.

Thanks for the report, fixed and pushed...

Cheers, Phill.

More
30 May 2019 04:34 #135354 by phillc54

Phill

I am going off island for the next 5 to 7 days and am done for night now. If I have time in the morning I will try the test. I am using the Linux Mint system theme on the LMDE-2 machine control box.

John

Thanks John, I have been to the mint website and there is a Cinnamon, a Mate and a XFCE edition so I am not sure which one to try...

Cheers, Phill.

More
30 May 2019 04:38 - 30 May 2019 04:45 #135356 by AgentWD40

This color button is frustrating...
Could you guys let me know the results of
lsb_release -a
on your machines.

Cheers, Phill.

My data point: I just updated to latest and the torch enabled/disabled button color works fine in gmoccapy on my debian 9.9 machine, default xfce desktop and everything from the linuxcnc stretch iso. I've also rebuilt a barebones ini/config.

Speaking of barebone config, the last hal component I need to hook up is the torch voltage. I'm running a 7i96 and a thcad10. What lines do I need to get the thc hooked up? Right now the only hal config I have in regard to this is

net plasmac:arc-voltage-in hm2_7i96.0.encoder.00.velocity => plasmac.arc-voltage-in

But it's just a placeholder to get the config to load until I figure out what it's supposed to be. All I know is i'm to wire into encoder A and somehow calibrate with the sticker on the back of the thcad card. I know the THCAD manual has a simple formula for converting the frequency to voltage with these calibration figures, but when I was looking through plasmac.comp I didn't see where I use these.
Last edit: 30 May 2019 04:45 by AgentWD40.

More
30 May 2019 05:11 #135357 by phillc54

All I know is i'm to wire into encoder A

Yes, the THCAD wires into encoder A

- run LinuxCNC
- open halshow and watch plasmac.arc-voltage-in and plasmac.arc-voltage-out
- set Voltage Scale in the Plasma Config tab to 1
- set Voltage Offset in the Plasma Config tab to the value read from plasmac.arc-voltage-in
- apply a known voltage to the TCHCAD input
- set Voltage Scale in the Plasma Config tab to (known-voltage / plasmac.arc-voltage-out)
you could probably keep tweaking to fine tune further.

Basically:
Voltage Offset sets the displayed voltage to 0 when there are zero volts present.
Voltage Scale set the voltage to the correct value for a known voltage.

Cheers, Phill.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds