Another plasma component...

More
25 May 2019 23:43 - 25 May 2019 23:44 #134942 by phillc54

So another question. Does or can LinuxCNC/plasmaC apply cutter comp. I looked through Sheetcam and did not see any options to turn it on. I would like to beable to adjust offset on the fly so I can fine tune the size of the parts.

Yes you can, this is from the readme:

To use cutter compensation you will need to use G41.1, G42.1 and G40 with the cut file parameter hal pin #<_hal[plasmac_run.kerf-width-f]> like so:
- G41.1 D#<_hal[plasmac_run.kerf-width-f> ; for left of programmed path
- G42.1 D#<_hal[plasmac_run.kerf-width-f> for right of programmed path
- G40 to turn compensation off

This uses kerf width from the selected material.

Cheers, Phill.
Last edit: 25 May 2019 23:44 by phillc54.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2019 04:11 - 26 May 2019 04:12 #134951 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...
Les from Sheetcam confirmed the other day that Sheetcam itself does not use tool offsets but generates compensated code based on the kerf thickneess you enter into your Sheetcam tool config.

A piece of 35mm or so acetal (which you my know as Delrin in your market) mkaes quite a nice torch body and its not tat expensive.
Last edit: 26 May 2019 04:12 by rodw.

More
26 May 2019 18:52 #135026 by islander261
Phill

I am cutting today and noticed a couple of potential problems. Please remember that I am running a version from the first week of the month.

1. When the float switch is activated during motion (torch dive from too long a lead out) everything stops as it should and the program enters the "Paused" condition as it should, The problem is even with the float switch cleared you cannot "Start" (come out of the "Paused" condition) again program state is stuck. Requires a full stop and run from line or code edit to recover.

2. When there is an ohmic probe active before probe height error (wet torch end) when the IHS skip is active everything stops as it should and the program enters the "Paused" state. The problem is that the IHS skip state is not deactivated when this happens and when you restart the program the torch goes to a random height and tries unsuccessfully to pierce, again the program state appears stuck and can only be fixed by stopping the machine and restarting.

While neither of these is a real show stopper for an experienced operator, they will cause newbies to pull out their hair in frustration. Rest assured if there is a corner condition I will eventually find it.

John

More
26 May 2019 23:36 #135036 by phillc54
John,
Thanks for the report,
Item 1: I haven't noticed, I will check it out later today.
Item 2: I pushed a fix for IHS skip problems on 14th May, I will test for the condition you just described later today.

Cheers, Phill.

More
27 May 2019 03:40 #135039 by islander261
Phill

Thanks for all the hard work on this. I am sorry for the duplicate report. I am running in circles right now trying to keep up with production and outside employment. It is early summer here now and the yard work is crazy. Hard rain every 5 to 7 days and night time temps 10-13 means everything is growing wild. Lawn must be mowed every 5 days. We have about 16+ hours of daylight right now.

John

More
27 May 2019 03:47 #135040 by phillc54
John,

We are the opposite here, heading into winter and hiding indoors.
I have just finished testing those issues (on a sim config) and they both seem to be fixed...

Cheers, Phill.

More
27 May 2019 07:35 #135044 by phillc54
I have pushed some updates.

Changes to plasmac.comp so you need to run make.
A change to the kerf crossing calculations for anyone who is game to try it...

Some minor changes to:
configs/by_machine/plasmac/axis/metric_plasmac.ini
configs/by_machine/plasmac/axis/imperial_plasmac.ini
configs/by_machine/plasmac/test/plasmac_test.py
nc_files/plasmac/imperial_wrench.ngc

Cheers, Phill

More
27 May 2019 09:24 #135047 by rodw

John,

We are the opposite here, heading into winter and hiding indoors.
I have just finished testing those issues (on a sim config) and they both seem to be fixed...

Cheers, Phill.

You know you live at the wrong end of Australia Phill, I'm still in short sleeve T-shirts here. Fortunately the grass is growing slower though. I mad the mistake of doing a massive back yard makeover which includes a lot of lawn and pop up sprinklers a couple of years ago so I feel for John becasue I chose a slow growing grass variety!

More
27 May 2019 09:30 #135048 by phillc54

I mad the mistake of doing a massive back yard makeover which includes a lot of lawn and pop up sprinklers a couple of years ago so I feel for John becasue I chose a slow growing grass variety!

I put artificial grass in and sold the lawnmower, happy days...

Cheers, Phill.

More
27 May 2019 09:40 #135050 by rodw
So that was after you started writing plasmac I take it?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds