Another plasma component...

More
24 May 2019 08:27 #134789 by phillc54

I'm doing it for fun now that I've stopped working :-)

That is also my motive...

Cheers, Phill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2019 08:42 #134792 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...

I'm doing it for fun now that I've stopped working :-)

That is also my motive...

Cheers, Phill.

Hope its still fun Phill :)

More
24 May 2019 10:50 #134798 by phillc54

Hope its still fun Phill :)

Yes it is, plus it has the added benefit of keeping me out of my wife's hair which she greatly appreciates. ;)

Cheers, Phill
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
24 May 2019 14:00 #134810 by JTknives
The 30XP is an amazing machine. I have had mine for 4 years and cut thousands and thousands of pounds of steel with it. Most of the stuff I cut is thin and just under 1/8”. I have cut quite a bit of thick stuff with the thickest being 3/4”. Was very slow going and I would NEVER do that on the cnc. But up to 1/2” is no problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
25 May 2019 11:22 - 25 May 2019 11:23 #134885 by billykid
since I had this panel, could I connect some function to these selectors? maybe even an encoder to set the volts and correct the height quickly.
regards
Mauro
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 May 2019 11:23 by billykid.

More
25 May 2019 20:43 #134925 by JTknives
I’m going to look at converting my hand torch into a machine torch. Turn a body for it and straighten out the air line. I’m going to do some test cutting using the fine cut shield with a standard nozzle. I will tie into the nozzle wire temparly to touch off.

More
25 May 2019 21:15 #134928 by tommylight

.... Turn a body for it and ....

No metal, please! I've already seen one such incident, did not end well !
A costumer of mine has a big workshop and some stainless gathering dust so he thought it would look much nicer than the black plastic. It did look nicer, but it arced somehow inside. Still has it and uses it, after getting some high voltage isolating tape and adding several layers of insulation with it.

More
25 May 2019 21:48 #134933 by JTknives
lol, yeah no steel. I don’t know your customer but I would halfway assume that would be common knowledge.

So another question. Does or can LinuxCNC/plasmaC apply cutter comp. I looked through Sheetcam and did not see any options to turn it on. I would like to beable to adjust offset on the fly so I can fine tune the size of the parts.

More
25 May 2019 22:30 #134939 by tommylight

lol, yeah no steel. I don’t know your customer but I would halfway assume that would be common knowledge.

So another question. Does or can LinuxCNC/plasmaC apply cutter comp. I looked through Sheetcam and did not see any options to turn it on. I would like to beable to adjust offset on the fly so I can fine tune the size of the parts.

Sheetcam has it as "kerf" under "tool" i think, it's been to long since i tested it.
Linuxcnc can apply it, granted the tool table is set up, and regardless of the one set in sheetcam. Also JT is doing some nesting magic and if i remember it correctly it also can do that.

More
25 May 2019 23:00 #134941 by JTknives
Yes Sheetcam will shift using curf but it just permanently shifts the cut path. What I want to do is use G41 and G42. This keeps the gcode path right along the part profile. Then LinuxCNC will shift the cut path off the origanial path by the diamater of the tool that you enter.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds