Recent PlasmaC Update and No Motion

More
30 Aug 2020 20:20 - 30 Aug 2020 20:45 #180105 by snowgoer540

what happens if you probe on an edge that is hanging over a slat? Does it still break away?
You can't use stall detection with a stepper motor on the Z axis which is the general use case.

In any case break away when stationary with forces only in the x axis direction is not an expected use case for a breakaway.

Well if your breakaway doesn't cater for this and this "issue" concerns you then to will need to find you own solution.
Maybe you could start another thread.

Go away for the weekend, and this place blows up! Glad things seem to be sorted out. I guess I have some of the blame since I am the reason you disabled the Z offsets what with my springy Z axis :)

EDIT: I'm not 100% sure how to replicate this error, but everything seems to be running fine on my table. I'm happy to make sure, if someone's willing to give me the steps to reproduce/let me know if there was a cut file I missed. Admittedly, I was going since Thursday night so it seems I'm pretty far behind.

I designed my breakaway with a magnet. It detects via a magnetic sensor and a hole through the driving plate that the floating plate rests on. This way, if the floating plate stops moving, and the driving plate keeps moving, the sensor wont see the magnet after about .150" or so, and it counts that as a breakaway even though it didn't break away. Keeps my wires from getting ripped :silly:

Just how I did mine, though there are roughly 1000 or so different ways to skin this cat.
Last edit: 30 Aug 2020 20:45 by snowgoer540.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2020 23:13 #180119 by tommylight

I have described this issue many times. I do not know my current version. I think if the float switch is not working and ohmic fails, it goes into an endless probing loop. It may well have been fixed.

On my machine it hits the bottom limit, pauses, goes to maximum height and displays a bottom limit reached error.

Same here, no issue there.

How can you hit the bottom limit when there is material on the table?

I had no table on both machines ! :)
A bit fuzzy on this ..........

More
31 Aug 2020 05:20 - 31 Aug 2020 05:21 #180132 by PurduePete
It was pretty easy to recreate on my machine. Basically if you boot the linux computer, run linuxcnc, and run more than one different cut program it will fail on the second pierce for every subsequent cut. The first program cuts fine. Which was/is baffling.

Phillc54, my issue has been resolved. You are the man. I appreciate the help. I should be able to get caught back up tomorrow.

Last edit: 31 Aug 2020 05:21 by PurduePete.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, snowgoer540

More
31 Aug 2020 05:21 #180133 by phillc54
Great, I am sorry it took me so long to comprehend what the problem was.

More
31 Aug 2020 05:24 #180134 by PurduePete
I do not feel that you were at fault. It seemed like every time I ran it, Tesremos and I found something new. It took a lot of trial and error to figure out exactly what was going on to explain it all. Can't even comprehend how you took that information and fixed it. An error that worked fine fore one cut and then not for any subsequent cuts is just so strange and hard to nail down.

Did run some dry runs for conversational as well by the way and those seemed fine as well as different programs. Really tried to put it through its paces.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
31 Aug 2020 05:27 #180135 by phillc54
Well it was me, I broke it in v0.162.

When I worked out what the problem was and saw the formula I came up with I cringed. I have no idea what I was thinking. :blush:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tesremos, snowgoer540

More
31 Aug 2020 10:53 #180146 by tommylight

When I worked out what the problem was and saw the formula I came up with I cringed. I have no idea what I was thinking. :blush:

Beer instead of coffee ? :)

More
31 Aug 2020 10:56 #180147 by phillc54

Beer instead of coffee ? :)

haha, maybe I needed beer. :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
27 Oct 2020 16:44 #187442 by Jean NT76
Hello

Since 4 years I am using Linuxcnc to operate my plasma cutter. I bought now the Toma thc 150 and upgraded to Linuxcnc 2.8 and PlasmaC.
With the help of this forum I managed to get LinuxCNC running after many days. Today I wanted to check the Inputs. Arc ok is working but up and down doesn't. I am using the cheap China BOB with Parport and 5 inputs. I bridged also the input to check if I get the signal. Nothing...
Any idea what I can test?

Thank you very much for your help!
Greetings
Jean
Attachments:

More
27 Oct 2020 20:53 #187466 by tommylight
In PlasmaC GUI > home the machine >enable the torch ( DO NOT SWITCH ON THE PLASMA )>in the "config" tab set the ARC "fail timeout" to 60>on the "run" tab set the THC to enabled> press F9 on the keyboard
On the Proma THC150>press and hold BOTH buttons till you see TST on display and let go
Now you have LED's on the THC and on PlasmaC for a long time so you can see if it is working.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds