Recent PlasmaC Update and No Motion

More
30 Aug 2020 02:18 #179996 by PurduePete
Rodw, I actually used mode 0 for a while but had it wired for the output from the Hypertherm so on the second config we set that up again. I actually don't lose arc ok on the screen or when using halmeter until it blows a big enough hole to legitimately lose arc ok. As for material thickness several different thicknesses. Used some 16ga and 14ga for signs, some 3/16 plate for tube caps, and some 3/8 plate for some threaded tube caps. I run a lot of different materials and have I think 30-40 material profiles, tried quite a few of them using conversational programming and dry run and still had the problem even if there wasn't a real pierce. Pierce delay is book settings. These are all of the settings that I have been running for months so I think they are fine. Also runs well for the program before with the same settings, so not sure that my settings are the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2020 02:19 #179997 by phillc54
It is a bug I introduced in V0.162, testing the proposed fix now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
30 Aug 2020 02:21 - 30 Aug 2020 02:25 #179998 by PurduePete
Phillc54, you mean very early on? Yes I did. I actually added the limit switches because you mentioned that it could be a limit issue. Are there any guesses why I would be the only one having these problems? I didn't see nan today, so thats a plus.

Tesremos has been on me to add them since it was part of the plan the whole time. But I just was being cheap. I use higher end automation grade sensors so didn't want to spend $200. Pulled the trigger though.
Last edit: 30 Aug 2020 02:25 by PurduePete.

More
30 Aug 2020 02:25 #180001 by phillc54

Phillc54, you mean very early on? Yes I did. I actually added the limit switches because you mentioned that it could be a limit issue. Are there any guesses why I would be the only one having these problems? I didn't see nan today, so thats a plus

It is the way I did a calculation to disable the Z offsets. Somehow it gets confused with certain combinations of probe height, safe height and z axis settings. I am close to a fix (I think). Sorry about this...:(
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Tesremos

More
30 Aug 2020 02:27 - 30 Aug 2020 02:39 #180002 by PurduePete
No big deal! I seriously love this system. Though Tesremos has had to help me every step of the way with the software it sure makes the table sing. So much better than mach3 like my previous table. Seamless with the servos. I love the auto squaring gantry. Clean interface. Even my wife and employee likes running the table.

Well kinda a big deal but I appreciate the help. The plasma table is basically my whole business.Hence my desperation and crabby attitude early on. I got this weeks critical job done and my other customers are pretty understanding.
Last edit: 30 Aug 2020 02:39 by PurduePete.

More
30 Aug 2020 03:16 - 30 Aug 2020 07:11 #180007 by phillc54
I think I got it. Could you give the attached component a try.

Edit: The Buildbot has finished buiding 2.8 so you could do an apt update and upgrade and it will give you v0.169
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Aug 2020 07:11 by phillc54.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PurduePete

More
30 Aug 2020 03:18 #180008 by rodw
Great to hear the issue is identified and a fix underway.

Hopefully it will also fix some of the endless probing loops I've experienced. I've been putting of upgrading for a while now until a few things settle down.

More
30 Aug 2020 03:22 #180009 by phillc54

Hopefully it will also fix some of the endless probing loops I've experienced. I've been putting of upgrading for a while now until a few things settle down.

I don't see that issue. Can you describe what is happening?
What version are you using?

More
30 Aug 2020 03:39 #180012 by rodw

I don't see that issue. Can you describe what is happening?
What version are you using?

I have described this issue many times. I do not know my current version. I think if the float switch is not working and ohmic fails, it goes into an endless probing loop. It may well have been fixed.

More
30 Aug 2020 03:43 #180014 by phillc54

I have described this issue many times. I do not know my current version. I think if the float switch is not working and ohmic fails, it goes into an endless probing loop. It may well have been fixed.

On my machine it hits the bottom limit, pauses, goes to maximum height and displays a bottom limit reached error.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds