Recent PlasmaC Update and No Motion

More
27 Aug 2020 02:29 #179625 by phillc54
Should affect both

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2020 02:35 #179627 by snowgoer540

Should affect both

So what was broke exactly? I had some weird issues that sounded similar at first but I attributed them to the hypersensing comp that Rod ended up updating. I guess I’m asking What recreated the issue?

More
27 Aug 2020 02:49 #179631 by phillc54

Should affect both

So what was broke exactly? I had some weird issues that sounded similar at first but I attributed them to the hypersensing comp that Rod ended up updating. I guess I’m asking What recreated the issue?

load say the imperial wrench, start a cut (leave the torch disabled) do a breakaway then resume the job. Motion doesn't resume after the probe.

More
27 Aug 2020 02:50 #179632 by Tesremos
will we see a v0.166 in the config tab once the update is successfully installed?

More
27 Aug 2020 03:02 #179634 by phillc54
Yes. The Buidlbot hasn't yet started to build the packages so it may be a while.

More
27 Aug 2020 03:14 #179637 by snowgoer540

Should affect both

load say the imperial wrench, start a cut (leave the torch disabled) do a breakaway then resume the job. Motion doesn't resume after the probe.

You know, you’d think I would have experienced this when I was doing the thc tuning and I had my float switch clamped. Maybe I did and I chalked it up to other stuff, because I was fixated on tuning. I wasn’t running a program though just single cuts.

Guess I need to break my torch away more often haha.

More
27 Aug 2020 03:20 #179638 by Tesremos
After applying update via halcompile.

testing with imperial wrench, machine failed to probe (no ohmic connection) and hit the breakaway, retracted to full height, even with program stopped "no programming running" i have no jog, AXIS +/- does nothing, keyboard does nothing, pressing start moves to line 10 of the gcode, and stops.

More
27 Aug 2020 03:21 #179639 by phillc54

You know, you’d think I would have experienced this when I was doing the thc tuning and I had my float switch clamped. Maybe I did and I chalked it up to other stuff, because I was fixated on tuning. I wasn’t running a program though just single cuts.

Yes, I am surprised that it hasen't reared is ugly head before.
The main issue is that is wasn't waiting for the offset to complete when going to max height. I also reduced the max offset height to 5mm (0.197") below max limit so we stay well away from the issue with offsets and limits.

More
27 Aug 2020 03:24 #179640 by PurduePete
I have the same issues as Tesremos. I was able to dry run fine on the first program. But after that first dry run was complete and the program restarted, the second pierce caused the same issue and added a new one. I no longer have any job control after killing the cut program. Navigating to other screens is possible but nothing functions. Only fix is restarting LinuxCNC.

More
27 Aug 2020 03:24 #179641 by snowgoer540

Yes, I am surprised that it hasen't reared is ugly head before.
The main issue is that is wasn't waiting for the offset to complete when going to max height. I also reduced the max offset height to 5mm (0.197") below max limit so we stay well away from the issue with offsets and limits.

So if I’m understanding correctly, how we have probe height offsets set could affect whether or not we saw an issue?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds