qtvcp issues

More
09 Nov 2018 04:41 #120306 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic qtvcp issues
the MDIHistory widget is disabled until linuxcnc is homed - do you have a homing button yet?
Can you push your work to your github again, maybe I'll get a change to work with your probe screen

Chris M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2018 05:19 #120308 by cmorley

Chris,

On labels, by convention those that have the ability to take a text input from a keyboard always have a light background while those used for info output only have a darker background. Can you make a suggestion on the best way do that? Does qt have a definition to declare these as input or output?

QLineEdits are used for text entry.
Labels are just for output.

Chris M

More
09 Nov 2018 07:23 #120314 by cmorley
To use your screen in simulation it would be convenient to be able to home it.
I did this on a test screen of yours by adding to the python command of your home selection button:

INSTANCE.stackedWidget_1.setCurrentIndex(1),ACTION.SET_MACHINE_HOMING(-1)

Chris M

More
09 Nov 2018 07:47 #120315 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic qtvcp issues
I've been following this from the get go, your persistence demands great respect.
Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: auto-mation-assist

More
09 Nov 2018 09:59 #120318 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic qtvcp issues

I've been following this from the get go, your persistence demands great respect.
Thank you.

I had to go back and read the whole thread yesterday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
09 Nov 2018 10:41 #120320 by auto-mation-assist
Replied by auto-mation-assist on topic qtvcp issues
Ref to: "do you have a homing button yet?"

No, it has not been on my priority list just yet. I’m so used to using a machine in manual mode that the only time I use homing is in full CNC mode which is not that often. I will see what I can do about getting homing going.

Ref to: "Can you push your work to your github again, maybe I'll get a change to work with your probe screen."

I uploaded my latest this evening, still have not figured out git hub to well yet. The probing panel is there but has no defines yet. I moved the files to:

x1Mill_branch/configs/sim/x1Mill

So it would be buried to deep. I hope to have all the buttons, labels and text inputs defined in the handler over the next several days for the probing panel.

I will also make sure that any changes required to insure no labels are used as inputs. Thanks for note on that also. I was wondering about that and saw no way to select them as in or outputs like in some software packages.

tommylight, thank you for the nice comment. i have tons of patience for this kind of work and wont quit until I feel its as good as it can get, and then maybe ___ just a bit more.

I want to add that Chris is fantastic and the amount of work he has put into qtvcp should not be overlooked. He is an absolute and tremendous asset to the linuxcnc community.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Clive S, rodw

More
09 Nov 2018 10:59 #120321 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic qtvcp issues
[quote="auto-mation-assist" post=120320

I want to add that Chris is fantastic and the amount of work he has put into qtvcp should not be overlooked. He is an absolute and tremendous asset to the linuxcnc community.[/quote]

I meant that as multiple ! Both of you, and the others that contribute to everything here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: auto-mation-assist

More
09 Nov 2018 18:23 - 09 Nov 2018 18:25 #120343 by auto-mation-assist
Replied by auto-mation-assist on topic qtvcp issues
I went ahead and got the homing simulation working and was able to test out the the mdi history panel and it works fine. I think that it will beneficial to have a way to switch between the two keyboards shown in the picture. Perhaps there is already something like that that I'm not aware off..

I will start making the def items in the handler and .ui files today for the probing panel.

Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Nov 2018 18:25 by auto-mation-assist. Reason: added the word "think"

More
09 Nov 2018 21:47 #120354 by cmorley
The MDIHistory widget has a soft-keyboard property that can be changed.

Chris M

More
09 Nov 2018 21:49 #120355 by cmorley

[quote="auto-mation-assist" post=120320

I want to add that Chris is fantastic and the amount of work he has put into qtvcp should not be overlooked. He is an absolute and tremendous asset to the linuxcnc community.

I meant that as multiple ! Both of you, and the others that contribute to everything here.[/quote]

It's excellent to work with someone with a vision and lots of patients.
It's just what I needed to finish the project.
Thanks.

Chris M
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds