2+2+3 More Plasma builds, double the joy ! 3X2M and 2.5X1.5M cnc plasma build.

More
29 Aug 2020 17:22 #179947 by tommylight

Thanks for the kind words.

You are welcomed, always.

You need to get some water in there to protect those slats Tom. :)

Unfortunately after several requests to finish that table and fill it with water, it remains unfinished and dry, most probably will remain for the rest of it's working life like so. It is out of my hands now, so i can just keep asking them to do that.
But since you are here, there are still some issues with offsets in PlasmC like Z axis for some unknown reason retracting to 171.5mm and sometimes to 175mm and tripping the home/limit switch although it is set at max 170 in the ini and home is at 160, and sometimes completely stopping motion after such occurrences requiring disabling the machine and enabling it again to be able to continue.
This was all with version 169 and LinuxCNC master version, same issue was in 165.
Everything else works magnificently. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2020 20:49 #179965 by tommylight
Here are some pics taken today while doing some more tuning and finding out that more expensive non original nozzles are much worse than the cheaper original ones from Trafimet, the non-original would not cut through while the original does this with the same settings : 85A and 400mm/m feed rate

I can feel the envy from TheFabricator coming my way ! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03, shpatb

More
29 Aug 2020 20:54 #179967 by rodw
Tommy, are you trying to start the battle of the holes? :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
29 Aug 2020 20:59 #179968 by tommylight

Tommy, are you trying to start the battle of the holes? :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo:

Oh yes, yes, YES ! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
31 Aug 2020 04:06 #180130 by thefabricator03

Oh yes, yes, YES ! :)

Very nice holes Tom. It is interesting about the consumables.

More
01 Sep 2020 21:11 - 01 Sep 2020 21:59 #180358 by tommylight

Very nice holes Tom. It is interesting about the consumables.

This is what i use, the Trafimet AutoCut P141 and the electrode and nozzles with 1.4 and 1.7mm orifice, i also have 1.1mm ones. The above cuts were done with the 1.4mm one. The torch is good for 120A at 100% duty cycle, costs me about 170 Euro new, a set of nozzle/electrode is 4.6 Euro, and a 1.1mm set can do over 1000 meters of cut on a 3mm plate, consistently, so bloody worth every cent.

Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Sep 2020 21:59 by tommylight. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03, shpatb

More
01 Sep 2020 22:40 - 01 Sep 2020 22:40 #180369 by thefabricator03
I think you need to build yourself a table and set up a cutting service Tom. Teach a young guy to run it for you and sit back and watch the money roll in!

I have thought about it, I really enjoy cutting parts on my machine.
Last edit: 01 Sep 2020 22:40 by thefabricator03.

More
02 Sep 2020 06:46 #180400 by tommylight
Thinking of it and working on it, had a chat yesterday with a guy to do the assembly and he already has someone who does on site installations.
Thank you very much for your continued support and ideas and advice. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
14 Sep 2020 22:02 #182150 by tommylight
Some more pictures of the big machine

We did cut some 20mm plates but i was on the phone, it was a busy day as i had to go check an industrial wood router thingy, Italian made some 20 years ago, still in working condition but pretty much useless due to dated software, so the owner insists on updating it to LinuxCNC.
And another machine i have built for them and a retrofit of a chinese one with LinuxCNC some 2 years back, still both working flawlessly.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, johnmc1, thefabricator03, shpatb, Himarc3D

More
14 Sep 2020 22:33 #182154 by thefabricator03
I really like the neons Tom. Reminds me of my chick magnet street racing car I had when I was 17. You just need to add some sub woofers and a big amp!
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight

Time to create page: 4.051 seconds