5Axis Kinetic from 2.8 on 2.7x

More
11 Sep 2020 10:49 - 11 Sep 2020 11:32 #181744 by Aciera
It says its got a limit violation on joint2 at line 46.
Can you post your GCode?

[edit]

Oh, one other imortant thing concerning limits:
LinuxCNC does only check axis values against limit values. It does not check joints. So this means that if your coordinate system is tilted or rotated by A or C when using non-trivial kinemtics, those limits are not aligned with your actual joints anymore and have not really any meaning.
So maybe you are not really exceeding your physical limits. This is really where we get to the limits of the current state of linuxCNC.

So if you have limit switches on both ends of the axis you could try to disable the limits in the INI.
Last edit: 11 Sep 2020 11:32 by Aciera.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2020 15:21 #181768 by JackRay
So I deactivated all the limes of each of the axes-I have an error on join 2.here is my G code file.Regards
Attachments:

More
11 Sep 2020 16:32 - 11 Sep 2020 16:36 #181769 by Aciera

So I deactivated all the limes of each of the axes

Ok put those lines back in.

I don't know how much experience you have with 5axis cnc machines. Maybe you know what you are doing but
I really think you're wanting to much to quickly. 5axis simultaneous is really a lot more complex than 3axis.

So stop running this gcode for now and focus on getting to know the 5 axis kinematics.

You need to start with small stuff like following the point of a pencil stuck to the table or something.

What I suggested was to set the tilting and rotating tables at 0° then touch off at the center/top of your rotating table.

[edit]
This guy has it figured out look at 0:56 to 1:11 :

Then you move to say X20 Z5

Then you rotate the rotating table by say 45° and check if the tool moves with the table.

Maybe this thread is worth having a look at:
forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...kinematics-x?start=0

I don't have a 5axis machine so I might not be able to help you much farther. Just take a step back and get your brain wrapped around things.
Last edit: 11 Sep 2020 16:36 by Aciera.

More
11 Sep 2020 19:34 #181787 by JackRay
I have a lot of experience in usiange, all types of machines. On the other hand, none on the configuration of driver software (such as linuxcnc).
the program I have attached to you is simply chamfers on a rectangular piece (milling while rolling) not much simpler.

to overcome the problems of limits, I programmed a very small pocket.

no more limit problem. on the other hand always problems of joinutres.

I have noticed that the accelerations of the axes are too fast. apparently the limits given in the .ini file are not respected as for a "trivkins" configuration.

Are there no other joint parameters to perform?

Thank you for all the advice, I'm studying all the docs you send me. I'm sure I'm not too far off the mark, but like you say, I still have a lot to learn.

More
12 Sep 2020 06:35 - 12 Sep 2020 06:38 #181828 by Aciera
Erreur de suivi jointure, I guess is due to excessive acceleration as you say.

You might have to reduce acceleration quite considerably.

As this user writes forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...tics?start=40#108666

One thing I noticed, there was considerable amount of Jerk in movements.
I did set acceleration down to compensate that.
I'm running 1800 mm/s2, on my axis, for 5-axis work 700-900 max.

But really I'm out of my depth here.

[edit]
Please post any findings as, maybe, one day I might actually get into 5axis machining in earnest.
Last edit: 12 Sep 2020 06:38 by Aciera.

More
12 Sep 2020 16:12 #181894 by JackRay
Hello
Hello,

I managed to move all my axes simply with a "mid" command on the G1 A 20 F50 axis. I considerably reduce the feed speeds. No more joining or limit problems. On the other hand, the axes do not follow the pivot point and go in all directions.

My configuration defined the "C" axis in 4th join.

If I understand correctly the linuxcnc doc the "C" axis would correspond to the 5th join ..

is it correct ?

I tried, it doesn't work, but, do I have to change something else in the configuration files ?

thank you

More
12 Sep 2020 16:18 #181895 by JackRay
I forgot, the offset of "tool offset" is not taken into account. whether on the "Y" or "Z" axis the modification of values ​​does not change anything either ...

Regards

More
12 Sep 2020 16:34 #181897 by Aciera
Do you have G43 activated?

You need to keep the joint numbering in order. Maybe compare with the simulation config:

Warning: Spoiler!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackRay

More
12 Sep 2020 18:03 #181904 by JackRay
Yes my G43 is activated.

concerning the configuration of the .ini file it's ok for me. I think my Problem comes from an error or an oversight in my .hal file

Thank you

More
12 Sep 2020 18:09 #181905 by Aciera
Hm, not sure your hal file defines more then the pivot distance, as far as the kinematic is concerned.
But really you should be able to figure out what is wrong by just setting A at 45° and C at 0° and jog your axis in x, where it should be just moving the x motor, and in y, where it should move motors y and z at the same speed.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds