Q: of a NOOB
can i simply copy the so File from the 2.8.pre
xyzac-trt-kins.so
xyzbc-trt-kins.so

to the location of 2.7.14
/usr/lib/linuxcnc/modules

will or woudt this work

without updating to 2.8.pre from a frech uspace install

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2019 01:01 #131441 by tommylight
Not sure but i think there are some symlinks that are also created when installing a .so file, but i am sure that is not always the case. I am also sure several years back i did compile some comps and had to manually copy them and they worked.
So chances are that is will work, but the 2.7 to 2.8 version might be more problematic due to axis <=> joints.

More
22 Apr 2019 07:02 #131464 by pl7i92
i see thank y0u i need to get a full master git compile

or simply wait till it is the NEW release
and stay with trivskins until TCP is working for 5Axis

More
22 Apr 2019 15:10 #131514 by Todd Zuercher
Pretty sure those files from 2.8 will not work in 2.7 without heavy modification.

Why not simply install 2.8. Pre-compiled versions are avalible from buildbot, and can be easily installed using Synaptic
forum.linuxcnc.org/27-driver-boards/3581...use-mesa-7i96#123784

More
29 Aug 2020 10:09 #179926 by JackRay
Good morning all ,

I am new to the form and I often link your "posts" because I built a 5 axis CNC with LinuxCNC 2.7.14 control under Dabian. I apologize because I am not completely bilingual. I live in the south of France. All your information allowed me to move forward with the design of my machine. In turn I can share my experience to help the community.

I attach a photo illustrating my machine.
The characteristics of my machine are X = 560mm Y = 340mm Z = 180mm A = + - 95 ° C = -999 ° / 999 ° for a weight of about 400 Kg. All the structure of the machine was laser cut and assembled .

I cannot finalize my project because I am stuck on the xyzac-trt-kins module for carrying out 5-axis continuous machining. I have read all the instructions for halcomplie --install correctly but it does not work. Before going further in my explanations, I join my two configuration files .hal & .ini.

I hope to have presented the project well. (As I am not used to discussing on forums, I may have missed out on essential things. Please let me know. Can someone help me solve my problem ?.

thank you in advance

Kings Regard

Attachments:

More
29 Aug 2020 11:59 #179927 by Aciera
Can you describe what it is that is not working for you?
As far as I remember the xyzac-trt-kins are ready to go. Why do you think you need to use halcompile?

More
29 Aug 2020 13:12 #179930 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic 5Axis Kinetic from 2.8 on 2.7x
If you are still using 2.7 for a new build when 2.8 is finally about to be released, you will be in a world of pain trying to use V 2.8 components with V 2.7. They are just sooo different.

IF your machine requires V2.8 features, upgrade.
If your hardware does not manage to run it, upgrade it.

More
30 Aug 2020 10:28 #180049 by JackRay
Good morning all ,
Already, Thank you for responding so quickly.
I present you my problems:

In fact my machine works very correctly in 3 axes and 5 positioned axes.
where it gets complicated is the operation in 5 continuous axes.

In fact to be honest, I work with as CFAO fusion 360 where there is a ready post processor configured, where there are only a few parameters to change. ( section “function onOpen()”)

After configuring the axes in the post processor ,as I said above, everything works well except the 5 continuous axes, where the trajectories are totally random.

In fact, I don't know if it comes from configuring my post processor or configuring linuxCNC?

Already my first questions are:

Can I perform continuous 5-axis with the LinuxCNC configuration that I attached in my last post?

Do I have to go through modules ("5axeskins" / "xyzac-trt-king") in the LinuxCNC configuration (TCP)?

Is my Fusion 360 “file.cps” post processor incorrectly configured?

I attach mom file ("Post processor") if you want to take a look.

Thanks a lot for your help.

More
30 Aug 2020 13:46 - 30 Aug 2020 13:48 #180071 by Aciera
Since your config works for 3+2 I would expect it to work for 5 axis operation as well.

For Tool point coordinated operation you need to provide xyzac-trt-kins with the physical offsets of the pivots of your A and C axis. If these values are not correct then the matrix calculations done in the kinematic file will be all wrong and the tool motion all over the place.

In your config you have set:

net :tool-offset motion.tooloffset.z xyzac-trt-kins.tool-offset
setp xyzac-trt-kins.x-offset 36.056
setp xyzac-trt-kins.y-offset 0
setp xyzac-trt-kins.z-offset 0

which seems wrong to me as the rotational axis of a is along the x axis. Why would you have an x-offset?

Have you looked through this:
docplayer.net/49845107-5-axis-machine-to...ion-in-linuxcnc.html

Also note that there is a simulation configuration for the xyzac-trt-kin in the sim folder.

I don't have any experience with Fusion360 so I don't know if you can or need to configure your pivot offsets in the post processor.

It might be worth to start out with testing 4axis simutaneous operation and then go on to 5 axis
Last edit: 30 Aug 2020 13:48 by Aciera.

More
30 Aug 2020 17:23 #180094 by JackRay
I think there is confusion between version 2.7.14 and 2.8.
I am working under Dabian with version 2.7.14 pre installed in "real time".
The 5 axis modules are not the same.
“5axiskins” for version 2.7.14
“xyzac-trt-kings” for version 2.8.

except, the parameters passed for the axis offsets do not work from version 2.8 to 2.7.14.except, the parameters passed for the axis offsets do not work from version 2.8 to 2.7.14.

example linuxcnc 2.7.14:
net: tool-offset motion.tooloffset.z 5axiskins.tool-offset
setp 5axiskins.x-offset 0
setp 5axiskins.y-offset 0
setp 5axiskins.z-offset 36.056

This does not work, an error message appears when starting linux.
Linuxcnc 2.8 hal :

net: tool-offset motion.tooloffset.z xyzac-trt-kins.tool-offset
setp tooloffset.z xyzac-trt-kins.x-offset 0
setp tooloffset.z xyzac-trt-kins.y-offset 0
setp tooloffset.z xyzac-trt-kins.z-offset 36.056

My problem is that the CNC control PC is not connected to the internet, and even I don't know how to upgrade Lcnc 2.7.14 to 2.8. I'm not sure "Synaptic" will be installed under the Dabian version.

My problem is that the CNC control PC is not connected to the internet, and even I don't know how to upgrade Lcnc 2.7.14 to 2.8. I'm not sure "Synaptic" will be installed under the Dabian version. Please say if I have understood the problem and if someone has a solution for me. Once again,
Thank you for your help

Thank you very much
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds