Brother TC-211

More
20 Jul 2014 03:22 #48949 by mblaszkiewicz
Replied by mblaszkiewicz on topic Brother TC-211
14 - 15 stays at 22 volts all the time
14-16 same
15-16 no voltage moving or still

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2014 03:43 - 20 Jul 2014 03:45 #48951 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Brother TC-211
OK so that says that CN8 pin 15 (START) is grounded to 16 (GND) to enable the drive as expected.
so the 7I77 enable wiring (ENA+ PIN15 ENA- to PIN16) is correct.

So you might try re-attaching the 7I77 and then measuring the same pins (when you start linuxcnc)

(perhaps the battery test is a bit crude for this drive and it faults on
too high an acceleration which will happen when the battery is connected)

Be very careful at this stage, a runaway is very likely
(this is much safer to do with motors mechanically disconnected from linear axis)
Last edit: 20 Jul 2014 03:45 by PCW.

More
20 Jul 2014 04:45 #48952 by mblaszkiewicz
Ok got the motor to turn. My mistake. had the pins wrong into the 7i77. I got the servo motor to turn, only thing is it has a small constant creep, and follow through when I use it. (won't stop turns slowly)

More
20 Jul 2014 04:59 #48953 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Brother TC-211

Ok got the motor to turn. My mistake. had the pins wrong into the 7i77. I got the servo motor to turn, only thing is it has a small constant creep, and follow through when I use it. (won't stop turns slowly)

That's not all that uncommon, and the PID will catch it.
There might be an adjustment, but it is unlikely to stay perfect even if you get it perfect once. This is the reason we have closed-loop control.

More
20 Jul 2014 05:11 #48954 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Brother TC-211

I have a couple of Servo Tuning Guides here .

JT

More
20 Jul 2014 05:15 #48955 by mblaszkiewicz
I think my next item on the list its the spindle. I need to get that turning at least then limit switches. I still don't know where they come into the machine

More
20 Jul 2014 07:02 #48958 by mblaszkiewicz
I just reasigned the port for z axis to spindle and hooked up the wires in the same configuration and spindle turns on demand :)

also figured out the limit switches for z minus z home and z tool change :) :)

Now on to the hard ones, x and y. I have a bunch of panels to take off to just see them.

As soon as I get a helper here I'm going to try and find them in the machine cabinet. They should be really close to the z axis limit switch contacts.

More
20 Jul 2014 07:39 #48959 by mblaszkiewicz
One more question for the electronics wizards out there. It looks like the incoming wires for the limit switches are 14 gauge. Does anyone think it would be a problem using ribbon cable to hook them up to the break out board ????

More
21 Jul 2014 01:37 #48979 by mblaszkiewicz
Ok figured out all the limit switch. All the limit switches have 2 wires and 20 volts in a N/C set up. (20 volts when not tripped) How would I set this up to a 7i77 card?

I have an x and y home/max and x and y min possition

the z axis has 3 locations z min, z home, and z max (tool change location)

what I did for now is set up the smart serial 1 card using 2 pins for each min/max location. Is this wrong or right. Any help would be great.

More
21 Jul 2014 04:23 #48985 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Brother TC-211

Ok figured out all the limit switch. All the limit switches have 2 wires and 20 volts in a N/C set up. (20 volts when not tripped) How would I set this up to a 7i77 card?.

Do you have the ends of both wires, or is the 20V sourced from elsewhere?

Which smart-serial card do you have (you mentioned one).

The 7i77 inputs sense "true" when there is current flow into the terminal block and out to field GND (ie, the GND of your field power terminal). In HAL there is an ...in and an ...in-not for every input, so if you sense of operation is wrong, you just use the alternative HAL terminal.

It sounds like you probably want to connect the 7i77 Field Power to the 20V supply used by the machine IO.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.358 seconds