Planning - Bridgeport Interact 1 linuxCNC Retrofit

More
03 Dec 2015 18:07 #66302 by andypugh

Good deal!

It might not be, I can't find anything out about them..

Now I have to read up on how to use these.. any lead where to get the best information?

The best I have found is
www.heidenhain.com/fileadmin/pdb/media/img/598_010-21.pdf
Which does at least show the likely pinout of the connectors.

Searching the internet shows the same box paired with an ROD 456 sinusoidal rotary encoder, so it looks like they are the same thing, at least.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2015 18:59 - 03 Dec 2015 19:04 #66310 by cncnoob1979
I called HEIDENHAIN tech support and received the Manual and wiring diagram for these boxes. Very strange that nothing comes up on google!

HEIDENHAIN EXE 702B (225-551-02)

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Maybe this will help someone else in the future. The issue I have is that I didn't think about the cables for this unit. So I asked if they came with the cables and have yet to receive a response. If the answer is no I will cancel the buy from ebay and purchase just 3 units for the same price but With cables.
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Dec 2015 19:04 by cncnoob1979.

More
03 Dec 2015 19:18 #66312 by andypugh

Maybe this will help someone else in the future. The issue I have is that I didn't think about the cables for this unit. So I asked if they came with the cables and have yet to receive a response. If the answer is no I will cancel the buy from ebay and purchase just 3 units for the same price but With cables.

www2.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Amphenol-S...2bLIux6K0kiVsIMCg%3d

But be aware that the cable back-shells and terminal pins are separate parts.

More
03 Dec 2015 20:14 #66317 by cncnoob1979
Well I canceled the order. No power cables or interface cables. By the time I bought and built all the cables I could have simply replaced the sinusoidal encoder with something more up-to-date. Such as the E5 Encoder from usdigital that passes quadrature TTL signals.

More
03 Dec 2015 20:43 #66320 by cncnoob1979

The two main options for sinusoidal encoders are Heidenhain EXE boxes:
www.ebay.com/itm/181900885922
Or the development board from ICHaus.
www.ichaus.de/product/iC-MG

Andy,

How could I setup the development board from ICHaus?

The only information I have found so far looks to be just the ic, then I would have to build it using a bread board (or custom pcb) and socket from my limited understanding so far. I assume a solution has not already been built using this ic for my purpose?

What am I missing? - And if there is information available for this build, can you point me in the right area?

More
03 Dec 2015 20:47 #66321 by cncbasher
just for info , i'm currently designing a board specifc for these and linuxcnc for a client , although any machine will be able to use them , if you need anything , in fact iam hunting for a resolver for testing , at the moment .

More
03 Dec 2015 20:55 #66322 by cncnoob1979
cncbasher,

It looks like I may be able to help you out with that. The machine I plan to pick up this weekend currently has *I believe* the older sinusoidal encoder to use with the Heidenhain controller.

I could be your beta tester, or could possibly ship you my encoder for testing purposes.

Here is a picture of one servo that was rebuilt.
File Attachment:

More
03 Dec 2015 21:09 #66323 by andypugh

By the time I bought and built all the cables I could have simply replaced the sinusoidal encoder with something more up-to-date.

The sinusoidal encoders, with the interpolation, can be very good.

Are you sure that it will be as easy as you think to swap the encoders, keeping in mind that you probably want to keep the tachometers?

More
03 Dec 2015 21:12 #66324 by andypugh

How could I setup the development board from ICHaus?
The only information I have found so far looks to be just the ic, then I would have to build it using a bread board (or custom pcb)

No, the development board is the chip pre-mounted on a PCB, with connectors.

www.ichaus.de/upload/pdf/Mg1d_a2es.pdf

More
03 Dec 2015 21:15 #66326 by andypugh

It looks like I may be able to help you out with that. The machine I plan to pick up this weekend currently has *I believe* the older sinusoidal encoder to use with the Heidenhain controller.

Counting wires might help. I think that a sinusoidal encoder will have 8 wires and a resolver will have 6.
(Also, a resolver will measure as 3 isolated resistors, probably 2 the same value and one the other)

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds