Retrofitting Maho MH600E 1989 - Meas 5i25 & 7i77

More
06 Jul 2020 10:51 #173744 by RotarySMP
Did that manual arrive?

I think the lubrication system is one of the differences between the 600E and 400E. On mine, the lubrication system is hard wired, and just runs on start and every twenty minutes based on the time relay built into the lube unit. I think the 600E gave lube unit control to the Phillips didn't it?

I never saw my MAHO run so I had no feel for how fast the acceleration was before. I was pretty happy with 50mm/s². At 500mm/s² it must be pretty dynamic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2020 18:55 #173768 by Onkelmat
yeh you should at least go up to 300mm/sec². You can crash tools at that speed like a champ too :D
I´m little confused to where to set the origins. But at least it´s quite easy to change.

The Linux cnc homing setup is very strange but i got it working with the index. The connection in the Hal file was missing.
I think the wizard gives a good starting point but in depth it´s a complete mess :)
Sometimes it adds some "0" to my values. And writes the line in the HAL for the 7i84 always wrong: 003xxx instead of 300xxx.

Okay I´ve solved the following error problem today, at first i´ve changed the baseperiod but that only led to freezing the computer, after more reading I found out that the baaseperiod should be 1000000ns and you mustn´t change that.
So I´ve been thinking about it again....and came to the conclusion:

If Outputscale is 100
and the Max and Min outputs are each at 10
the drives won´t run fast enough and can´t reach the commanded velocity.

So I´ve set the Outputscales each on 100 instead of 10 and it worked. Even the PID behavior has improved a little bit.

I´ve capped the maximum speeds at 1500mm/sec² because it´s enough xD. The Maho ran in programs G0s with 2500mm/min and that was a noise you don´t want to hear. It sounded like alot of wear.

The lubrication was controlled by the Philips 432. As far as i know it had several modes:

Standby or no use: 8h interval
little use: every 15 minutes or something like that
and at heavy milling every 30 or 60 seconds.

I can see the backside of the x Axis and i can tell it has zero wear, same for all the other ways. The old Z-axis had to be adjusted with the "Keilleiste" and it´s okay as far as i can tell. I´ve only got problems with somebacklash in the ballscrews. The closed loop of linux seems to handle that very well. If i get the chance i´ll replace the screws with new one, but it seems super expensive to get some Ø40x6mm Ballscrews.

Tomorrow I´ll think about wiring the gearbox and is there a button in AXIS for Tool-release ? I got the tool release working via hal, but i haven´t seen a button yet.

Somehow i think the random restarts of my pc happen mostly when the relay for the hydraulics engages. It´s broken off from it´s clamp and when it´s lose the pc restarts more often then when i pop it back in position. I´ll investigate.

Is there a HAL Tutorial for really really stupid people ? the tutorial at linuxcnc for HAL seesm very short and looks like 1-100 in 1 second for me.
Attachments:

More
06 Jul 2020 20:24 #173770 by tommylight

Okay I´ve solved the following error problem today, at first i´ve changed the baseperiod but that only led to freezing the computer, after more reading I found out that the baaseperiod should be 1000000ns and you mustn´t change that.

As PCW mentioned and i have to repeat:
you do not need a base period, only in case you are using some component that requires it. And base period runs normally under 100000 ns, servo period is required and that should remain at 1000000ns.

More
07 Jul 2020 06:59 - 07 Jul 2020 07:20 #173817 by RotarySMP
I did tool release as a physical button. Might even add a foot switch in parallel. There is no tool release button provided standard in Gmoccapy (which GUI are you using?). I wouldn't waht this on a touch screen anyway. I only run the Hyd pump when the button is pushed so it take a couple of seconds to generate pressure before the tool kicks out.

Your experience with PNFCONF is normal. Good to get an initial config, but then you move on to manual editing.

Output scale on a +/-10V analog system sould be 10 wouldn't it?. The Mesa 7i77 couldn't output 100V even if you want it too.

Why would your ballscrews be worn out, if your ways show no wear? Have you checked whether the backlash in your ballscrews is not caused by a loose bearing or nut mount? Mullernick did a pretty thorough investigation of ballscrew backlash on his MAHo 700C on the CNCecke. Search for "Kuhstall" for the thread.

On my MAHO, spindle start sometimes pulls down the 110V AC rail enough that my monitor reboots. Luckily the PC has so far always been able to buffer that, and has never rebooted.

The HAL really only has a few simple rules. Loading functions, adding them to a thread, netting signals, and assigning default values.

The HAL rules are simple, but I also struggle with understanding how to apply them to solve problems. It is better to find a specific problem, and ask for specific assistance in solving it here in the forum.

Mark
Last edit: 07 Jul 2020 07:20 by RotarySMP.

More
07 Jul 2020 13:35 #173832 by Onkelmat
Okay After watching the acceleration of the maho today, I´d suggest to step dwon form 500mm/sec² to like 400. I can remember that it was a little bit less than what I´ve set.

I´m not sure what the scales should be, but this way it all fits together. Is your machine belt driven ?
I´ve set at very first the encoder scale to 1000, that matched the real movement to the movement shown on AXIS
then i had to increase outputscale to 100 to avoid random jerking and jumping like crazy. After that everything worked, but with max 300mm/min. On higher speed i got ferrors.
Then i´ve set output max and min to -+100.
I´m not sure now if thats ok ^^

I´ve tested the vogel lubrication, it only turns on if told to. It gives constant flow of oil. So i really have to activate it myselfe.

I´ve found lube.py But I really can´t find a description where to place lube.py and what to do. I´ve added the lines to custom.hal, but linuxcnc always gives me an error that it can´t finde lube.py.

U´ve connected the toolchange button to some "machine not running" state ?
and did you use the "spindle is on speed" timed relais in the cabinet ?

i did not get the documents yet

More
07 Jul 2020 16:38 #173863 by RotarySMP
I just resent the manual, and also a separate test email.

More
07 Jul 2020 19:13 - 08 Jul 2020 07:54 #173897 by Onkelmat

I just resent the manual, and also a separate test email.

seems like the temporary mail service is not reliable.

I´ll remove this adress later.

EDIT: removed my E-Mail
Last edit: 08 Jul 2020 07:54 by Onkelmat.

More
07 Jul 2020 19:21 #173899 by RotarySMP
I just sent them. You can delete that now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Onkelmat

More
08 Jul 2020 07:55 #173954 by Onkelmat
got it on the tmper mail now :D

More
08 Jul 2020 10:13 #173962 by RotarySMP
Hope that it helps.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds