Traub Bosch cc100 retrofit

More
04 Jun 2015 02:58 #59402 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Traub Bosch cc100 retrofit

Why are so many files on the zip folder of the VMC

Because it is a complete working simulation of a machine with spindle orient and a toolholder.

Expand the zip in your configs directory and you should be able to watch it work on screen almost like the real thing.
(well, after installing carousel.comp anyway)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2015 03:00 #59403 by andypugh

i see it has spindle hal and toolchanger hal . So i need to delete the existing one from my machine and include and mod this

Noooo!

Keep what you have if it works, but look at the new config and see how that works. Don't expect to be able to blindly use HAL snippets, you have to work on understanding the underlying logic.

More
04 Jun 2015 03:09 #59404 by aventtini
the drives that i have for the ATC is AXOR MINI SPEED , problem is motor are ok for the drives but they dot have tacho the have encoder on them . So drive is DC and Tacho and Motor has encoder . Question is if the drive dont have the tacho connected the overun . . Plan is like this connect the encoder to mesa 77i7 on the rest of the axis then connect the analogs and see if the drive runaway . I will pose some pictures tomorrow

More
04 Jun 2015 03:11 #59405 by aventtini
Also i can pay some one to do it together . If some one is intrested

More
05 Jun 2015 00:39 #59437 by aventtini
So today was a Zen day and i have this setup to hook up

Pin 1 servo enable 1 axis
Pin 2 servo enable 2 axis turret
Pin 3 servo fault
Pin 4 servo fault
Pin 5 1 axis reference
Pin 6 2 axis turret reference
Pin 7 hard limits 1 axis front
Pin 8 hard limits 1 axis back

1 axis SW analog
2 axis SW analog

1 axis encoder
2 axis encoder

So now the logic .

Start up of the machine , when we press home all , magazine home his self to know the position of the toolchanger .

Now the bad part is how to translate this in linux .

I understand i can do this on ClassicLadder and Hal file .
The electronics to hook up is easy and now i need to understand why are so many files in all the demo files

More
05 Jun 2015 00:41 #59439 by andypugh

I understand i can do this on ClassicLadder and Hal file

If you are more comfortable with Classic Ladder then use Classic Ladder, if you are more comfortable with G-code then you can run the tool-change sequence from a G-code subroutine.

The sample config I made uses G-code because I haven't bothered to learn CL yet.

More
05 Jun 2015 00:55 #59442 by aventtini
so i understand there are 2 ways one is CL and second is Gcode in the Mpg . Why are so many files . I have seen all the setup has minimum 10 file . i do by gcode , i can set up the axis in the Hal then i need to make a gcode and implement . It sounds simple

More
05 Jun 2015 01:44 #59444 by andypugh

Why are so many files . I have seen all the setup has minimum 10 file .

Have you tried running the sample configuration I wrote? It might make more sense if you do, and you can experiment with config changes on the simulated machine rather than make expensive mistakes with real hardware.
(It won't actually run until you install the carousel component, as detailed below)

The files are as follows:

arm.stl, base.stl, carousel.stl, head.stl, table.stl. You can ignore these, they are files that define the shapes of the parts of the simulated machine

carousel.comp - You might need this, it is a new HAL component that I have written to control toolchanger carousels. It will hopefully become a standard part of LInuxCNC in the future.
sudo comp --install --install-doc carousel.comp should install the file into your system, then you won't need it again.

README is a text file that is displayed in the LinuxCNC config picker. It describes the config.

remap.py - You need this to make M6 call a G-code routine. But you don't need to edit it.
remap.pyc can be ignored.
toplevel.py is another file related to the M6 remapm you need it, but don't need to change it.

sequencer.comp is another custom HAL component. But the config isn't using it at the moment, it is an alternative to both CL and G-code remapping. Ignore it.

sim_vmc.hal is a HAL file that makes the simulated machine look like a real machine to HAL. Ignore it if you have a real machine.

spindle.hal is a HAL file that controls the spindle, including spindle-orient on the M19 command.

toolchange.hal is the HAL file that sets up the toolchanger. You would need to tweak this for your machine, but probably not much. The inputs and outputs need to be linked to real IO pins.

toolchange.ngc is the G-code subroutine that runs the tool change sequence.

vmc.hal is the standard HAL file for the sample machine. This is exactly equivalent to your existing HAL file.

vmc.ini is the INI file for the config. You will need to copy a few things from that INI file to your INI file, but you won't want the file. The [PYTHON] section, the extra files added to the [HAL] section and the REMAP= commands in [RS24NGC] and the spindle control PID parameters are what you need from there.

vmc.tbl and vmc.var are standard tool table and var files. Ignore them.

vmcgui is the Python file that runs the Vismach simulation.

So, The only files from that config that you need are remap.py, toplevel.py, toolchange.hal and toolchange.ngc. And you only need to understand the last two.

More
05 Jun 2015 02:16 #59445 by aventtini
I did not run it but now its clear .

Let me wire the wires to mesa and make the schematic of the pinouts . Now if the drive wants taco and we dont have can i hook one of the chanels of the encoder ? I have test it today and if there is no taco its runs away and if there is 0 v on the SW it dos not stop. Tnx for the info on in and after a make the wires i will make the modification on the files . I have email to you today .

More
05 Jun 2015 03:30 #59446 by andypugh

Now if the drive wants taco and we dont have can i hook one of the chanels of the encoder ?

No, the tacho outputs an analogue voltage and it should go directly to the drive and nowhere else.

What is the position sensor? (The tacho isn't a position sensor, it is a velocity sensor) but every servo needs position feed back too.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds