Traub Bosch cc100 retrofit

More
14 Aug 2014 23:00 #49865 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Traub Bosch cc100 retrofit
Where are you on this list? (what number)

Steps you need to do:

1. Get encoders working, scaled right and in the right directions

2. Get drive enables controlled by linuxcnc

3. Set per axis following error wide enough to allow tuning (say 20 mm)

4. Verify feedback direction (expect runaways) you may have to change the sign of the analog outputs

5. Tune PID

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2014 03:01 #52916 by aventtini
Sorry for not replaying ,

My impresions on linuxcnc :

1. Flexible
2. hard to learn but not imposible
3. Great members and lots off info and help
4 Perfect for old machines
5. Mesa perfect in combination with linuxcnc

Tnx for all the help and i will want to give back more then just questions and problems .

I see there is a tendency that people make there machines and nerver come back to the forum .

Im dedicated my efforts to fully learn Linuxcnc to help people ,

I will post some pics and info about my machine

:D Best regards Andrei

More
07 Feb 2015 13:53 #55767 by aventtini
Hello friends some after playing with the machine i have notice some things on it.

I cant see Dave online from some time and i have a question . I'm really satisfied about the machine but i think is something wrong whit the speed.

in this video at minute 4:44 the machine is moving really fast on path change or rapids as it calls . My machine is set up at 1340mm/m but if i put it on 400% overwrite it dos not move as this guys video . If the machine was working on rapids at maximum and milling path at different rate it was ok right ? Or some times i have a delay in the MPG wheel , like the machine is set up on feed 100% and 1mm step and i turn the wheel 20mm and it moves in delay until it goes 20mm. I feel like i don't have enof torque on the motors . I scared in playng whit the set up . Maybe its not tuned on the halscope . The machine is making perfect parts like 0,02mm backslash on the screws

best regards Andrei

More
07 Feb 2015 19:50 - 07 Feb 2015 19:51 #55771 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Traub Bosch cc100 retrofit

My machine is set up at 1340mm/m but if i put it on 400% overwrite it dos not move as this guys video

Feed-override won't ever make rapid moves faster than the maximum in the INI file.

With the newer versions of LinuxCNC feed-override and rapid-overide are separate things, and are set by separate sliders in the GUIs.

The rapid moves happen at the rate set in the INI file, for example mine says:

[AXIS_Y]

MAX_VELOCITY = 45
MAX_ACCELERATION = 200

Which is 2700mm/min (45 x 60) and that is still not as fast as the one in the video.

What you could do is set the MAX_VELOCITY to 200 (or something else optimistic) then start the machine doing a loop of G0 X0 / G0 X200 with the feed-override or rapid-override set to 25% and slowly increase the over-ride speed until you get a following error.
Do this with a heavy workpiece but no tool.

Then set the INI file max to about 50% of the absolute max, to have a safety margin.

However, what that video really shows is very high axis acceleration and you might want to perform the same exercise on that setting too.

Are you using the original drives and motors? If you are, and if the analogue outputs limits are set to 10V then you should be getting the same torque as the original spec. Perhaps your Analogue out / PWM / PID max outputs are left in a "setup" state with low values?
Last edit: 07 Feb 2015 19:51 by andypugh.

More
07 Feb 2015 19:53 #55773 by andypugh
The numbers here
www.fermatmachinery.com/used-machines/ma...s/tvc-400-en-141584/
Suggest that you might want MAX_VELOCITY of 333mm/sec/ That's a _lot_ more than you have at the moment.

More
07 Feb 2015 21:12 #55779 by aventtini
Its the original motors and drive +-10v whit the original setup on limits. I never setuo on the PWM / PID . I can give you a my skype id and we can chat faster . I have the original paper of the machine i will make a photo of it no and post it . I also have instaled teamviwer on the machine

More
07 Feb 2015 21:25 #55780 by aventtini
http://imgur.com/XwNe1Rh this is the setup

More
08 Feb 2015 00:12 #55790 by andypugh

http://imgur.com/XwNe1Rh this is the setup

Can you attach the HAL and INI files? That setup makes no sense at all.

f-error is _huge_

You have PID _and_ stepgen

The PID numbers look wrong.

Max velocity is 1,440 on a 20,000 machine.

More
08 Feb 2015 00:35 - 08 Feb 2015 00:37 #55791 by aventtini
Im not home right now i will attach tomorow . I know i have tested with dave and the offsett of the drive i cant get it to stop . I put the analog SW in short and the ajust the offset to 0 but is still moving slow like 0.002 then when i put to mesa the are in stand still . DRO shows me x 0,010 y 0,003 and z 0,002 . I think motors are not tuned right? I afiraid to test by my self because of runyways . Im runnning like this the machine and accuracy is ok . Only problem is speed on rapids. My setup is 6i25 and 7i77
Last edit: 08 Feb 2015 00:37 by aventtini.

More
08 Feb 2015 00:39 - 08 Feb 2015 00:40 #55793 by aventtini
i have ordered some combo from mesa and i will get them in 3 weeks from now . I have some similar motors and drives that i want to learn linuxcnc at maximum capacity . Right now i dont want to test on working machine because cast iron cant be welded back B) B) B) B) B)

I understand now we have 3 types of speed on the machine

1 is homing speed
2 jog speed
3 rapid feed

right?
Last edit: 08 Feb 2015 00:40 by aventtini.

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds