Traub Bosch cc100 retrofit

More
13 Mar 2015 16:45 #56782 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Traub Bosch cc100 retrofit
Spindle alignment is not a particularly difficult thing, but because every machine is different it is hard to create a universal solution.

In theory you are just using the spindle as another servo axis. So you need a PID component to control that.
The position set-point can be provided by the M19 command and the motion.spindle-orient-angle HAL pin.
You don't want this PID active all the time, so you can enebale it with the motion.spindle-orient pin which is only set when an M19 is in force.

At any given time the spindle position might be thousands of turns from zero. You don't want the PID to "unwrap" all those turns when you enable spindle orient, so there is a HAL component that provides a version of the orient angle _plus_ all the complete revolutions on the encoder counter. www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/orient.9.html You can use that to provide an actually useful target position for the spindle.

You need to combine the output of the spindle-orient PID component with the whatever currently drives the spindle. As you only orient with the spindle stopped, you can generally just add it to the spindle.speed-out... pin before it goes to the VFD control outputs. Or you could use a mux2 also operated by motion.spindle-orient to make sure that the spindle is controlled by either the speed command _or_ the orient PID, but not both.

I hope that is clear. I suspect it isn't..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2015 19:17 #56784 by andypugh
I added a block-diagram to the LinuxCNC Wiki page

wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SpindleOrient

(Unfortunately I can't figure out how to embed the image, you need to click the orient.svg link to see it)

Note that the diagram shows a system that is closed-loop in both position and velocity modes.

More
14 Mar 2015 01:44 #56796 by aventtini
10x im on it , but for sure i will not make ti work . Also i need to implement a Gui to see the position . Hope i can test on table

More
28 Mar 2015 02:52 #57235 by aventtini
I have a issue that today cost me a ISCAR index mill. I was ignoring it but i want to solve it and ma searching the forum and i see no info on thins. Maybe i dont search right . For example why the machine is moving from A to B in a arc and not 90 degrie ? what happens is , i was in a holle whit a mill the carbide insert was gone i wanted to change . I press stop and change . Then press play , i forgotten to run from here . It retracted in in a arc and damaged a side because it tryed to go start point but in the short way . There is any way that it can be changed ?

More
28 Mar 2015 04:27 #57236 by andypugh

For example why the machine is moving from A to B in a arc and not 90 degrie ? what happens is , i was in a holle whit a mill the carbide insert was gone i wanted to change . I press stop and change . Then press play , i forgotten to run from here . It retracted in in a arc and damaged a side because it tryed to go start point but in the short way . There is any way that it can be changed ?

What was the command that you started the program on? Can you show the G-code?
If it was:
G0 Z 100
G0 X 100
and you saw an arc then it seems likely that you might want to consider your blending tolerance, or possibly reconsider your axis accels. (I am going to ask around about arc-blending in rapids)

If the two moves were on the same line, then a diagonal move is to be expected.

More
29 Mar 2015 17:36 #57272 by emcPT
Replied by emcPT on topic Traub Bosch cc100 retrofit
If your machine have slow accelerations, and you have G0's near the part with X and Z moves (like before part off) you might consider using exact path mode on those moves.

More
04 Jun 2015 01:49 #59398 by aventtini
Hello friends , now is the time to get the ATC to work and i have some questions

i have turret ATC whit 2 servo motors and encoders on .
reference and limit for advance and retract
1 cam for tool number and 2 for reference . Now i have seen info but not that simple to do . First one is the hardest :D. So give me some suggestions .

More
04 Jun 2015 02:28 #59399 by andypugh
Have a look at the sample configuration and simulator here:

www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...-hal-questions#58732

More
04 Jun 2015 02:51 #59400 by aventtini
i have some settings made by cncbasher but i dont know in what state is it . Dave is no on for 4 months and now im trying to understand the logic. Why are so many files on the zip folder of the VMC

More
04 Jun 2015 02:58 #59401 by aventtini
i see it has spindle hal and toolchanger hal . So i need to delete the existing one from my machine and include and mod this

Time to create page: 0.654 seconds