Traub Bosch cc100 retrofit

More
19 Feb 2015 02:57 #56095 by aventtini
:))) sorry . On my bosch SM drives there are some swich called P and I . How do you make the PID now ? Combination between servodrive and the INI file ? If i move the P from to max on the motors it starts to oscillate like if you modifies in the ini file

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2015 06:53 #56103 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Traub Bosch cc100 retrofit

Combination between servodrive and the INI file ? If i move the P from to max on the motors it starts to oscillate like if you modifies in the ini file

Yes. I think that the settings on the Servo drive are to tune the velocity loop, and the settings in the LinuxCNC PID tune the position loop.

The same basic rules apply to both. But you probably need to adjust one, then the other, then back again a few times until it all works like it should.

More
21 Feb 2015 05:36 #56169 by aventtini
Tnx , now i have made some test and there is something strange happening , I have made G54 to 0 and the make g0 x100mm , it gos ok but take some time de decelerate . like 0,026 to 0.00 one at a time like a delay . That means speed is to much ?

More
21 Feb 2015 06:06 #56171 by andypugh
If your speed numbers are high you would normally expect very high acceleration numbers too.

Your machine is 24 m/min = 400 mm/sec. I wouldn't be surprised at 40000 mm/sec/sec for the accel.

Basically you can crank up the accel until you get a following error or the machine starts to walk across the floor, then reduce it back a bit :-)

More
26 Feb 2015 03:07 #56297 by aventtini
there was a problem whit "I" . It was to big , i set it to 0 and now its spot on. The correct speed is 300 but acceleration must be lower ? like 150?

More
27 Feb 2015 04:19 #56321 by andypugh

there was a problem whit "I" . It was to big , i set it to 0 and now its spot on.

"I" is often a very small number, but assuming that zero is correct seems odd. When I say "small" have you tried values like 0.000001 ?

The correct speed is 300 but acceleration must be lower ? like 150?

Typically the acceleration numbers are much bigger than the velocity numbers

If the max speed is 300 and the max accel is 150 then it takes 2 seconds to reach peak speed.
That means 300mm to reach 300mm/sec. Unless you have 600mm travel you would never even see top speed.

v^2 = 2as. So, if you imagine that you expect to reach full velocity in 25mm (which may be rather conservative) then you end up with an acceleration guesstimate of at least 1800. It might be 10x that high in the original controller. I really have no feel for it.

More
27 Feb 2015 05:14 #56323 by emcPT
Replied by emcPT on topic Traub Bosch cc100 retrofit
Acceleration is quite more important than top speed in machine tools.
Threading on a lathe is a good example of the importance of acceleration.

More
13 Mar 2015 02:40 #56764 by aventtini
i have tested one week now and its working so fast now . Now i have another problem that i want to test . I have touch probe from BLUM , its a led type ,9v power . Problem is that its working on one direction from 3-15 degrees . i have the spindle encoder in mesa . There is any way to implement a 0 to 360 degree? For example i want to rotate manual the spindle to 90 . I want to mention i dont have a brake on the spindle if i rotate i can see the rpm . Another issue is the spindle can be tubed ? .

More
13 Mar 2015 02:51 #56766 by andypugh

I have touch probe from BLUM , its a led type ,9v power . Problem is that its working on one direction from 3-15 degrees . i have the spindle encoder in mesa . There is any way to implement a 0 to 360 degree?

I don't completely understand the question. Are you saying that you want to index the spindle to specific positions to probe the workpiece?

I can't recall if you have spindle alignment set up on this machine?

More
13 Mar 2015 12:26 #56776 by aventtini
My spindle is rotating on a 360 right, can i read my encoder in degree instead of Rpm. Yes a indexing because this 3probe is working only on one side , not all 4 . I only read the rpm of the spindle .

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds