Maho MH 300 C Retrofit...?

More
06 May 2018 21:34 #110296 by Fermaq
Replied by Fermaq on topic Maho MH 300 C Retrofit...?
Eu não tenho duvidas que funciona. As duvidas que eu tenho é se eu sou capaz de fazer o retrofiting usando a Mesa 7i77,... fazer todas aquelas programações e ligações...
Eu estou longe. Marinha Grande.

I have no doubt that it works. The doubts I have is if I am able to do the retrofiting using the 7i77 Table, ... make all those schedules and atachments ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2018 21:50 #110298 by Fermaq
If I understand correctly, to do the retrofiting using Linux I will need:
-Mesa 7i77
-Mesa 5i25
-PC Desktop + keyboard + monitor
- Linux operating system

-Mesa 5i25 is for installing on the Desktop
-Mesa 7i77 is to be installed/atachment in the machine
-Mesa 5i25 communicates with the 7i77 via a cable
-Programming / command of the machine follows the following path:

-Desktop (Linux) - 5i25 - 7i77 - Drives - Machining

Is that how I described it?

Is there any way, ... or is it possible to install linux on my desktop to know the interface without harming the current operating system?

More
06 May 2018 22:06 #110300 by tommylight

Is there any way, ... or is it possible to install linux on my desktop to know the interface without harming the current operating system?

Yes it is, just download one of the images, wheezy or stretch, copy it to a USB memory stick and boot from it then choose LIVE and you can test as much as you like. It will not do anything to the HDD so you can just unplug the usb and use the computer as usual.

More
07 May 2018 17:40 #110331 by emcPT
Replied by emcPT on topic Maho MH 300 C Retrofit...?
Correct. You probably will also need a 7i84 generally used for the IO of the control panel, if you have a lot of buttons.

From you to us is about 5 hours driving. This would save you a lot of time in the future as you can see a running machine with the exact hardware that you are proposing.

More
07 May 2018 23:06 #110353 by Fermaq
If I wil going to use a desktop (for Linux Software). 7i84 is for what??

More
08 May 2018 13:09 #110377 by Todd Zuercher
A 7i84 is a Mesa Smart Serial card and adds additional isolated digital IO points (16 out and 32 in), essentially doubling the the IO available with only the 7i77. It may or may not be necessary with your conversion.

More
10 Jun 2018 10:16 #112125 by Fermaq
Good Morning!
I tried to install linux CNC on an old pc and an empty disk but the best I could do was to have normal linux operating system installed on my computer. I thought I was going to stick with something similar to this I send in the photo.
Attachments:

More
11 Jun 2018 07:09 #112176 by emcPT
Replied by emcPT on topic Maho MH 300 C Retrofit...?
If you installed the linuxcnc iso, then you have linux + linuxcnc. In the menu you do not have a group of programs that are named linuxcnc ?

In the picture that you sent, it is linuxcnc running gmoccapy, that is a "front screen" to linuxcnc that can be customised.

More
12 Jun 2018 00:49 #112221 by Fermaq
Yes, I already knew that. Subsequently in what way is it possible to put LinuxCNC (after customizing) to communicate with 5i25?

More
12 Jun 2018 13:48 - 12 Jun 2018 13:50 #112236 by Todd Zuercher
Not sure I understand your question, but Linuxcnc communicates with Mesa cards (such as your 5i25) via the Hostmot2 driver software.(which is included with Linuxcnc.)

(You can build a Linuxcnc config for using Mesa cards using the PNCconfig wizard.)
Last edit: 12 Jun 2018 13:50 by Todd Zuercher.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds