Maho MH 300 C Retrofit...?

More
11 Jan 2019 01:40 #123936 by J Green
Replied by J Green on topic Maho MH 300 C Retrofit...?
Mr Fermaq
I have only read from various places ( starting from the very - very old Nick Muller You-Tube video) about problems due to the Phillips scales. The scales were not working , parts were not available , no information was available , or used parts cost for one axis was more than converting to new scales for all 3 axis..

However in the past + -- year I have read that some company/person /? is selling a Phillips to TTL converter. Its cost is around $300 dollar per/axis, so not cheap. Also there is still the problem of the Phillips scales repairable when or if they break and also the problem of Phillips scales being prone to dust or dirt getting on the glass.

This may be the place for that converter , (. www.bulgarianindustry.bg/assets/cms/Imag...verter_datasheet.jpg ) but I am not sure. Also I have no knowledge of this converter or the maker.. You are on your own,pilgrim ! Good luck

Later models of Maho machines used Heidenhain Series LS403 scales which incorporated a scale output reference mark at each of the scales ends . But again ,the Heidenhain Series LS403 scales are no longer made - not supported - an used parts are big $$$ .

My thinking is any Maho retrofit that intends to finish with equal or better performance to what the original machine was ,will have scales on every axis the same way that Maho did.

Glad to see you are still working on the retrofit
Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2019 11:26 - 11 Jan 2019 13:32 #123965 by Fermaq
Replied by Fermaq on topic Maho MH 300 C Retrofit...?
I'm afraid I can not do the retrofit with Linux 5i25 / 7i77 Table so I hope I can count on your help. Connecting the wires I think for me is no problem, but part of the programming / settings, ... I see this very dark.
I tried a simpler method for myself and my abilities but it turned out to be ruinous. Here in portugal the technicians work very expensive, and the companies that represent the brands want to earn a lot in a short time, so I decided to be autonomous and try to be me to take care of the situation.
On the scales I have the same opinion as you. Between buying a converter and placing new Chinese scales with a TTL signal, this last option is the most suitable for me, because in the scales the machine has, in winter had problems with humidity, accumulated moisture in the scale of the Z axis and gave error in reading. I had to clean / dry with cotton and only then could I get the machine to work, so I could only succeed in reading.
I will continue to post my speeches here and my doubts as well. I hope to count on your help mainly in the settings.
I had already taken a few steps in the way I was following, I hope I can keep the work done to use with 7i77. There are things I wanted to keep as traditional ...
Can I reuse this handwheel with linux and Mesa 7i77?
(Fermaq is the possible name that I can put when it is company)
Alexandre
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Jan 2019 13:32 by Fermaq.

More
12 Jan 2019 10:30 - 12 Jan 2019 10:31 #124023 by emcPT
Replied by emcPT on topic Maho MH 300 C Retrofit...?
In EuSurplus - located in Portugal, we can retrofit your machine, and we are not expensive (starting the less expensive Mesa boards in Europe ...)
Last edit: 12 Jan 2019 10:31 by emcPT.

More
12 Jan 2019 12:56 #124029 by Mike_Eitel
Of topic but worth a sentence.
And last delivery of Mesa card to Switzerland was fast. A real improvement.
THX

More
12 Jan 2019 14:53 #124034 by tommylight
Off topic but worth a lot of sentences ( copyright by Mike ! ).
I have ordered over 5000 Euro worth of Mesa boards from Eusurplus, they are very reliable and very quick. The orders where made by some of my friends throughout Europe, mainly Austria.
Thank you.

More
12 Jan 2019 15:08 #124035 by RotarySMP
Hi Alexandre, that jog wheel encoder should work with the MESA 7i77.
Mark

More
13 Jan 2019 23:46 #124121 by Fermaq
Tomorrow I will install Linux.
There is a doubt that I have:
To install linux CNC do I have to install Linux ISO too? Should I install everything because it is not possible to install linuxCNC without installing ISO?...? What do they advise me???...

My desktop I go put here, under the control panel

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

More
13 Jan 2019 23:47 #124122 by Fermaq
Tomorrow I will install Linux.
There is a doubt that I have:
To install linux CNC do I have to install Linux ISO too? Should I install everything because it is not possible to install linuxCNC without installing ISO?...? What do they advise me???...

My desktop I go put here, under the control panel

Attachments:

More
14 Jan 2019 02:56 #124135 by Todd Zuercher
Using the Linuxcnc live ISO isn't the only way to install Linuxcnc. But it is usually by far the simplest one.

More
14 Jan 2019 07:16 #124141 by RotarySMP
I agree that for a first time user, especially if you are not well versed in Linux, the Live ISO is the best way to go. It auomatically installs teh realtime patched linuxcnc Kernal, LinuxCNC and all the other stuff you might need. like an internet browser, email client etc. It is much simpler than setting up a windows box.
Mark

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds