Maho MH 300 C Retrofit...?

More
26 Aug 2018 21:18 #116619 by Fermaq
Replied by Fermaq on topic Maho MH 300 C Retrofit...?
Back and now in principle is to continue.
What kind of motherboard do I need on the desktop to fit the 5i25 desktop. I know there is more than one type of PCI ... (...)
I think it is better to buy the 5i25 first and then analyze it, right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2018 08:17 #116637 by RotarySMP
There is a table published here with some example of mobo's which work and some which don't work well with LinuxCNC.

Generally, you don't need anything too modern or powerful, as the real time kernal works best when you disable multi threading on the CPU's. However since the MESA cards own processor take over the accuracy of timing of motion, so you can accept more latency with a MESA installation.

The 5i25 card requires a normal PCI bus. There is also the 6i25 if you choose a MoBo which only has PCI-e.

I choose an Intel Atom D945GCLF chipset motherboard because it was nice and compact, cheap (bought it used), and has good latency. So far it has been rock solid in the testing/ and set up I've done to date.
Mark

More
27 Aug 2018 17:44 #116664 by Fermaq
Here are the characteristics of the pc where I intend to install:

Brand - Fujitsu Siemens
Disc 120gb SSD
Memory - 2 gb
Graphics Card. Asus (below photo of it)
Processor - AMD Sempron (see photo below)
Characteristic remainders follow below. Also follows the link with the characteristics of the motherboard

picclick.co.uk/Fujitsu-Siemens-W26361-W1...rd-272035579629.html

I have already researched that PCI allows speed up to 128mb / s, is it enough to communicate with the 5i25 Table?
And ins this desktop enough for my project?
Attachments:

More
27 Aug 2018 19:12 #116668 by RotarySMP
Try it. Just download the latest LinuxCNC live image, create a bootable USB drive, and boot into it. You can then run the latency test overnight with a bunch of gears running, maybe some youtube videos etc, and can then see what sort of latency it has.
Mark

More
27 Aug 2018 20:20 #116671 by Fermaq
Tomorrow I will go do that. Thanks for help

More
03 Sep 2018 22:09 #117032 by Fermaq
Can you tell me if I can use this keyboard in my project (with linux 5i25 + 7i77)? Is it possible to configure it to use with the desktop where install linux? Or do I even have to use a normal desktop keyboard?

And potentiometers for spindle feed and feed rate, can I use it from another machine? (in this case siemens controller)

I know I can do all this with the pc keyboard, but I wanted to keep the rest of the machine looking more traditional.

Thanks
Attachments:

More
04 Sep 2018 20:36 #117072 by RotarySMP
Per the MESA 7i77 user manual:

ANALOG INPUTS All field input pins are capable of reading the input voltage. These are not highly accurate or high resolution but can be useful for things like potentiometer inputs. Input resolution is 8 bits and input full scale value is 36.3V. Accuracy is +-5%

What is the interface of that keyboard? Is it a multiplexed set of buttons?
Have a look at this thread...
forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...ard-with-mux-generic
Mark

More
09 Jan 2019 14:22 - 09 Jan 2019 14:25 #123829 by Fermaq
What is the type of signal MESA 7i77 acept?(??) My milling machine have linear scales very hold, they are Philips ...
If you can help me plesa said me what is the type of signal of this scales...? (TTL, VPP or 11 µamp). For the controller cames 5 wires...
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Jan 2019 14:25 by Fermaq.

More
09 Jan 2019 16:48 #123840 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Maho MH 300 C Retrofit...?
The 7i77 expects TTL quadrature signals.

it is possible that your scales need a interpolation unit.

More
10 Jan 2019 10:35 #123892 by RotarySMP
When Nick Müller converted his MH700C a few years ago, his also had the Phillips scales. He is a talented guy with electronics, but was not able to decode the Phillips scales and ended up replacing them them with some modern ones. I'm pretty sure all the modern ones like Mitutoyo, or the chinese copies are all TTL quadrature output, although most cheap ones are normally 0.005mm resolution, and the Mahos were built with 0.001mm resolution.

The thread is in German so you'll have to put it through google translate. It is here:
www.cncecke.de/forum/showthread.php?4346...highlight=k%FChstall
Mark

Time to create page: 1.155 seconds