Upgraded to 2.9 and stuck on 4.6. Add PlasmaC To Base Machine

More
31 Aug 2019 22:03 #143748 by TexasCNC
I cant seem to understand what is needed to get the configurator to work I created a new axis and its configured with my specs but then I also created a short cut with plasmac and tried the terminal commands and it doesn't do anything. Can some one help that done this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2019 00:25 #143752 by rodw
Have you got a machine that has basix X, Y & Z movement under linuxcnc control?

If not, then its a linuxcnc issue not a Plasmac issue.

More
01 Sep 2019 01:31 #143754 by TexasCNC
I got a base machine working and I ran a cut through it al worked fine but now I am moving to the next step on to 4.6 to add plasmac. I dont see the configurator any where I went back and reinstalled the 2.9 and updates and still dont see it.

More
01 Sep 2019 04:14 #143755 by rodw

I got a base machine working and I ran a cut through it al worked fine but now I am moving to the next step on to 4.6 to add plasmac. I dont see the configurator any where I went back and reinstalled the 2.9 and updates and still dont see it.

What version is reported when you run Linuxcnc from the command line? Does it show 2.9? Did you build from source? If so you need to run the rip-environment script to set all the paths up so it can find the 2.9 resources.

More
01 Sep 2019 08:39 #143764 by phillc54

If you did a BuildBot installation, Configurator should be at /user/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/by_machine/plasmac/configurator.py

If you did a Run In Place installation, Configurator should be at ~/linuxcnc-dev/configs/by_machine/plasmac/configurator.py assuming you cloned with this command: git clone git://github.com/linuxcnc/linuxcnc.git linuxcnc-dev while you were in you home directory.

More
01 Sep 2019 14:00 #143779 by TexasCNC
I was using buildbot to get 2.9 and I know I had 2.9 cause the axix GUI shows it being 2.9 I did like 3 updates from buildbot and I finally got the linuxcnc-dev folder before I wasn’t getting that folder only linuxcnc folder. And I was able to find the configurator.py folder let me run this and see what happens.

More
01 Sep 2019 15:54 #143788 by TexasCNC
Getting a error when I try to open the new created machine saying pin 12 does not exist

More
01 Sep 2019 19:09 #143799 by TexasCNC
its The arc ok signal pin that gives me the error of pin does not exist. I am running the mode 2 configurator and I already tried changing then signal to another pin on my working config and rerun the configurator and still gives the error I had changed to pin 15 and gives the error of pin 15 does not exist. What is the problem anybody?

More
01 Sep 2019 23:26 - 01 Sep 2019 23:53 #143821 by phillc54
Edit your connections.hal file and comment out the line that refers to that pin.

Start LinuxCNC and run HalShow and check that the name of the pin matches what you entered.

Edit: it may help if you could post your HAL and INI files.
Last edit: 01 Sep 2019 23:53 by phillc54.

More
01 Sep 2019 23:52 #143822 by phillc54

I was using buildbot to get 2.9 and I know I had 2.9 cause the axix GUI shows it being 2.9 I did like 3 updates from buildbot and I finally got the linuxcnc-dev folder before I wasn’t getting that folder only linuxcnc folder. And I was able to find the configurator.py folder let me run this and see what happens.

If you are using a BuildBot installation then there should not be a linuxcnc-dev directory, that is only for a Run In Place build

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds