Upgraded to 2.9 and stuck on 4.6. Add PlasmaC To Base Machine

More
04 Sep 2019 16:31 #144161 by TexasCNC
Quick question sorry trying get this dialed in I was cutting a design I had made and as it was cutting it doing everything it should be but then towards the middle of the cut the arc was being lost when it was finishing a inside cut and it would error out and pause the cut that the torch had lost arc. Then i started the cut from the line it missed the arc and tried it again move to the next inside cut and when it was finishing the arc was being lost beofre the m5 command was put out. Is this because I have Lead in and Lead out on my design or is there a setting I need to make on file for the arc? Do i need to remove the lead out that way the arc is not lost to fix error?
Also when i was trying to continue the cut cause it was was error out it would not let me start from the line on gcode cause it was reaching the x limit and position I homed to the left bottom corner of the material i was cutting and the torch was cutting in the right side of the material no where near the boundary of the home of X and Y not sure it make sense but I can get the correct error it was giving me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2019 01:05 #144165 by phillc54
Is your table 80 inches in X and 48 inches in Y?

More
05 Sep 2019 01:11 #144166 by TexasCNC
The table is 45 inches X axis and 24 inches Y

More
05 Sep 2019 01:13 #144167 by phillc54
OK, could you post your current torch_height.ini file and the gcode file you are cutting.

More
05 Sep 2019 01:55 #144169 by TexasCNC
Attachments:

More
05 Sep 2019 01:58 #144170 by phillc54
ini file looks good, there is no gcode file...

Homing and Touch Off are two different beasts but you need to have both done correctly.

Homing lets the machine know where in the world the torch is.

Touch Off lets the torch know where the material is.

In Axis make sure "Tool touch off to workpiece" is selected near the bottom of the Machine menu. Once you set this it should stay that way.

At the beginning of every session home to the front left using a 1/8" spacer as suggested earlier. When this has been done and provided your ini file settings are correct you can jog the machine to its extents and it will not crash against a hard stop. This is because the soft limits set in the ini file and activated by homing will prevent that happening.

Then at the beginning of each job position the material then jog the X and Y axis to where you want X0 Y0 on the material to be.
Select the X axis then click the Touch Off button and enter 0.0 in the Touch Off dialog.
Select the Y axis then click the Touch Off button and enter 0.0 in the Touch Off dialog.

Then you are good to go...

If you are able to position the material correctly when the machine is homed (front right corner) the you could do the X and Y touch off at that position and not worry about touching off for each job.

More
05 Sep 2019 02:04 #144171 by TexasCNC
Here is the error I get half through the cuts and it won’t let me start from the line it left off from

And this is running it through the linuxcnc processor you gave me I loaded it to sheetcam and use it

More
05 Sep 2019 02:06 #144172 by TexasCNC

File Attachment:

File Name: 6inchtexas...ssor.txt
File Size:7 KB
Attachments:

More
05 Sep 2019 02:07 #144173 by TexasCNC
its not letting me import my picture from my phone

More
05 Sep 2019 02:10 #144174 by TexasCNC
It starts the cut and turns off torch and gives error
Exceeded negative soft limit on joint 0
Stop,fix joints axis limits then restart

And also
Radius to end of arc differs from radius to start : and it’s has the gcode on here

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds