Upgraded to 2.9 and stuck on 4.6. Add PlasmaC To Base Machine

More
05 Sep 2019 04:44 #144200 by phillc54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2019 05:04 #144201 by TexasCNC
Attachments:

More
05 Sep 2019 05:08 #144202 by TexasCNC
Sorry to get you off topic on this one but not getting reply on my other thread
Do you see any issues with these files trying to get another axis going with v2.7 with THC was using toma_thc but having issues with error on joint 2 limit switch it wont let me jog or do anything to axis?

More
05 Sep 2019 05:38 #144203 by phillc54
I cannot see anything in that gcode file that should cause any issues.

I don't know anything about the Proma config...

You only have three motors so you shouldn't need gantrykins, you could edit kinematics.hal to something like:
############################## Kinematics & Motion Controller ####################################
# Kinematics
#loadrt gantrykins
loadrt trivkins

# Settings for gantrykins
#setp gantrykins.joint-0 0
#setp gantrykins.joint-1 1
#setp gantrykins.joint-2 2
#setp gantrykins.joint-3 1

# motion controller, get name and thread periods from ini file
loadrt [EMCMOT]EMCMOT base_period_nsec=[EMCMOT]BASE_PERIOD servo_period_nsec=[EMCMOT]SERVO_PERIOD num_joints=[TRAJ]AXES
The way you have the Z axis set up in the ini file you would need to ensure that the travel was in the middle when you homed.
It may be better to set the MIN_LIMIT, MAX_LIMIT, HOME and HOME_OFFSET to the same as what you have for the PlasmaC config and home like you do in the PlasmaC config as well.

I think having the MIN_LIMIT set to the minus value of the MAX_LIMIT and having HOME and HOME_OFFSET in the middle is confusing.
You really would be better served doing it the way I suggest a few posts ago.

More
05 Sep 2019 05:45 #144204 by phillc54
I missed this

Line 190 of thc.hal:
net LimitZ parport.0.pin-15-in => or2.2.in0
expects a limit switch on parallel port pin 15, do you have that?

if not you could try changing the line to:
net LimitZ parport.0.pin-15-in-not => or2.2.in0
or even commenting it out but I have no idea what the repercussions would be...

More
05 Sep 2019 06:04 #144205 by TexasCNC
Well I don’t have it hooked up to my machine yet just getting the axis up and then I would hook it up. But I have 4 motors though 2 on y but when I went to edit the lines on Hal file to enable the a axis it wouldn’t let me open the axis. I went to the thc ports and enable the ports there too and still wouldn’t open. So I #the a axis and it opened up the axis GUI not sure why but I need the a axis though. As far as the Z I don’t have a limit switch only the float but I think I had assigned that already.

More
05 Sep 2019 06:08 #144207 by TexasCNC
what’s a good way to learn all these commands I want to get better at it and it’s helping through trial and error but I want to know more about the invert and not invert commands for input pins and output pins.

Also I am thinking about buying the feather touch ohmic probe and use it on the plasmc co did you helped me with what would I need to do to get that going? As far using the float switch as a backup and the ohmic probe for primary probing?

More
05 Sep 2019 06:12 #144209 by phillc54
Do you have 4 motors on the machine we have been configuring? I only saw 3 in the ini and hal files.

Are you running LinuxCNC from a terminal, if so you should get an error message if you cannot open axis, it is almost impossible to find out what the problem is without knowing the exact error.

More
05 Sep 2019 06:28 #144212 by TexasCNC
Well on the step config I setup x y z and added y to pins 7 and 8. How do I run the axis through terminal to be able to see errors?

More
05 Sep 2019 06:36 #144213 by phillc54
If linuxCNC was installed as a package you type:
linuxcnc linuxcnc/configs/<your-config>/<your-inifile>.ini

If it was a run in place build following the docs then you type:
./linuxcnc-dev/scripts/linuxcnc linuxcnc/configs/<your-config>/<your-inifile>.ini

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds