Upgraded to 2.9 and stuck on 4.6. Add PlasmaC To Base Machine

More
29 Sep 2019 03:44 - 29 Sep 2019 03:44 #146532 by phillc54
All of the Cut Parameters except Cut Amps and Kerf Width are read at the beginning of each cut. Changing these values during a cut will have no effect until the next cut.

Cut Amps at this stage is only an indicator for the operator. This will change in the next update as Cut Amps will be available to be used by a Powermax unit using RS485 communications.

Kerf Width is only used if the GCode specifies cutter compensation as shown in here the PlasmaC User Guide
Last edit: 29 Sep 2019 03:44 by phillc54. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2019 04:28 #146533 by TexasCNC

More
27 Mar 2020 03:25 #161659 by TexasCNC
Phill I just got a machine torch and its a little longer than my hand torch. And I am trying to set up the touch off the nozzle of the torch sticks down further than my hand torch how can I set it up I was trying to look at this thread I had done last year. Do I need t make changes to my ini file and set the measurements differently?

More
27 Mar 2020 03:34 #161660 by phillc54
If you have plenty of Z travel then just make the MINIMUM_LIMIT in [AXIS_Z] and the corresponding [JOINT_n] a bit higher for safety but you need to keep it just below the slats.

If you have a restriced Z travel then you may need to change the mechanics of the Z axis to give you more travel.

More
27 Mar 2020 04:10 #161664 by TexasCNC
I was able to find the reply you gave me and the steps on how to do it and I did the adjustments on ini file and it worked just finished a cut and it worked perfect. I had to go back quite a bit but found the answer.

Now question do you know or point me in the right direction to on adding ohmnic touch I ordered another pararell card so I can get more inputs and maybe i will add some limit switches. Is this possible to have touch and go and ohmnic touch or can I just do ohmnic?

More
27 Mar 2020 04:14 #161666 by phillc54

Is this possible to have touch and go and ohmnic touch or can I just do ohmnic?

If you mean Float Switch plus Ohmic then having both is best then Float will be used as backup if Ohmic doesn't sense.

linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/plas...r.html#ohmic-sensing

More
27 Mar 2020 04:24 #161667 by TexasCNC
What ohmnic unit do you know works with this version and is there anything i need to do tot he ini and hal files to have flaot switch and ohmnic?

More
27 Mar 2020 04:33 #161668 by phillc54
Some guys use the circuit I linked to. In that case you edit your <machine>_connections.hal which would have these lines:
#net plasmac:ohmic-probe         ***YOUR OHMIC PROBE***          =>  debounce.0.2.in
#net plasmac:ohmic-enable        plasmac.ohmic-enable            =>  ***YOUR OHMIC PROBE ENABLING CIRCUIT***
So ***YOUR OHMIC PROBE*** would be the pin you connect DIGITAL INPUT to and ***YOUR OHMIC PROBE ENABLING CIRCUIT*** would be the pin you connect DIGITAL OUTPUT to.

Some guys are using the next circuit down which requires a THCAD card plus you would need to connect it to a software encoder.
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/man/man9/encoder.9.html

You also need to set the Offset and Retries in the Config Panel plus enable Ohmic in the Run Panel

More
27 Mar 2020 04:41 #161669 by TexasCNC
Can I use the mesa THCAD with my machine or do I need to get a mesa motion control card as well?

More
27 Mar 2020 04:43 #161670 by phillc54
You should be able to run the THCAD into your parallel port and use a software encoder.
I think Tom has been successful with this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds