New Project with Mesa 7I96 and THCAD-05

More
22 Jun 2021 06:34 #212645 by rodw

ohmic3 does not seem to be a part of LinuxCNC

Were you supposed to have downloaded it from somewhere?

needs to be downloaded from this forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2021 16:32 #212681 by acourtjester
thanks Phillc
the location with the EU did load a key, but I now have a problem turning on (Estop/power) any new Pncconf made with QTPlasmaC. Other GUI seem to work ok, but some function tabs are missing??? I did a complete reload of the LINUXCNC with upgrades to 2.9. I am very frustrated with LINUXCNC, there are very nice features in the GUI for QTPlasmaC. member had helped but sometime we don't communicate very well I asked where the ohmic3 but no answer. A simple zip file with it in would help. Sorry to complain but I have invested time and money, and I am getting nowhere.

More
22 Jun 2021 17:50 - 22 Jun 2021 17:50 #212684 by snowgoer540

I asked where the ohmic3 but no answer.

You can find it attached to this post:
forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/38848-hyperse...ons?start=210#175839
Last edit: 22 Jun 2021 17:50 by snowgoer540.

More
22 Jun 2021 18:27 #212692 by acourtjester
Thanks for the link, Ok to me that looks like a text doc, how do you compile it in Linux??
It is shown twice in that post one that takes you to github but both look like a text doc. When I save it is shows as a PDF.

Attachments:

More
22 Jun 2021 19:41 #212695 by snowgoer540
I haven’t downloaded it in some time, but I think you are right it’s named something like:

ohmic3.comp.txt

Or

ohmic3.comp.pdf

You simply need to rename it so it is “ohmic3.comp” and then compile it using halcompile —install ohmic3.comp while in the directory the file is located. You may need to run “sudo halcompile —install ohmic3.comp” depending on your setup. At any rate you were doing it correctly you just didn’t have the file and dont forget to execute the command from the folder that contains the file.

Sorry I am answering on mobile and this is the best guidance I can provide at the moment.

More
22 Jun 2021 20:46 #212699 by acourtjester
Thank you I will try that tonight

More
22 Jun 2021 22:42 #212704 by snowgoer540
Right click on the "i" next to the attachment and say "save link as". That will allow you to save it as ohmic3.comp. That should be all you need to do, looks like it didnt have the extra .txt or .pdf on it after all.

More
23 Jun 2021 00:21 - 23 Jun 2021 00:27 #212710 by phillc54

the location with the EU did load a key, but I now have a problem turning on (Estop/power) any new Pncconf made with QTPlasmaC. Other GUI seem to work ok, but some function tabs are missing???

There should be four tabs (five if you have a 4:3 screen) as shown here.

The easiest (and more correct) way to use Estop is to have it as ESTOP_TYPE = 0, or ESTOP_TYPE = 1 in the ini file, then it just follows your external Estop citcuit. If you use ESTOP_TYPE = 2 then you need to make sure all the Estop buttons plus the GUI button play nice together.

If you post your config, I can take a look. In the PARAMETERS tab, click on BACKUP CONFIG and post the resulting file on the forum.
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtplasmac.html#qt_backup

Edit: I would suggest that if you have a float switch, then don't worry about ohmic until you get everything else working correctly.
Last edit: 23 Jun 2021 00:27 by phillc54.

More
23 Jun 2021 14:21 #212747 by acourtjester
Thanks for the reply
Ok I only have 4 tabs on my page, I have attached a zip folder with the files you asked for. The missing tabs also happens with the axis screen set I only have 2 tabs there. Also missing "All Home" button. in QTPlasmaC screen.
Not a problem using only floating head switch, I have done that long ago before THC on other tables. I will be happy to walk before running :) :) . The help is greatly appreciated. as stated before this is table #10 for me with the first using Linuxcnc.:woohoo:
the statement about "E" button and power was the latest Pncconf generated files would load but the "E" button and Power buttons on the screen did not work, to enable the screen to function or open if that is a better turm. The top on the screen shows the the version number of what was updated/upgraded as per instructions.

File Attachment:

File Name: PhillC.zip
File Size:226 KB
Attachments:

More
23 Jun 2021 14:46 #212749 by acourtjester
other files

File Attachment:

File Name: newmachine...7.tar.gz
File Size:10 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: newmachine...6.tar.gz
File Size:10 KB
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.312 seconds