Work with probe

More
11 Jun 2022 08:08 #244932 by Pauchuk
Replied by Pauchuk on topic Work with probe
Hey. Got to the point where probing is needed. I use parallel port BOB for my machine and gmoccapy as gui. Could you help me with setting up touch probe?
My machine is working fine for me, I had touch off probe (Z) set up earlier and havent used it.. I guess my setup (files, code lines etc) arent "standart" anymore.
github.com/verser-git/probe_screen_v2

I found this thread. And already stuck on 2.
"Add to your .ini ...-postgui.hal settings from my-mill.ini and my-mill-postgui.hal, substitute your own constants."
At first, do I copy all files from this link to my config folder? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2022 09:58 #245170 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Work with probe
All except the HAL and INI, yes. You need to merge those with yours.
If you don't already have a postgui.ini then you can use that file as-is, but still need to merge the relevant parts of the INI. (mainly just adding a reference to the postgui.hal)

More
23 Jun 2022 23:01 #245738 by lrak
Replied by lrak on topic Work with probe

That debian 10 distro has several issues. Basic stuff like the network manager, the SMB settings, the time settings, the sleep/screen saver just to name a few, all have to be fixed. IMHO Linuxcnc needs a larger community, but with ISO's like that deb10 it's going to be tough.

I'll give it go for awhile, but i think that Mesa card is going in the trash, to be replaced by a Ethernet Smooth Stepper. Mach3/4 has its issues but has worked for many years on my mill.

I'm running debian 10 with Mesa hardware without issues - you don't need to run the network manager - I don't.  For a LinuxCNC set up one does not want to do a standard install - just install the minimum - start without even a desktop - and then add in only the packages you really need.

I have some messy cryptic notes about setting up Mesa at lrak.net/wiki/LinuxCNC.html -

I'm running with the KDE desktop - or I could give you a package list to base it on.   I even stripped out several packages that loaded daemons that are in the standard LinuxCNC install.

Not sure why you would want to run Samba on CNC box?  I think Windoze has a way to do NFS mounts these days - I think they even do sshfs now?

Time settings are taken care of by systemd - you might be confused that hardware time is zulu? Windows has used local time - which causes all sorts of grief for companies that span time-zones.
It is simple to remove screen savers..

Any time you move to a new software, it causes stress.  The first text editor you use tends to be the 'best'.  Same with CAM systems..

More
09 Jul 2022 02:20 - 09 Jul 2022 02:46 #246925 by jyoung383
Replied by jyoung383 on topic Work with probe

Every time I use the +x to zero my x, it adds a -0.010 to the offset. Here is a video showing what’s happening and an image to show active g-codes. 

Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Jul 2022 02:46 by jyoung383.

More
21 Sep 2022 05:14 - 21 Sep 2022 06:21 #252469 by MRx
Replied by MRx on topic Work with probe
Be aware there's a big issue in probe screen ng.

linuxcnc.command.wait_complete() is not being checked for a timeout, the timeout is 5seconds, and it uses G1 for traveling from one side to another one of a stock.
If the stock is large enough and the feed rates are slow enough a timeout might occur while the psng scripts still continue to run. The output might be completely unexpected (which happened to me).

github.com/sundtek/probe-screen-ng

base.py

self.command.mdi(l)
            rv = self.command.wait_complete(50)
            if rv == -1:
                message = _("command timed out")
                secondary = _("please check self.command.wait_complete timeout in psng base.py")
                self.warning_dialog(message, secondary=secondary)
                return -1

Last edit: 21 Sep 2022 06:21 by MRx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: itsme

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds