ubuntu 14.04.1 linuxcnc help

More
23 Dec 2015 20:27 #67272 by tjmarch
Jason

I just meant some may have a preference, and may opt for both kernels for experimental purposes

They are available please read instructions again. And follow instructions during ISO install process

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2015 22:26 - 23 Dec 2015 22:33 #67278 by tjmarch
Jason
I think we're you are getting confused is deb files are for installing linuxcnc not the kernels. Kernels are installed when you do ISO install. If you choose to install both kernels installation of linuxcnc defaults to Rtai kernel. Right after reboot open grub coustomizer you will see that both kernels are installed. Then follow directions in post about install_notes.txt to change kernels and linuxcnc
Last edit: 23 Dec 2015 22:33 by tjmarch.

More
30 Jan 2016 08:28 #69267 by probamo
Any updates in this regard? I am really looking forwards to get LinuxCNC running in other distros then Debian xfce environment.

More
More
30 Jan 2016 18:49 #69278 by tjmarch

More
30 Jan 2016 19:05 - 30 Jan 2016 19:06 #69281 by probamo
Thanks both for feedback.
Following instruction,since i have 14.04.3 i got the following error (there is no linuxcnc folder in my home place)
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Jan 2016 19:06 by probamo.

More
30 Jan 2016 21:15 #69290 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic ubuntu 14.04.1 linuxcnc help

Debug file information:
intel_do_flush_locked failed: Input/output error

looks like OpenGL problem

wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Troubl...oftware_based_OpenGL

may help

More
30 Jan 2016 22:04 #69292 by probamo
:lol:

Do I need telling you more. Awesome!!! Thank YOU to the SKY!!!
Tested AXIS and GNOMOCAPPY.

More
29 May 2018 16:41 #111271 by Marcodi

UPDATED DOWNLOADS ON 11/25/2015 (made changes in grub setting for latency, better latency results)
I have a couple of files you may be interested in if you what to compile LinuxCNC you will have the option to install Rtai, Rt-preempt or Xenomai kernels. The script file will works with Debian Wheezy, Ubuntu 14.04 and Linuxmint 17.2. With Ubuntu you will get a splat error near end of script if you install Rt-preempt just report error to get rid of message there will be no problems. Script file will make grub changes for latency and add cam resources to Inkscape. I also made Menu items for start menu. The last time I used it documentation would not build as html, but PDF worked fine. I think there is a mistake in git for the html build. When I tested this it built html for a couple of days then would not work after that. In Readme there are some references near the end of file for some CAM software that you might not be aware of. Files can be downloaded from below link they are two large to up-load here.

to get quick view of files
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4sgGWsB...nWmxRX0E&usp=sharing

to download archive
www.dropbox.com/s/0b3m8gsw6o78lca/linuxcnc.tar.gz?dl=0

to download readme
www.dropbox.com/s/9ixxmrse37jd1a5/Readme.txt?dl=0

Tim March :)

Does anyone have these files somewhere, i am running into the same problem with linux mint on virtual machine. I have searched everywhere on the forum for these files but couldn't find them, none of the links are working. Little help please.

Thx

More
30 May 2018 02:32 #111300 by tjmarch
Please read the following post

forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...2?limitstart=0#68341

You maybe interested in this also

forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...b?limitstart=0#86179

Sorry files are not available

Tim March

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds