LinuxCNC Install using MX Linux 19.4 - Geared Toward New Users - Discussion

More
26 Sep 2021 10:07 #221624 by phillc54
Yeah it was easy when it was python2.7 as that was the last 2 version so every distro had 2.7.
I could have sworn the Mint20 I built had python 3.8

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2021 14:46 #221638 by Clive S

It does. For deb and deb-src (which it looks like you may be missing, at least in the photo you provided) you need to edit the entry and change “stretch” to “buster”.

I decided to go with plan B and cloned the MXlinux drive and moved the config to it. Now its on the latest version

My next problem is the the bar at the bottom of the screen (task or panel) could do with auto hiding I haven't found the solution yet.

More
26 Sep 2021 15:13 #221641 by snowgoer540
Right click on the panel (and hold it), slide to Panel and then Panel Preferences, release right click.

In the Display tab, under General, there is a drop down next to "Automatically hide the panel:".  Never, Intelligently, Always

I am not sure what intelligently does, but either way, I think that is the option you are looking to change.

Glad to hear you got 'er goin!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
26 Sep 2021 17:02 #221645 by Clive S
Thanks Snowy.  That worked on the office machine  with MX will try tomorrow on the MX plasma  QT

Now I have 3 cloned drives and need to move a PlasmaC config over to QT I suppose I could manually just change all the pins in the hal and ini changes etc file over as I have QTplasmac on the drive.

The PlasmaC config is almost the same as mine just the Y axis is on different pins mesa 7i96

More
More
26 Sep 2021 17:08 #221648 by Clive S

Phill’s got you covered on this one:

linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtpl...tml#qt_modify-config

Yes I did see that. I have asked my friend 70 miles away to send me his config so that I can set it up for him on my plasma.

I will give it a try.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
26 Sep 2021 17:14 #221649 by snowgoer540
No worries, both should work, so long as you catch all the important stuff.

If you are doing it for him, might be best to change the hal and ini files accordingly and send it back to him.  Then you wont have to deal with messed up symlinks.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
27 Sep 2021 00:40 - 27 Sep 2021 00:41 #221670 by spumco
Back to the drawing board...

LCNC is installed, and Axis/Gmoccapy sims work.  But any Qtvcp screens throw error messages:

[attempted Woodpecker screen]
Traceback (most recent call last):File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/qtvcp/qt_makegui.py", line 135, in qrccompilesubprocess.call(["pyrcc5", "-o", "{}".format(qrcpy), "{}".format(qrcname)])File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 323, in callwith Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as p:File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 775, in __init__restore_signals, start_new_session)File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 1522, in _execute_childraise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'pyrcc5': 'pyrcc5' During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last):File "/usr/share/qtvcp/screens/woodpecker/woodpecker_handler.py", line 104, in <lambda>STATUS.connect('interp-idle', lambda w: self.set_start_line(0))File "/usr/share/qtvcp/screens/woodpecker/woodpecker_handler.py", line 972, in set_start_lineself.w.lbl_start_line.setText('1')AttributeError: 'VCPWindow' object has no attribute 'lbl_start_line' 

[different error attempting QTDragon HD]
Traceback (most recent call last):File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/qtvcp/qt_makegui.py", line 135, in qrccompilesubprocess.call(["pyrcc5", "-o", "{}".format(qrcpy), "{}".format(qrcname)])File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 323, in callwith Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as p:File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 775, in __init__restore_signals, start_new_session)File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 1522, in _execute_childraise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'pyrcc5': 'pyrcc5' During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last):File "/usr/share/qtvcp/screens/qtdragon_hd/qtdragon_hd_handler.py", line 94, in <lambda>STATUS.connect('override-limits-changed', lambda w, state, data: self._check_override_limits(state, data))File "/usr/share/qtvcp/screens/qtdragon_hd/qtdragon_hd_handler.py", line 523, in _check_override_limitsself.w.chk_override_limits.setChecked(False)AttributeError: 'VCPWindow' object has no attribute 'chk_override_limits'

Anyone know what these mean and how to sort it out?  Or should this be moved to a different sub-forum?

Thanks,
Ralph
Last edit: 27 Sep 2021 00:41 by spumco.

More
27 Sep 2021 00:50 - 27 Sep 2021 00:51 #221671 by snowgoer540
I'm not very familiar with either of those GUIs...

Does the qtplasmac sample screen that the docs tell you to try work?
Last edit: 27 Sep 2021 00:51 by snowgoer540.

More
27 Sep 2021 01:03 #221674 by phillc54
If you have successfully run the Qt install script:
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtpl...tml#qt_modify-config

then it may be best to post on the QtVCP section.
forum.linuxcnc.org/qtvcp

The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds