Ethercat HAL driver

More
23 Jul 2020 02:34 #175456 by CORBETT
Replied by CORBETT on topic Ethercat HAL driver
@besriworld

I have been on here for a while and have not seen these amps here on the forum that I can remember. Not to say they are not, but do not look familiar at all. Plus if they are not shown on the GitHub site, then I would doubt anyone has made the device files yet. Just as an example of how long it has taken to get more devices working, the Omron G5 device was just recently added and I have watched for a very long time before it was added.

I am sure "Chimeno" will chime in to help you and he is excellent with his advise, and may even be able to make the device files you need. There are a few others that are on here such as Grotius that may be able to help also.

Worse case you can always use the Generic driver for manual mapping to HAL pins. You do this in your XML file and that will get you up and running pretty quick to at least get going. Hope this helps a little.

Robert
The following user(s) said Thank You: besriworld

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2020 11:41 #176363 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic Ethercat HAL driver
I make an rip-install on ubutnu 18.04 ... seems all work goods, but after some test of connection I try to launch my first config and I can see problem with linkied lcec.so .... so I try with halcmd and see these ... (the problem is on 68, 108 and 113 page of these thread)
demo@demo:~/linuxcnc-dev$ halcmd loadrt lcec
Note: Using POSIX realtime
lcec: dlopen: /home/demo/linuxcnc-dev/rtlib/lcec.so: undefined symbol: ecrt_slave_config_sdo
<commandline>:0: waitpid failed /home/demo/linuxcnc-dev/bin/rtapi_app lcec
<commandline>:0: /home/demo/linuxcnc-dev/bin/rtapi_app exited without becoming ready
<commandline>:0: insmod for lcec failed, returned -1

mine is rip-install ....sim axis work ok, ehercat slave output:
demo@demo:~/linuxcnc-dev$ ethercat slave
0  0:0  PREOP  +  EK1100 EtherCAT-Koppler (2A E-Bus)
1  0:1  PREOP  +  EL1008 8K. Dig. Eingang 24V, 3ms
2  0:2  PREOP  +  EL2008 8K. Dig. Ausgang 24V, 0.5A

I see the error when launch command with halcmd .... not understand if someone has solve these without change ec-debianize version .... comeone can help me for these problem?

regards
bkt

More
30 Jul 2020 09:00 - 30 Jul 2020 13:15 #176485 by bkt
I control make file (modinc etc etc) and test with ldd some library as lcec.so libthethercat.so ..... I thinbk the problem was ec-debianize script .... seems not make for a rip-install .... so sometime shared library not match with respective folder on the SO ....

see mine ldd terminal output:

demo@demo:~/linuxcnc-dev/rtlib$ ldd lcec.so
linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffe1ead5000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0x00007fa2a1023000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007fa2a0c32000)
/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007fa2a15df000)

is my output correct or is there still some library missing?

Regards
bkt
Last edit: 30 Jul 2020 13:15 by bkt.

More
31 Jul 2020 02:11 - 31 Jul 2020 02:13 #176595 by Nico2017
Replied by Nico2017 on topic Ethercat HAL driver
Hi @btk,
are you sure you did:

Copy some files across to the relevant location:

cp ~/linuxcnc-ethercat/src/lcec_conf ~/linuxcnc/configs/FolderWhereInIFileForConfig

to your linuxcnc sim folder (copy it where your ini files is)

cp ~/linuxcnc-ethercat/src/lcec.so ~/linuxcnc-dev/rtlib/

apparently only required for for linuxcnc_dev users
Make the Ethercat0 permission permanent for your user for linuxcnc

sudo adduser $USER ethercat
sudo adduser root ethercat

. Reboot to make it effective permanently.

during your linuxcnc-ethercat installation? See post : forum.linuxcnc.org/27-driver-boards/3559...-to-install?start=30 Might be different if you are using a RIP installation.

Nicolas
Last edit: 31 Jul 2020 02:13 by Nico2017.

More
31 Jul 2020 06:04 #176604 by bkt
on a std linuxcnc-dev rip-install all is intall inside everywhereWIthUserPermission/linuxcnc-dev .... so for sure I've copy lcec.so inside /rtlib, lcec_conf inside /config and I gave ethercat permission .... I read your tutorial but withut . . /scripts/rip-environment command not able to install correctly ethercat .... so after 3/4 test I use that command berofe install and all seems to work better in sim mode ... but when try to make my rt-config I' ve these error .... so for sure there are a problem with permissions .... I think ec-debianize try to write on /.... and not in /home/user/everywhere .... so dependency of lcec.so are unrechable from /home/user/everywhere folder .....

any how in your debian install what is the output of: ldd /rtlib/lcec.so ??

More
04 Aug 2020 06:52 - 04 Aug 2020 06:54 #177186 by thang
Replied by thang on topic Ethercat HAL driver
Try the solution here, it worked for me. You just need revert realtime.mk file then remake linuxcnc-ethercat.
github.com/sittner/linuxcnc-ethercat/issues/61
Last edit: 04 Aug 2020 06:54 by thang. Reason: add more detail
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
04 Aug 2020 17:48 - 06 Aug 2020 08:53 #177262 by bkt
@ thang -> Just try on ubunto 64bit ... not work for me ... to morrow i try on debian install. i remember I have a pc with debian linuxcnc strch ready ... so I try just now ... not work ... and reading some my old post I remember that these suggestion is not working for me 3/4 days ago.

regards
bkt
Last edit: 06 Aug 2020 08:53 by bkt. Reason: no write .hgrc file so I gave an error that is report erroneusment

More
06 Aug 2020 10:35 - 12 Aug 2020 12:49 #177487 by bkt
@thang ... i undesrtand I revert a wrong file .... but I didn't understand how the realtime.mk file should be written ..

the file to revert is realtime.mk .... so
  1. cd linuxcnc-ethercat/src
  2. gedit realtime.mk (clear all world in file and add these file .... after save and close ... copy the code I pasted below it comes from version 0.9.1 linuxcnc-ethercat)
  3. after these meke and make install for linuxcnc-ethercat
include ../config.mk
include Kbuild

include $(MODINC)

ifeq ($(BUILDSYS),kbuild)

# dirty workaround to get the RTAI directory
RTAIINCDIR = $(subst /rtai.h,,$(firstword $(wildcard $(foreach i,$(subst -I,,$(filter -I%,$(RTFLAGS))), $(i)/rtai.h))))
ifneq ($(RTAIINCDIR),)
  RTAIDIR = $(realpath $(RTAIINCDIR)/..)
endif

all:
	$(MAKE) EXTRA_CFLAGS="$(EXTRA_CFLAGS)" KBUILD_EXTRA_SYMBOLS="$(RTLIBDIR)/Module.symvers $(RTAIDIR)/modules/ethercat/Module.symvers" -C $(KERNELDIR) SUBDIRS=`pwd` CC=$(CC) V=0 modules

else

LDFLAGS += -Wl,-rpath,$(LIBDIR) -L$(LIBDIR) -llinuxcnchal -lethercat

all: modules

endif

very thanks @thang

regards
bkt
Last edit: 12 Aug 2020 12:49 by bkt.

More
16 Aug 2020 05:12 #178352 by JKAVS
Replied by JKAVS on topic Ethercat HAL driver
I’m building a CNC mill and would like to have a fieldbus based control system. Ethercat with Linuxcnc seems to be one way to do it.

It looks like ASDA series servo drives from Delta are supported by this driver. Does the support include all models? I’m planning to use ASDA-B3. If they are not yet supported, how hard is it to add support for them?

Can the spindle speed be controlled with Ethercat? I’m guessing at least analog control with 0-10 volt signal is possible.

Are there any caveats in using this approach to build the control system? My goal is to make the control system simpler with Ethercat. If this would lead to overly complicated system then I’m looking somewhere else.

More
16 Aug 2020 06:27 #178357 by pippin88
Replied by pippin88 on topic Ethercat HAL driver
I'm also interested in Ethercat for Delta ASDA-B3 servos.

My understanding is I would only need:
LinuxCNC computer
Delta servos
(no other specialty cards unless I want more IO than the delta servos have)

I'm coming from using Mesa 7i76 for steppers.

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds