Ethercat installation from repositories - how to step by step

More
24 Aug 2024 19:13 #308552 by zmrdko

Hi Rod,

I followed these instructions several times  and, everything worked perfectly. Tried to install today and I get an error saying that no public key is available. Any idea if something has something changed? This is a fresh install of the Debian buster Linuxcnc iso.

Kind regards,
Dan

run this:
sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/share/keyrings/
wget -O- https://build.opensuse.org/projects/science:EtherLab/signing_keys/download?kind=gpg | gpg --dearmor | sudo dd of=/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/science_EtherLab.gpg
sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ighvh.sources > /dev/null <<EOT
Types: deb
Signed-By: /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/science_EtherLab.gpg
Suites: ./
URIs: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/science:/EtherLab/Debian_12/
EOT
sudo apt update
sudo apt install -y linux-headers-$(uname -r) ethercat-master linuxcnc-ethercat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2024 05:49 #308661 by seyad
 I am using your recent image only but i con't able to intall ethercat -master following this
Attachments:

More
26 Aug 2024 06:12 #308666 by rodw
The following user(s) said Thank You: seyad

More
26 Aug 2024 09:40 - 26 Aug 2024 10:57 #308684 by seyad
how can i resolve it..?when i  try to download manualy but it is shows 404 page not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Aug 2024 10:57 by seyad.

More
27 Aug 2024 08:31 #308779 by rodw
Looks like ARM is not supported in their repo; You will need to compile from source

More
28 Aug 2024 20:46 #308912 by bucky
Just had this issue the other day. I don't think you have to compile from source if you don't want to. I'm on a Raspberry Pi 5.

It looks like EtherLab changed the name of their distribution repo from IgH to EtherLab. Check out the new location on this page under the Debian section.
etherlab.org/en_GB/getting-started

Relevant instructions:
export KEYRING=/usr/share/keyrings/etherlab.gpg
curl -fsSL download.opensuse.org/repositories/scien...ebian_12/Release.key | gpg --dearmor | sudo tee "$KEYRING" >/dev/null
echo "deb [signed-by=$KEYRING] download.opensuse.org/repositories/science:/EtherLab/Debian_12/ ./" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/etherlab.list > /dev/null
sudo apt-get update

You will have to remove the sources list of IgH if you don't want errors during apt updates.

I don't know if you guys rebuild images between releases, but if it's possible to remove the IgH repo in favor of the EtherLab it may be helpful.

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds