Ethercat installation from repositories - how to step by step

More
06 Sep 2024 22:14 - 06 Sep 2024 22:16 #309529 by Sakhalin_Cat
I figured out the problem of this error. Maybe this information will help you:
When I installed the previous EtherCat-Master driver, I first used the compilation from source method, which installed the compiled driver 1.5.2 with the "make install" command, the installation ended with some error and I left everything as it was, after this installed the DKMS driver and everything worked. When reinstalling the DKMS 1.6.1 driver, it removes the 1.5.2 DKMS driver, but does not remove the remains of the 1.5.2 driver that was compiled with "make install". And you are left with the executable files of version 1.5.2 with the 1.6.1 driver installed.
You need to go to the folder with the source codes from where you compiled the driver and do "make uninstall", after which everything will be fine.
Last edit: 06 Sep 2024 22:16 by Sakhalin_Cat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2024 00:00 #309622 by rodw
The issue is the source method installs its files in a different folder that the deb install does
The following user(s) said Thank You: COFHAL

More
08 Sep 2024 06:03 #309632 by Sakhalin_Cat
I think it is necessary to correct this misunderstanding and change the source codes so that the files in both installation options are in the same location. It took me a lot of effort to understand that the system contains remnants from the previous installation. And judging by the questions, I am not the only one who has encountered such a problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: COFHAL

More
08 Sep 2024 06:48 #309634 by rodw

I think it is necessary to correct this misunderstanding and change the source codes so that the files in both installation options are in the same location. It took me a lot of effort to understand that the system contains remnants from the previous installation. And judging by the questions, I am not the only one who has encountered such a problem.

I don't think that is possible and in any case we don't have control of the ethercat master. Building from source is well and truly obsolete now.

More
10 Sep 2024 21:38 #309865 by COFHAL
How to update ethercat, I have version 1.5 installed and it shows me an error I can't update it to IgH EtherCAT master 1.6.1 1.6.1

More
10 Sep 2024 23:51 #309872 by rodw
Please follow the steps here
forum.linuxcnc.org/ethercat/53785-instal...thercat-repositories

Then go back to the first post on this thread.

More
11 Sep 2024 19:17 - 11 Sep 2024 19:25 #309936 by bertoldo
"Ethercat should be running. If the above command is not found, you have a problem
You can list the slaves if you type
ethercat slaves"
So far I found the servo everything fine... but then it didn't go, from my understanding there is no lcec_conf file...

raspberrypi4b 8 giga, servo ethercat I will add a xml of the drive too 

File Attachment:

File Name: LC10EV1.041.xml
File Size:735 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Sep 2024 19:25 by bertoldo.

More
12 Sep 2024 04:55 #309962 by rodw
Sometimes the path needs modifying in the hal file where you load the ethercat driver. You need to share the errors printed in the console when you start linuxcnc from the command line for anybody to help

More
12 Sep 2024 12:22 #309997 by bertoldo
Mine doesn't give any errors. It's just that I don't know how to configure it in Linux CNC.

After my run I'll make a video from start to finish and a manual to post here for those who have never opened Linux CNC.

I open Linux CNC and press to move the axes and the software acts as if everything is fine, but it's not. In fact, I've started the trial and error phase... I'm disoriented :)

More
12 Sep 2024 14:47 #310011 by jjdege

I'm disoriented :)

look here it might give you a starting point
The following user(s) said Thank You: bertoldo

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds