Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: raspberry)

27 Jul 2024 07:50 - 27 Jul 2024 07:58

I want to create a VNC in linuxcnc running in raspberry pi 5

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

If your problem is to only view LinuxCNC on Windows and you are not interested in the desktop of the Linux machine I recommend using an X-Terminal like MobaXterm
mobaxterm.mobatek.net/

Alternatively you can see how this new feature works

www.raspberrypi.com/documentation/services/connect.html

27 Jul 2024 02:46
Replied by timaer on topic LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

Thank you so much ,that's very helpful.
26 Jul 2024 18:45

I use tightvnc, never had any issues. Windows 10, so that may be the reason for black screen.
Just follow some guide to setup vnc on debian. And never operate the machine remotely.
Vnc is only useful to sometimes check gcode without going to the garage...
26 Jul 2024 15:13
Replied by elovalvo on topic LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

if you are using the image from this link

forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...pi-5?start=40#303752

maybe they should already be installed.

I've never used Ethercat so I've never had this problem.

However you can see at this link
linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-linux-ker...ders-on-raspberry-pi
26 Jul 2024 12:22

LinuxCNC machine setup with Rasperry Pi4 and Mesa 7i76 for communication

Hello everyone, after the resignation of my very esteemed colleague, I need to set up the software on a functional system using a LinuxCNC mesa7i76e card with a Raspberry Pi 4. When the SD card got corrupted, I had to reinstall the software, but I have no knowledge about this subject. I downloaded the LinuxCNC 2.8.0-pi4 image file from the internet and wrote it to the SD card. The system runs, but I can't establish communication with the Mesa card during the setup. If anyone can provide support on this matter, I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance and have a good day.
26 Jul 2024 11:16

I wouldn’t trust Windows anything to pour a glass of water.
But if you must, there has been a changer in one of the vnc apps, can’t remember which, which doesn’t allow a user to login remotely as well as locally. Linuxcnc is just Debian under the hood, nothing special other than Linuxcnc being installed. So any tutorials for Debian bookworm on vnc will be fine (the platform won’t matter). Since the linuxcnc images aren’t based on the Raspbian images any tutorials for the RPI5 using the Raspbian images will not be
what you want.
But before you do anything ensure you have a physical estop if you insist on vnc, cos if you lose your connection you’ve lost control of the machine.
26 Jul 2024 08:58

Hi, I have tried installing tightvnc and realvnc but iam unable to access the remote desktop of linuxcnc in my windows system. I have installled tightvnc sofware in windows 11 iam getting blank screen. Can anybody can tell me the VNC which supports Linuxcnc ?.
24 Jul 2024 07:59
Replied by timaer on topic LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

Hey,elovalvo,I've installed your image in my rasppi5 machine,but met a problem while I installed the linuxcnc-ethercat ,I cant run "sudo apt install -y linux-headers-$(uname -r) ethercat-master linuxcnc-ethercat",because I cant find the right kernel version of header,could you offered that ? Thank you
21 Jul 2024 02:24

Pi4b and Pi5 users - What should go in a 2.9.3 image

I have a Mesa 7c81 card that would like to use in the servo mode. I have not been able to get the LinuxCNC Pncconf to complete its configuration to complete. It gets stuck with a python error. I edited the python code to fix some of the errors. I would also prefer to use the raspberry 5 and the 7c81 needs the spi to use the 7c81. For some reason the pi 5 only uses 1 screen. If it’s helpful I have time to test running your updates to provide feedback if you don’t have a full HW test bed to help test the code fixes.
19 Jul 2024 04:35

Linuxcnc's Ethercat in Raspberry pi-5

Category: EtherCAT

yes, if you use pre-developed image, Everything work well. But Actually i am trying build linuxcnc from source file and ethercat too, there only i am facing issue
17 Jul 2024 11:53

This is for the 4B but you might be able to set the screen resolution in config.txt
pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-screen-resolution/
But this file might be in a sub folder
17 Jul 2024 09:52

HI
Just wanted to confirm that everything is working
I downloaded and installed the LinuxCNC file for Raspberry Pi 5
followed the stiky written by Rod for the EtherCAT drivers and everything works
my CNC moves like with the PC

the only thing you can't manage is the display
but it's all great
Thank you!
16 Jul 2024 14:29
Replied by Limo on topic Raspberry Pi Mesa 7C81

Raspberry Pi Mesa 7C81

Hello
I couldn't really continue with setting LinuxCNC up. But I want to probably use a touchscreen to interface with the machine. What size is recommended. The Machine should be a CNC-Lathe in the end. Do you have some recommendations? Also maybe not topic related, but I was wondering if you can set up remora so you can drive the spindle with step/dir?
Displaying 136 - 150 out of 1066 results.
Time to create page: 1.057 seconds