Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

  • JT
  • JT's Avatar
29 Sep 2025 09:41
Replied by JT on topic Flex Gui Jog after toolchange

Flex Gui Jog after toolchange

Category: Flex GUI

I can duplicate that error so should be fixed shortly.

JT
  • nikopoli@live.it
  • nikopoli@live.it
29 Sep 2025 06:43
Replied by nikopoli@live.it on topic Repair servodrive yaskawa CACR

Repair servodrive yaskawa CACR

Category: Off Topic and Test Posts

I understand your observations. Honestly, I don't have any way of knowing if the working drive has been repaired before, but it's a definite possibility, especially considering it could be up to 30 years old!
​Regarding the corrosion near connector CN7, it's hard to say for certain if it's due to a cold solder joint or other factors. Furthermore, the pasty substance on the transistors above could indeed be solder flux (residue from the assembly process or a previous repair), or it could be liquid leakage from the nearby electrolytic capacitors, which would indicate another potential issue. Both hypotheses are plausible on electronic boards of that age.
  • MacKaye
  • MacKaye
29 Sep 2025 05:38 - 29 Sep 2025 07:43
Replied by MacKaye on topic Weiler DZ26 Millturn Conversion

Weiler DZ26 Millturn Conversion

Category: Turning

Finding all necessary inputs for systemstate estop in those linux systemfiles on github is above my paygrade. What could trigger estop internally?
iocontrol.user-enable-out has to be TRUE aswell for estop reset to work? 
  • CarbonNater
  • CarbonNater
29 Sep 2025 03:33
Replied by CarbonNater on topic ECMO VMC100 Retrofit with Carousel/Toolchanger

ECMO VMC100 Retrofit with Carousel/Toolchanger

Category: Milling Machines

I’ll have to peak in and look at how many sensors it has, everything I’ve seen it looks nearly identical. I’m in the states, in Texas.
  • ffffrf
  • ffffrf
29 Sep 2025 03:16 - 29 Sep 2025 03:36

Extremely confused - Nonworking limit switches

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

This is my second linuxcnc machine I am in the process of building (First one was a C axis lathe). This is a very simple 3 axis mill and I am running into some sort of issue with the limit switches that I cannot for the life of my figure out.

Here are the facts

1. Wiring is all the same as my first machine, using a mesa 7i96s (same as prev machine as well)
2. I set my input 0 as my X min limit (although have tried home/min, max, home/max) have also tried inverted and non-inverted
3. When I get to my X motor test/tune page, I go to my halmeter and I PROBE GPIO-000 AND input-00 BOTH of them correctly change states when I press the limit switch, indicating it seems to be working correctly.
4. HOWEVER, when I open the actual machine program (am using gmocappy) the limit switch no longer works / does not change state - neither gpio-000 nor input-00 change state. If it is inverted in pncconf it will show the switch as always active and thus I cant turn on the machine, and if it is non-inverted, the limit switch simply does nothing.

I am utterly confused, it is the same code as the other machine, I must be doing something stupid but I am not seeing what that is. I will upload my hal/ini, can someone please help? Like I said I have tried setting it as all sorts of limits and homing and whatnot, and have tried inverted / non-inverted.

I am so so confused....


edit: just as an FYI - the actual axis motors move correctly, so I don't think its something like the mesa is not being communicated with in the real instance of the software
edit2: could it have something to do with the fact that i am using the same computer for both machines? (I unplug one mesa board and plug in the other when i want to run the 2nd machine)
 
  • ArcAiN6
  • ArcAiN6's Avatar
29 Sep 2025 01:20

Looking for a specific, detailed howto guide for XYYZ gantry setup

Category: Advanced Configuration

i left the pin asignments as they were, just changed the dropdown to change it from normal Y axes, and Tandem.

i.e.
Pin 4 and 5 set as Y-Step and Y-DIR
Pin 8 and 9 set as Tandem Y-Step and Tandem Y-DIR
This causes the left motor to move when testing, right motor does nothing

Pin 4 and 5 set as Tandem Y-Step and Tandem Y-DIR
Pin 8 and 9 set as Y-Step and Y-DIR
This causes right motor to move, left motor does nothing

I didn't swap any of the physical signals, just that one setting in the stepper config wizard.

If i set the machine to XYZA, and set both motors are normal, making pins 8/9 the A axis. i can jog both motors individually in the wizard's test feature.
  • PCW
  • PCW's Avatar
29 Sep 2025 01:05

Looking for a specific, detailed howto guide for XYYZ gantry setup

Category: Advanced Configuration

If i swap which is Y normal, and which is Y tandem, the other motor moves, and the original motor does not.

This is not really clear, dd you swap the hardware or the Y and Y2 functions in the hal file?

(that is, did you verify that the parallel output pins 8 and 9 work as expected)
  • ArcAiN6
  • ArcAiN6's Avatar
28 Sep 2025 23:53

Looking for a specific, detailed howto guide for XYYZ gantry setup

Category: Advanced Configuration

 

File Attachment:

File Name: my-mill.hal
File Size:5 KB

 

File Attachment:

File Name: my-mill.ini
File Size:3 KB
  • tommylight
  • tommylight's Avatar
28 Sep 2025 23:43
  • ArcAiN6
  • ArcAiN6's Avatar
28 Sep 2025 23:36

Looking for a specific, detailed howto guide for XYYZ gantry setup

Category: Advanced Configuration

Yes. It is a parallel BOB.
In stepper configuration wizard, i set Y as normal axis, and the secondary motor as Y tandem. (read that somewhere here in the forums)
Both sides have their own limit switches.

Testing in the configuration wizard:
Setting Y axis as normal, and the additional motor as Y tandem.
Then going forward to "test" only 1 motor moves.
If i swap which is Y normal, and which is Y tandem, the other motor moves, and the original motor does not.

Deciding to go ahead and finish the configuration wizard, and test it in linuxcnc, the same issue occurs. It attempts to home only one motor
This is the issue i've been trying to find a solution to.
Displaying 13306 - 13315 out of 13315 results.
Time to create page: 0.602 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum