Another plasma component...

More
11 Jul 2019 06:26 #139067 by thefabricator03
Ok another problem for Phill,

I am having difficulty with the Ohmic sensor, When I cut out a large slot or hole the water that is sprayed up after the end of cut when the center falls away is causing the ohmic probe to trip on the next probe event,

I do not see much way around this, as this only occurs on certain parts ,is there a way we could place a Ohmic Enable or Disable box in the plasma config page? That way we could turn it off when we know we will be doing parts that will spray water up and rely on the probe limit switch to detect the surface height.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2019 06:44 #139069 by phillc54
Ohmic enable/disable could certainly be done.

It would be interesting to hear if others are having that issue as well.

How about one of:
1: Increase the post flow time so that the air may blow the water away.
2: Pulse the torch on at probe start to get some airflow to blow the water away.

More
11 Jul 2019 06:53 #139070 by thefabricator03

Ohmic enable/disable could certainly be done.

It would be interesting to hear if others are having that issue as well.

How about one of:
1: Increase the post flow time so that the air may blow the water away.
2: Pulse the torch on at probe start to get some airflow to blow the water away.

I would like to try the second option as I feel the first will increase cycle times,

Also just having the option in the option in the software to manually disable the Ohmic probe and revert to the probe limit switch would be a very handy feature, I know its not a good idea to just keep adding features after features but I see a real common sense usage for that particular feature.

More
11 Jul 2019 07:02 #139071 by phillc54
Increasing the post flow time shouldn't increase the cycle time should it, or does that impact on when you can fire the torch.

If we added option 2 then we would also probably need to be able to enable/disable that as well.

More
11 Jul 2019 07:19 #139072 by thefabricator03
Just thinking about it and maybe pulsing the torch would not be a good idea if there is a bridge between the nozzle and the shield. Is it likely that having the ohmic circuit live during a torch pulse will cause damage to the ohmic circuit.

I have had the torch airflow running after the cut but when I go to probe I get the ohmic probe detected while moving to probe height error.

And yeah the when the torch is about to fire it stops the air flow from the last cut so I would assume that it would have to wait until the airflow stops.

More
11 Jul 2019 07:27 - 11 Jul 2019 07:28 #139073 by phillc54

Just thinking about it and maybe pulsing the torch would not be a good idea if there is a bridge between the nozzle and the shield. Is it likely that having the ohmic circuit live during a torch pulse will cause damage to the ohmic circuit.

OK, we will forget that idea, the diode "should" protect it but it is probably better to be safe than sorry.

I have had the torch airflow running after the cut but when I go to probe I get the ohmic probe detected while moving to probe height error.

Hmm, airflow "shouldn't" have any effect on probe detection, I don't know why that would be...

And yeah the when the torch is about to fire it stops the air flow from the last cut so I would assume that it would have to wait until the airflow stops.

OK, my inexperience showing again.

I'll put together an enable/disable and hopefully get it out tomorrow sometime.
Last edit: 11 Jul 2019 07:28 by phillc54.

More
11 Jul 2019 07:46 #139074 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...

Thanks for your help guys,

As what Rod posted I had both sets of Velocity and Acceleration set to the same number, I did not read the ini closely enough and did not realize I needed to double the first set of numbers.

It cutting much faster, I just need to set up the THC off before the end of cut in sheetcam because the torch is diving at the end of cut and tripping the probe limit switch.

Great I helped. I got half way through that post and wondered if I was wasting my time. I think we need a chapter about external offsets in the plasma primer (sorry Phill!)

It great to have so much feedback and a responsive developer. This stuff is going to set the standard for plasma for years to come.

More
11 Jul 2019 07:58 - 11 Jul 2019 07:58 #139077 by phillc54
If we have ohmic disabled do we also disable the ohmic LED in the monitor panel or do we leave that following the sensor.
My preference it to leave it follow the sensor or would that confuse users.

rodw wrote:
Great I helped. I got half way through that post and wondered if I was wasting my time. I think we need a chapter about external offsets in the plasma primer (sorry Phill!)

No worries Rod, you write it and I'll push it...

Last edit: 11 Jul 2019 07:58 by phillc54.

More
11 Jul 2019 08:01 #139078 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...

No worries Rod, you write it and I'll push it...

I just about have written it in my earlier post :)

More
11 Jul 2019 08:30 #139084 by phillc54
I just pushed an update with:
Ohmic Probe enable/disable in Config tab
If Probe Height is higher than Safe Height then don't move up to Probe Height, probe directly from Safe Height.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.343 seconds