Another plasma component...

More
15 Jul 2019 01:57 - 15 Jul 2019 01:57 #139348 by thefabricator03

Is the feather touch a separate piece of hardware?

Yeah its a small box that houses the ohmic sensing electronics, It is usually mounted on the Z axis.
Last edit: 15 Jul 2019 01:57 by thefabricator03.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2019 02:00 #139349 by phillc54

Yeah its a small box that houses the ohmic sensing electronics, It is usually mounted on the Z axis.

Does it have a "sensitivity" adjustment?
Would it be possible to wire it into your current config?

More
15 Jul 2019 02:02 #139350 by docwelch
Excellent. That's the behavior I was hoping for and what I had understood from the documentation. I think I have a pretty decent way to do this now. I'll post a link here and start a new thread on the plasmac post processor for Fusion 360 once I get a little further along. I know a lot of you are using Sheetcam and it seems to be a good product - I just have a lot of experience using Fusion 360 already (CNC routing, 3d printing) so want to stick with it if I can.

Steven
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
15 Jul 2019 02:06 #139352 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...
Yes
www.candcnc.net/store-home/feather-touch-ohmic-sensor/

I think other systems have a sensitivity setting (eg a pot.) I wonder if we could use a Mesa analog input somehow as part of this?

More
15 Jul 2019 02:08 #139353 by phillc54

Excellent. That's the behavior I was hoping for and what I had understood from the documentation. I think I have a pretty decent way to do this now. I'll post a link here and start a new thread on the plasmac post processor for Fusion 360 once I get a little further along. I know a lot of you are using Sheetcam and it seems to be a good product - I just have a lot of experience using Fusion 360 already (CNC routing, 3d printing) so want to stick with it if I can.

Steven

If Fusion 360 has a tool table in text format I could have a look at adding that to the material file converter.

More
15 Jul 2019 02:11 #139354 by phillc54

Yes
www.candcnc.net/store-home/feather-touch-ohmic-sensor/

I think other systems have a sensitivity setting (eg a pot.) I wonder if we could use a Mesa analog input somehow as part of this?

Yes, I have just seen a couple of others.
neuroncnc.com/products/004
minithc.com/pub/Ohmic_Sensor_EN.pdf

I would be wary of connecting to a analog input directly, I think it would need some sort of isolation

Maybe PCW could come up with something...

More
15 Jul 2019 02:43 #139361 by docwelch
Phill,

It does have a tool table. I think plasmac will require something a little different but I did find this Fusion 360 tool table to LinuxCNC . I don’t have an extensive tool table built for plasma cutting at this time but I can send what I have to you for testing if you want.

Guys,
I understand the reasoning behind the material table for plasmac and its relationship to the tool table in the CAM program. Are there any situations where you change the tool/material in a single g code file?

Steven

More
15 Jul 2019 02:49 #139362 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...

Phill,

It does have a tool table. I think plasmac will require something a little different but I did find this Fusion 360 tool table to LinuxCNC . I don’t have an extensive tool table built for plasma cutting at this time but I can send what I have to you for testing if you want.

Guys,
I understand the reasoning behind the material table for plasmac and its relationship to the tool table in the CAM program. Are there any situations where you change the tool/material in a single g code file?

Steven

I think the Plasmac version of a "tool table" or materials list will be quite different to a conventional tool table for a milling machine or lathe. But if you go back to the example I posted,
  M190 P2
  M66 P3 L3 Q1 

Is selecting Plasmac tool #2 from the GUI list and waits for one second for plasmac acknowledged it was loaded.

More
15 Jul 2019 02:49 #139363 by phillc54

I don’t have an extensive tool table built for plasma cutting at this time but I can send what I have to you for testing if you want.

If you can send a tool table that was exported directly from Fusion360 that would be good.

More
15 Jul 2019 02:50 #139364 by thefabricator03

Does it have a "sensitivity" adjustment?
Would it be possible to wire it into your current config?

No it does not have a adjustment pot or anything like that,

Reading through the manual for it and this stands out,

"It’s sensor input is surge and voltage protected so normal plasma start and run voltages do not effect it. It offers a fairly low
sense impedance and filtering to prevent false triggering."

So would it be possible to add a variable sense impedance and filtering circuit to our open source ohmic circuit?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds