Another plasma component...

More
15 Jul 2019 08:57 #139388 by phoenix
Replied by phoenix on topic Another plasma component...
I cant see configurator but also if I'm opening it from same path do i need to mention location

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2019 10:12 #139400 by phoenix
Can someone help me to add parport connections in plasmac
Pls don't tell build over working config or go here here and use configrator
Cause that doesn't work
I'm not gona stop untill i get my parport working
U already blamed me for this

More
15 Jul 2019 10:18 #139403 by phoenix
Fupeama how u get ur machine working on this config
I cant even connect step and dir signals
As it doesnt provides necessary help needed everyone not phillc
Configurator says
Arc voltage hal pin but it doesn't say that parport hal pin or component hal pin.. Or any other
What to enter there
I

More
15 Jul 2019 14:43 #139436 by islander261
Guys

This plasma world moves so fast! I am away battling our health system and doing markets and once again I am behind. I don't want to clog up this thread with a topic the isn't PlasmaC specific so please email me If you want a complete rundown on all my trials at ohmic sensing.

'03

I have a Feathertouch for ohmic sensing that I used before. I had the same shorted torch problems when I used it. You can use the one you have to replace the opto relay part of your present setup. I can work out the connections if you need help. The circuit on mine is buried under a blob of black epoxy. From the size I am sure it is nothing more than an opto isolater with a few biasing resistors.

Phill

Thanks again for all the hard work you put into PlasmaC. After three years of working with LinuxCNC I now have the plasma control I set out to build.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, thefabricator03

More
15 Jul 2019 14:57 #139440 by islander261
Guys

Do not even think about trying to use PlasmaC if you don't have a working set of table mechanics you can run using the 2.9 master branch. If you can't configure basic machine motion from the docs you need to get help under one of the more general topics. Plasma is hard to get working well the first time even if you know what you are doing. You will have no chance at success if you are not starting with a set of working mechanics!

John

More
15 Jul 2019 15:04 #139441 by phoenix
AS I SAID IN EVERY POST i have base config which is working but when i try to intergrate plasmac into it using configrator.py things get pretty bad

More
15 Jul 2019 15:13 #139442 by islander261
Ok

Post the .ini and .hal files that work with your basic motion configuration. Also post the .ini and .hal files you are trying to use with PlasmaC. I have never used the PlasmaC configuration program so I have no idea how it works. I build my configurations by hand. We cannot find your problem without your configuration files.

John

More
15 Jul 2019 15:46 #139448 by phoenix
here ijust created it with stepconf

File Attachment:

File Name: new.hal
File Size:3 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: new.ini
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

More
15 Jul 2019 16:06 - 15 Jul 2019 16:07 #139452 by docwelch
Phill,

I have attached a tab delimited text file with a couple of plasma tools from Fusion 360. I don't really think it is going to be worth the time to create a converter given the minimal amount of useful information in the tool table. Fusion 360 does not have a separate tool table for plasma cutting. Other than a tool number, a kerf width, and cutting speeds in the table, there's nothing plasma related. The majority of the table information is more specific to milling tools. That being said, since there is a tool number that will be sent to the post-processor for each operation, I can still make use of the material table in plasmac. Instead of a converter for the Fusion 360 tool table, what might be more helpful would be a python script that would prompt the user for the tool/material number and the required values and have the script create the correctly formatted text file (instead of just creating it manually in a text editor). I know you're trying to get your machine finished so don't feel like this is a requirement - just a suggestion.

I really appreciate all the work you have already put into plasmac and look forward to using it once I get my machine finished, and a post-processor written, and all the other details worked out.

Steven
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Jul 2019 16:07 by docwelch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
16 Jul 2019 01:28 #139530 by phillc54

I have attached a tab delimited text file with a couple of plasma tools from Fusion 360.

It wouldn't be too difficult to create a material file from what you posted. As you said we can get material number, material name, kerf width and cutting speed. We could probably add an onscreen prompt for each tool to input the missing parameters.
Is the format you posted a standard Fusion360 tool table or are there custom additions?
Is tab delimited the standard export format?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds