Another plasma component...

More
11 Apr 2019 07:45 #130651 by phillc54
I have just pushed another update:

Add ohmic-max-attempts pin, this is the number of ohmic probe attempts before fallback to float switch.
Add probe-start-height and ohmic-max-attempts to all the sample configs.
Remove some redundant code.
Fix some typos and general housekeeping.

Cheers, Phill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chimeno, rodw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2019 11:28 #130653 by Zultan
Replied by Zultan on topic Another plasma component...

Yeah I read through that entire page thats how i was able to get it installed. but when I go looking for these after i type in linuxcnc thy are not listed
Sample Configurations/sim/axis/plasmac
Sample Configurations/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac
Sample Configurations/sim/qtvcp_screens/plasmac

If you followed those directions exactly then I suspect that you have compiled the default master branch of linuxcnc.

If you were to follow the guide again but replace:
> git clone git://github.com/linuxcnc/linuxcnc.git linuxcnc-dev
with:
> git clone https://github.com/phillc54/linuxcnc-plasmac.git linuxcnc-plasmac
You would then have to compile the code in the linuxcnc-plasmac directory rather than the linuxcnc-dev.

After you have cloned the Phil's repo from git you can enter the linuxcnc-plasmac directory to ensure that ./configs/sim/axis/plasmac exists.

Hope this helps
Glenn

More
11 Apr 2019 14:59 #130668 by islander261
Phill

Just amazing all that happens when I am away for a couple of days making deliveries.

I will fix my PP today to produce some working code for use with your plasmac branch. Do I need to do anything except update my install from git? Thanks for all the hard work.

John

More
11 Apr 2019 23:26 #130698 by phillc54
John,

Yes, a git update should be all you need.

Cheers, Phill.

More
12 Apr 2019 00:04 #130700 by islander261
Phill

Cut a sheet of parts out today. I think there are a few problems. Here is a video of some of the cutting:

I hope the link works as I really don't know what I am doing with all video stuff. Sorry it is on it's side, rotate monitor or head.

1. Torch always returns to Z max (G53 G0 Z0) every probe. Torch goes to safe Z at end of cut and rapids to next cut, then raises to Z max then probes.
2. On probing error torch stays at safe Z most of the time instead of raising to Z max.
3. IHS skip appears to be broken, tried several settings and none worked, this makes for a slow cut job.
4. Shorted tip probing error is very sensitive compared to my branch, no change in HW.
5. Ohmic Probe button MUST be active when program is paused to check for shorted torch, right now you have no way to check if you actually got the torch clean.
6. Torch pulse button MUST be active when program is paused so you can clear water and debris from plate surface.
7. Had a couple of "lost" in logic events during probing when torch went past Z max and tripped limit switch.
8. What has happened to .thc-enable-ext pin? My thc enable from Gcode is now broken.

TIA for all the hard work.

John

More
12 Apr 2019 00:28 #130702 by phillc54
Thanks John, I will get right on it...

Cheers, Phill.

More
12 Apr 2019 00:43 - 12 Apr 2019 00:47 #130704 by phillc54
John,

Was the thc-enable-ext pin in the plasmac.comp I posted on this thread, If so could you please post it here as I cannot find a copy and I cannot find it any commits to the branch.

Cheers, Phill.
Last edit: 12 Apr 2019 00:47 by phillc54.

More
12 Apr 2019 01:30 #130710 by islander261
Phill

I have not been careful about keeping a full backup before each change so I can't quickly find the file. From my .hals the pin was plasmac_panel.thc-enable-ext and as I recall the pin was created in plasmac_panel.py. It may also have made it to plasmac_config.py. Sorry for the poor configuration management. This isn't a big thing as I can always add an OR2 and make the connection outside of the handler file (as it probably should be).

Nothing for you to do but I think I am going to add more LEDs to the plasmac_monitor.glade panel to indicate when the THC is enabled from the Gcode and when the torch is enabled (i don't feel good about not have an explicit torch enable button). A spare will fill the empty spot until I find another thing.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
12 Apr 2019 01:33 #130711 by phillc54
Thanks John,

I was looking in the commits at the comp file, now I know where it is I should be able to find it.

Cheers, Phill.

More
12 Apr 2019 01:48 #130712 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...

Yeah I read through that entire page thats how i was able to get it installed. but when I go looking for these after i type in linuxcnc thy are not listed
Sample Configurations/sim/axis/plasmac
Sample Configurations/sim/gmoccapy/plasmac
Sample Configurations/sim/qtvcp_screens/plasmac

if you open a terminal window, type
env
and look to see what the EMC2_HOME=xxxxx variable states.

If it does not point to the folder you compiled plasmac into eg (maybe its pointing to ~/linuxcnc-dev), then you have not set the environment as I stated.

So linux looks at this variable to decide in which folder it looks for linuxcnc and we all think its looking in the wrong place....
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds