Another plasma component...

More
12 Apr 2019 06:49 #130723 by phillc54
I have just pushed a few fixes...

islander261 wrote:
1. Torch always returns to Z max (G53 G0 Z0) every probe. Torch goes to safe Z at end of cut and rapids to next cut, then raises to Z max then probes.

Fixed, I confused myself with probe height being the distance above the stock when it really should be distance above the slats.

2. On probing error torch stays at safe Z most of the time instead of raising to Z max.

At the moment all error conditions that cause a pause go to safe height and all error conditions that cause a stop go to Z max.
Should all errors go to Z max regardless.
Also maybe all errors should pause and then the operator has the choice of what to do...

3. IHS skip appears to be broken, tried several settings and none worked, this makes for a slow cut job.

It appears to work ok here, I did make a couple of minor chages but they don't affect the operation.
I used the Gmoccapy imperial config with imperial_plasmac_squares.ngc and did a Dry Run and a simulated cut.
The cut offset in this program is 1.414"
If I set SkipIHS to 1.4 it probes every start.
If I set SkipIHS to 1.5 it goes directly to pierce height.

4. Shorted tip probing error is very sensitive compared to my branch, no change in HW.

Is that the "ohmic probe detected before probing" error?

5. Ohmic Probe button MUST be active when program is paused to check for shorted torch, right now you have no way to check if you actually got the torch clean.

Fixed.

6. Torch pulse button MUST be active when program is paused so you can clear water and debris from plate surface.

Fixed.

7. Had a couple of "lost" in logic events during probing when torch went past Z max and tripped limit switch.

I couldn't duplicate that, maybe something to do with my incorrect math in item 1.

8. What has happened to .thc-enable-ext pin? My thc enable from Gcode is now broken.

I forgot to mention that I took that out a while ago as I could not get consistant results and I was going to look at it again but I got sidetracked.
I will look at this later when we get the basics working.

Cheers, Phill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2019 06:54 #130724 by phillc54

islander261 wrote:
Nothing for you to do but I think I am going to add more LEDs to the plasmac_monitor.glade panel to indicate when the THC is enabled from the Gcode and when the torch is enabled (i don't feel good about not have an explicit torch enable button). A spare will fill the empty spot until I find another thing.

John,

I am happy to try to add and/or modify anything you think is required.

Cheers, Phill

More
12 Apr 2019 14:42 #130731 by islander261
Phill

Thank you. I will most likely not be able to do any testing today because it is suppose to be dry outside after 6 days of rain. At this time of year you can see the grass growing here.

I hope others may weigh in on this so we can see if some sort of consensus can be found . As you know I feel strongly about having a torch enable button and indicator on the GUI. The torch enable signal is ANDed with any torch on signal coming from the controller just prior to connecting to the output pin. On my system a dry run is done any time you run a Gcode program and the torch is disabled. I find that once you get your PP sorted out there isn't much use for a dry run ( I only ever cut full sheets).

I will fall back to using M1 to pause the program on tool change so I can switch the THC enable from the config panel for now.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
12 Apr 2019 23:06 #130745 by phillc54

islander261 wrote:
I hope others may weigh in on this so we can see if some sort of consensus can be found.

Yes, that would be good, I do rely on others as I have no experience with plasma operation...

Cheers, Phill.

More
13 Apr 2019 01:12 #130747 by tommylight
To tired to weight in on anything, need some sleep.
As far as i can absorb, it is going pretty well. Plasma cutting is simple only for watching bystanders.
Regards,
Tom.

More
13 Apr 2019 02:08 #130754 by phillc54

tommylight wrote:
Plasma cutting is simple only for watching bystanders

HAHA, I definitely know that now...

Cheers, Phill.

More
13 Apr 2019 11:45 #130765 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...

HAHA, I definitely know that now...

Cheers, Phill.

I learnt that too!

More
13 Apr 2019 16:50 #130780 by JTknives
I think I'm closer but still getting errors. I now see the plasmac when I run LinuxCNC from a terminal. I select imperial from the axis sim But it Fails. I then open pncconf wizard and point it to the new folder in the config folder. I run through that and save. Then I look for the Hal file with the address and change that to 10.10.10.10 but still errors out. Not sure what I'm doing right or wrong.

More
13 Apr 2019 16:56 #130781 by JTknives
I'm half tempted to just erase everything and start over. At least remove linux cnc and just install this version. I think half my problems is having multiple versions installed. How would I get all this off so I could start from scratch.

More
13 Apr 2019 17:26 - 13 Apr 2019 17:29 #130783 by JTknives
This is what it shows when I try and run the 2 icons I have circled.

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Apr 2019 17:29 by JTknives. Reason: Add pictures

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.890 seconds