RS485 For Hypertherms

More
12 Apr 2020 02:59 #163725 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic RS485 For Hypertherms

Ok, starting to get it. But how come when I uninstalled the installed version of Linuxcnc it all blew up and stopped working?

Your links were still pointing to the installed version?

Probably yes. And I couldn’t find pncconf. Well I found it, but running it didn’t do anything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2020 03:01 #163726 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic RS485 For Hypertherms

Ok, starting to get it. But how come when I uninstalled the installed version of Linuxcnc it all blew up and stopped working?

Probably yes. And I couldn’t find pncconf. Well I found it, but running it didn’t do anything.

Did you run rip-environment before hand and did you run pncconf from the same terminal session?

If you answer yes to both then I have no idea...

More
12 Apr 2020 03:05 #163728 by snowgoer540

Did you run rip-environment before hand and did you run pncconf from the same terminal session?

In all honesty Id be relatively sure I ran them from different sessions. I had no idea it only lasted one session. Now I want to try it again...

More
12 Apr 2020 03:08 #163730 by phillc54

In all honesty Id be relatively sure I ran them from different sessions. I had no idea it only lasted one session. Now I want to try it again...

The way to do it is:
$ source ~/linuxcnc-dev/scripts/rip-environment
$ pncconf

More
12 Apr 2020 16:37 #163783 by snowgoer540

The way to do it is:
$ source ~/linuxcnc-dev/scripts/rip-environment
$ pncconf

Yep that worked great! Thanks for taking the time to spell this out for me. It really helped me understand what's going on.

More
12 Apr 2020 16:54 - 12 Apr 2020 16:54 #163789 by snowgoer540

Actually, it started with an error message, and everything started working right when it cleared, and I switched modes. I wonder if the two are related now. I could try to reproduce it in the morning.

Let me know how it goes.

Ok, so I confirmed the issue. If I start the comms with no air supplied to the PM, I get an error (0-22-0). So long as the error is present, it wont update the tool tip for amps, and I cant change air pressure to anything but 0. I can adjust amperage and modes though.

As soon as the error is clear (turned the air on), the tool tip shows up for amperage, and I can change pressures necessary.

So the two glitches are:
1. tooltip over amps doesnt update if theres a fault on comms enable startup
2. cant adjust pressure to anything but 0 when there is a fault on the PM.

Note: The two glitches are only the case if there is an error on startup. If I clear the error, and reintroduce the error, everything still functions as it should.

For good thorough measure, I disabled the comms to get panel access back on the PM, and it WILL let you adjust pressure to manual mode without any air supplied. I thought maybe the PM itself was preventing this, but that does not appear to be the case.
Last edit: 12 Apr 2020 16:54 by snowgoer540.

More
12 Apr 2020 19:19 #163808 by snowgoer540
One last observation for today... while the fault is present, I can change my amperage to anything I want. So it's not getting the min and max amperages at that time. Again, when the fault goes away, it reads the min and max. Funny to see my PM65 display 105 amps.

Might have to troll the internet with that one LOL

More
12 Apr 2020 23:22 #163822 by phillc54
That actually looks like a bug in the User Connection Procedure, you should try connecting with the air supplied. ;)

Can you confirm that all these issues arise only when you try connecting with an error present.

More
13 Apr 2020 01:01 #163830 by snowgoer540

That actually looks like a bug in the User Connection Procedure, you should try connecting with the air supplied. ;)

Can you confirm that all these issues arise only when you try connecting with an error present.

Haha the parametric modeling software we use at work would call it an “unintended feature”. :laugh:

Yea, I messed around with it a lot. Seems like that’s the issue, connecting with an error present. In fairness one might not know the error is present without connecting... I fully intend to shove the thing under my table and not look at it a whole lot.

More
13 Apr 2020 01:17 #163832 by phillc54

Yea, I messed around with it a lot. Seems like that’s the issue, connecting with an error present. In fairness one might not know the error is present without connecting... I fully intend to shove the thing under my table and not look at it a whole lot.

OK, I'll check it out.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds